Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Program Options: Question
Muspellsheimr
post Mar 24 2009, 04:39 AM
Post #1

Neophyte Runner

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,706

Are Program Options selected when a piece of software is initially written, or are they loaded to a program?

My initial belief was that they were integrated into the program when it was coded. Reviewing the section, however, I am no longer certain, and am inclined to believe you can load them onto programs in a manner similar to autosofts.

Edit: I am also unable to find the Shield program anywhere - is this Complex Form (Technomancer) only?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
InfinityzeN
post Mar 24 2009, 01:14 PM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 16,707

Shield is in the BBB.

Options are coded into programs, but it is a seperate programing test. You can't just take an option and plug it into any program, but have to have the programs source code. Then you program up the option based on that source code, combine them together, and compile.

+Quote Post
Muspellsheimr
post Mar 24 2009, 05:27 PM
Post #3

Neophyte Runner

Shield is not in the BBB (SR4 or SR4A). The only place I have been able to find it is the New Complex Forms section of Unwired. I just do not get why it would be a Complex Form & not a Program.

+Quote Post
crizh
post Mar 24 2009, 06:17 PM
Post #4

Runner

Member No.: 15,722

Unwired p136

Since Matrix damage always affects their living persona directly, technomancers rely on defensive measures more than normal Matrix users.

That's why Shield is CF only.

+Quote Post
Muspellsheimr
post Mar 24 2009, 07:09 PM
Post #5

Neophyte Runner

Which only explains why Technomancers use Shield. It does not explain why Hackers do not.

+Quote Post
crizh
post Mar 24 2009, 07:29 PM
Post #6

Runner

Member No.: 15,722

No it explains why the dev's thought that TM's needed an advantage over normal Hackers in the defences department.

I didn't say it was right or wrong, merely pointed out that it was there.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 10:18 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.