IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Real Life Proof of Physads: Video of Killing Hands D, And also Shattering Blow...and Mystic Armor...
Wounded Ronin
post Apr 1 2009, 12:14 AM
Post #1

Great Dragon

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,383

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nN2Jf0VgoQ0

I have finally found video proof that physads really do exist. Here, you can see the terrifying and ferocious hand-to-hand combat crucible that is the combination of Killing Hands, Shattering Blow, and Mystic Armor. It is a veritable system of close-range destruction fueled by the unique energetic properties of the practitioner's physicality.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tyro
post Apr 1 2009, 01:49 AM
Post #2

Shooting Target

Member No.: 16,558

I've seen scarier in person, just watching the black belts practice

(yes, I watched both parts)

+Quote Post
pbangarth
post Apr 1 2009, 07:30 AM
Post #3

Old Man of the North

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 5,463

I tried watching both parts all the way through, but part way through #2 I couldn't take it any more. The chi radiating from the screen was too much for me.

+Quote Post
ElFenrir
post Apr 1 2009, 03:08 PM
Post #4

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 7,337

Whenever I tried to describe Killing Hands to someone, I always showed them the end of Roadhouse.

Cheesy, but effective in getting across what it does. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/grinbig.gif)

+Quote Post
Draco18s
post Apr 1 2009, 03:26 PM
Post #5

Immortal Elf

Member No.: 16,392

Ok, so I'm watching a guy beat up a dummy. He doesn't even break it. What is this supposed to be showing me?

+Quote Post
Tyro
post Apr 1 2009, 05:02 PM
Post #6

Shooting Target

Member No.: 16,558

Check the power of the strike vs. the distance traveled by the hands. Greater force/unit-time than something like a hook punch, which means less time for your opponent's body to compensate. Same idea as the 1-inch and 3-inch punch techniques. Good for breaking bones or knocking people out.

I've still seen more impressive stuff in practice.

+Quote Post
Ayeohx
post Apr 1 2009, 05:14 PM
Post #7

Moving Target

Member No.: 9,402

April Fools joke maybe?

+Quote Post
Degausser
post Apr 1 2009, 05:18 PM
Post #8

Moving Target

Member No.: 11,698

My old Kyokushin Karate instructor was kinda freaky. I am not saying he was magical or anything, but the guy was a 50 year old, overweight chainsmoker, who liked to drink . . . a lot. Looked like the guy in the video. But I saw him have an endurance like no one's buisness. He had better endurance than the super-fit 21 year olds that he was teaching. I saw one of his black belt graduation tests one time . . . and DAMN. After about four hours of hard calasthenics and everyone going full-force (indcluding him, he didn't ask anyone to do anything he couldn't) he was still going strong, and all his young, ultra-fit students were dropping like flies. He even wanted to go drinking afterwards, but all of the guys being tested were too sore.

As for killing hands, it is the idea that your fists are lethal. They act like maces when hitting the body (or, more accurately, they act as if your bones are laced with metal, a la bone lacing.) Arsenal has rules for guys who want to deal lethal damage with their fists, called vicious blow. By getting this ability, and dropping your Dice Pool by 2 (because it is harder to do) anyone can do lethal damage with their fists. This explains why modern, non-magical martial artists can break wood/concrete/etc. with their bare hands. This kinda makes sense. While in Karate, I learned how to really hurt someone, such as breaking bones, dislocating joints, or doing other things (like elbows to the face.) I don't know if I could pull any of it off in a fight, though, because it would be pretty tough to do while an opponant was trying to use my face as a fist softener.

+Quote Post
TKDNinjaInBlack
post Apr 1 2009, 06:20 PM
Post #9

Moving Target

Member No.: 16,329

Wonderful April Fools Joke. You had me right up until I watched the video.

+Quote Post
ludomastro
post Apr 1 2009, 06:26 PM
Post #10

Runner

Member No.: 8,297

QUOTE (Degausser @ Apr 1 2009, 11:18 AM) *
... it would be pretty tough to do while an opponant was trying to use my face as a fist softener.

ROFLMAO

Work today has been rough - I needed that!

+Quote Post
Degausser
post Apr 2 2009, 12:44 AM
Post #11

Moving Target

Member No.: 11,698

QUOTE (Alex @ Apr 1 2009, 02:26 PM) *
ROFLMAO

Work today has been rough - I needed that!

No problem man, I am here to entertain.

And get advice for Gming.

And to moan about certain rules that make no sense.

+Quote Post
paws2sky
post Apr 2 2009, 03:29 PM
Post #12

Running Target

Member No.: 14,229

QUOTE (Wounded Ronin @ Mar 31 2009, 07:14 PM) *
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nN2Jf0VgoQ0

I have finally found video proof that physads really do exist. Here, you can see the terrifying and ferocious hand-to-hand combat crucible that is the combination of Killing Hands, Shattering Blow, and Mystic Armor. It is a veritable system of close-range destruction fueled by the unique energetic properties of the practitioner's physicality.

Why do you torture us?

-paws

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 02:25 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.