IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Montreal and the Republic of Quebec, What is cannon ?
Professeur
post Apr 7 2009, 04:57 PM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,458

Hi Dumpshockers,
I'm working with a few friends on a 2071 setting for Montreal and the Republic of Quebec. The problem is that there doesn't seem to be much info on these locations in Shadowrun materials, because, well let's face it, nobody cares about Quebec.

In my research, I stumbled upon this :
http://wiki.dumpshock.com/index.php/Quebec

Is this info cannon ? I know the sources are listed at the bottom, but I don't know which info comes from which book. And I really want to know how much of that drek I can safely ignore without strafing too much from the commonly accepted metaplot and timeline.

Anybody here can advise ?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Wesley Street
post Apr 7 2009, 05:01 PM
Post #2

Shooting Target

Member No.: 15,686

It's all canon as far as I can see and it all seems to come from Shadows of North America. Neo-Anarchist's Guide to North America is also a good resource. Keep in mind that most of that info is 5+ years out of date (15 in the case of NAGNA). CATco has been demolished and probably doesn't have the same influence over Quebec that it once did.

+Quote Post
Jaid
post Apr 7 2009, 07:18 PM
Post #3

Great Dragon

Member No.: 7,813

CatCo didn't necessarily 100% disappear. it lost AAA, and large portions of it were gobbled up by Ares, but i wouldn't be surprised if it was still a strong corporation in quebec, and even in some other places. it just isn't a giant anymore.

+Quote Post
Backgammon
post Apr 7 2009, 07:50 PM
Post #4

Ain Soph Aur

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 600

Run a search, there were several good topic on Quebec very recently here.

+Quote Post
Dhaise
post Apr 7 2009, 09:59 PM
Post #5

Target

Member No.: 2,021

Quebec sucks, all the information you will ever need. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beret.gif)

+Quote Post
Professeur
post Apr 8 2009, 12:07 AM
Post #6

Target

Member No.: 15,458

QUOTE (Dhaise @ Apr 7 2009, 05:59 PM) *
Quebec sucks, all the information you will ever need. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beret.gif)

Thank you for your most helpful advice, son.

+Quote Post
Matsci
post Apr 8 2009, 04:56 AM
Post #7

Moving Target

Member No.: 15,626

QUOTE (Jaid @ Apr 7 2009, 11:18 AM) *
CatCo didn't necessarily 100% disappear. it lost AAA, and large portions of it were gobbled up by Ares, but i wouldn't be surprised if it was still a strong corporation in quebec, and even in some other places. it just isn't a giant anymore.

According to System Failure- CatCo was wounded cow thrown into a river full of piranhas. It was torn apart by all the other double and triple-A mega corps. I'm Assuming the Horizon got a large chunk of them, considering they stole CatCo's Corporate Court seat.

Edit: Also, the PERSONAL ELECTRONICS BRANDS table in the SR4A book lists CatCo as a Subsidiary of Ares.

+Quote Post
Jaid
post Apr 9 2009, 01:58 AM
Post #8

Great Dragon

Member No.: 7,813

functionally, the difference between 99% of Cross Applied Technologies being absorbed into other megas with the remaining 1% (or 5% or whatever) being in quebec and 100% of CATco being gone is negligible in most campaigns.

+Quote Post
Snow_Fox
post Apr 11 2009, 04:16 PM
Post #9

Prime Runner

Member No.: 1,221

The bets source for Quebec is unfortunately the out of print Neo-anarchists Guide to North America since it deals with attitude andm ind set. The 'tude probably hasn't changed much from 2055 and 2070. I mean seriously, their tude hasn't changed much since 1757!

An interesting idea for runs might be Cross still having a precense in Quebec city- is is a hold over from the otherwise defunct AAA corp? something new playing onthe fame of the name? Just a fluke ( RL I've got Cross pens and cross boots-no relation) or could it be a shell really controled by Ares Macro trying to wiggle a hold into the state?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 02:22 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.