Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Updated Character Generator?
Socinus
post Apr 2 2009, 05:03 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,881

Is there a character generator that's been updated to include other rulebooks such as Unwired, Arsenal, and Augmentation?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Orangexplosion
post Apr 2 2009, 05:06 PM
Post #2

Target

Member No.: 16,980

http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?showtopic=23735 Been around for a while.

+Quote Post
Socinus
post Apr 2 2009, 05:34 PM
Post #3

Moving Target

QUOTE (Orangexplosion @ Apr 2 2009, 06:06 PM) *

Does that editor have an items section? I downloaded it and I didnt see one (Im using OpenOffice)

+Quote Post
Orangexplosion
post Apr 2 2009, 05:47 PM
Post #4

Target

Member No.: 16,980

QUOTE (Socinus @ Apr 2 2009, 01:34 PM) *
Does that editor have an items section? I downloaded it and I didnt see one (Im using OpenOffice)

I think you might need full MS Excel in order to use it properly. There are a lot of macros and such.

+Quote Post
Socinus
post Apr 2 2009, 06:04 PM
Post #5

Moving Target

QUOTE (Orangexplosion @ Apr 2 2009, 06:47 PM) *
I think you might need full MS Excel in order to use it properly. There are a lot of macros and such.

It'll work...sorta with OpenOffice if you enable Macros but it crashes like a lead balloon when you touch anything

+Quote Post
crash2029
post Apr 3 2009, 12:46 AM
Post #6

Moving Target

From: The seemingly unknown area of land between Seattle and Idaho.
Member No.: 9,910

I use it with openoffice spreadsheet with no difficulty.

+Quote Post
Socinus
post Apr 3 2009, 03:16 AM
Post #7

Moving Target

QUOTE (crash2029 @ Apr 3 2009, 01:46 AM) *
I use it with openoffice spreadsheet with no difficulty.

I dont know what to say, it crashes consistently for me. I've tried enabling and disabling macros and it doesnt make much difference, it still crashes when I use almost any tab after the Cyberparts lab, selecting anything from a dropdown crashes the program. I updated OpenOffice and its still crashing like mad. It sucks because I LOVE the generator but I cant use it.

+Quote Post
Cain
post Apr 3 2009, 05:14 AM
Post #8

Grand Master of Run-Fu

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 178

QUOTE (Socinus @ Apr 2 2009, 08:16 PM) *
I dont know what to say, it crashes consistently for me. I've tried enabling and disabling macros and it doesnt make much difference, it still crashes when I use almost any tab after the Cyberparts lab, selecting anything from a dropdown crashes the program. I updated OpenOffice and its still crashing like mad. It sucks because I LOVE the generator but I cant use it.

I have a similar problem. It says it needs to associate itself with certain files, but then I get nothing in the dropdown menus.

+Quote Post
kanislatrans
post Apr 3 2009, 05:43 AM
Post #9

Moving Target

From: The corner of Detonation Boulevard and Fascination Street
Member No.: 14,464

I can get it to work until it autosaves then it starts breaking down. am using Open Office 3.0.1 managed to get my ork sammi togeather with three attempts. 1st try get attributes and active skills, 2nd try get cyber and knowledge skills third try get gear. copy all info to paper,double check all BP on a calculator and walla! a very nice sammi. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/grinbig.gif)

It is a good generator, though. I'm hoping its just a setting in open office thats causing the problem, and my son can figure it out. hes the computer fixer around our house.. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/grinbig.gif)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:13 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.