Reply to this topicStart new topic
> (SR3) Critters and you, Need help on running critters
Sesix
post Mar 31 2009, 10:24 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,498

Ok so, when doing normal humanoid NPCs its quite easy on the fact they need skills to do thier magic (fig, not lit). So, when using critters do you give them skills as well? If so what should it usally be avg out at? I see stats for thier attacks, but do they litteraly get skills like Humanoid NPCs as well? Any help with this is appreciated.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sesix
post Apr 1 2009, 04:36 AM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 6,498

Seriously, nothing out of you guys?

+Quote Post
Machiavelli
post Apr 1 2009, 11:13 AM
Post #3

Shooting Target

Member No.: 1,749

I think even the last guy here on the forum is meanwhile playing SR4 and erased all the old knowledge from his mind. ^^ Another reason for not answering could be, that this topic (maybe) could have been discussed several times and the people are tired of writing "use the search-function". But anyway: as much as i remember, in SR3 the critters used the reaction-attribute for all skills that were appropriate and logical. But i am also sure that this was already mentioned at the beginning of the critters-section in the core-book....

I hope this could help.

+Quote Post
BIG BAD BEESTE
post Apr 1 2009, 01:35 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 1,274

SR 1st through 3rd Editions used Reaction as a Critter's attack skill - IE: Unarmed Combat. If they had magical abilities, it was generally down to Essence being used as a skill rating in one way or another for whatever particular Power was being used. The only time Critters used the PC Skills was for the humanoid classed Critters - IE: vampires, ghouls, dzoo-noo-qua, etc.

Often the GM had to reconfigure whatever skills might be required for the encounter. General "animal" Critters didn't have access to skills but if you wanted you wanted a sneaky Critter there's nothing to stop you adding a Stealth skill rating to it. "Animal" Critters did have a split Intelligence Attribute, however, to diferentiate between natural intelligence and their perceptive abilities when using their senses to detect things (all Perception Tests in 1-3e used Intelligence Attribute - there was no separate skill). All Critters also had the usual "Dice Pools" (Astral, Combat, Spell) and these were determined in wexactly the same way as the PCs' - IE: Based on their Attributes.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 12:42 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.