IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Spirit powers and OR., Do the need to beat it?
Dumori
post Apr 25 2009, 10:52 AM
Post #1

Dumorimasoddaa

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,830

I can seam to find a reference or remember if spirit powers need to beat OR. Also please tell me if there is any differences in this ruling between SR4 and SR4A.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
tricwebs
post Apr 25 2009, 11:15 AM
Post #2

Target

Member No.: 16,682

QUOTE (Dumori @ Apr 25 2009, 05:52 AM) *
I can seam to find a reference or remember if spirit powers need to beat OR. Also please tell me if there is any differences in this ruling between SR4 and SR4A.

Well, the FAQ states "To determine if a critter power that doesn't normally call for a Success Test or Opposed Test affects a nonliving object, have the critter make a Magic x 2 (Object Resistance) Success Test. If the critter does not score enough hits to beat the Object Resistance threshold, then the object is unaffected." So, I would have to say that spirit powers would be the same.

+Quote Post
Dumori
post Apr 25 2009, 11:20 AM
Post #3

Dumorimasoddaa

Member No.: 15,830

Ugh wow that's one power buster for any lower force spirits. need to be force 8 to regularly affect drones! And make some powers not as useful. That and the movement power "fix" means that getting any man made object affected by the movement power would make it rather fast. Oh well its not too bad. It also make natural weapons shit.

+Quote Post
Shinobi Killfist
post Apr 25 2009, 08:45 PM
Post #4

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 5,872

I wonder if concealment has to beat OR. It doesn't seem to have a test, it just removes perception dice. Sorry what I mean to say is I am not sure if its effecting the targe tor effecting the thing, people it is concelaing.

+Quote Post
pbangarth
post Apr 25 2009, 11:07 PM
Post #5

Old Man of the North

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 5,463

The Magic vs. OR test seems to be separate from the application of the power. So even if the power does not use a Success Test, it may require this separate Magic Test. So in the case of a sensor, for example, the Magic Test would be applied first, and if it were successful, then the removal of perception dice would happen.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 01:33 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.