IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> American Stonehenge, Paging Fox Mulder...
ravensmuse
post May 4 2009, 10:57 AM
Post #1

Running Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,507

Saw this this weekend and thought of you guys and more importantly, Shadowrun.

The American Stonehenge

This is my favorite theory...

He argues that Christian and his associates were Rosicrucians, followers of the Order of the Rosy Cross, a secret society of mystics that originated in late medieval Germany and claim understanding of esoteric truths about nature, the universe, and the spiritual realm that have been concealed from ordinary people. Weidner considers the name R. C. Christian an homage to the legendary 14th-century founder of the Rosicrucians, a man first identified as Frater C.R.C. and later as Christian Rosenkreuz. Secrecy, Weidner notes, has been a hallmark of the Rosicrucians, a group that announced itself to the world in the early 17th century with a pair of anonymous manifestos that created a huge stir across Europe, despite the fact that no one was ever able to identify a single member. While the guides on the Georgia stones fly in the face of orthodox Christian eschatology, they conform quite well to the tenets of Rosicrucianism, which stress reason and endorse a harmonic relationship with nature.

Weidner also has a theory about the purpose of the Guidestones. An authority on the hermetic and alchemical traditions that spawned the Rosicrucians, he believes that for generations the group has been passing down knowledge of a solar cycle that climaxes every 13,000 years. During this culmination, outsize coronal mass ejections are supposed to devastate Earth. Meanwhile, the shadowy organization behind the Guidestones is now orchestrating a "planetary chaos," Weidner believes, that began with the recent collapse of the US financial system and will result eventually in major disruptions of oil and food supplies, mass riots, and ethnic wars worldwide, all leading up to the Big Event on December 21, 2012. "They want to get the population down," Weidner says, "and this is what they think will do it. The Guidestones are there to instruct the survivors."

Bring me your favorite conspiracy theories!

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ancient History
post May 4 2009, 12:17 PM
Post #2

Great Dragon

Member No.: 2,935

I wrote about Carhenge.

+Quote Post
TBRMInsanity
post May 4 2009, 12:25 PM
Post #3

Running Target

Member No.: 8,494

How does someone build a monument and it doesn't get noticed? That sort of work would require heavy equipment to create, and that means there is a paper trail somewhere. Man some Americans are really weird.

+Quote Post
Stahlseele
post May 4 2009, 01:33 PM
Post #4

The ShadowComedian

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 13,525

If you pay enough, paperwork tends to get lost.

+Quote Post
KarmaInferno
post May 4 2009, 02:38 PM
Post #5

Old Man Jones

Member No.: 1,699

QUOTE (TBRMInsanity @ May 4 2009, 12:25 PM) *
How does someone build a monument and it doesn't get noticed? That sort of work would require heavy equipment to create, and that means there is a paper trail somewhere. Man some Americans are really weird.

It wasn't built un-noticed, but the organization behind the monument, that commissioned it and funded it, was kept anonymous. The local banker knows what names are on the checks but refuses to name the client as he swore never to do so.

Eventually, the two negotiated an agreement: Christian would reveal his real name on the condition that Martin promise to serve as his sole intermediary, sign a confidentiality agreement pledging never to disclose the information to another living soul, and agree to destroy all documents and records related to the project when it was finished. "He said he was going to send the money from different banks across the country," Martin says, "because he wanted to make sure it couldn't be traced. He made it clear that he was very serious about secrecy."

+Quote Post
eidolon
post May 4 2009, 02:39 PM
Post #6

ghostrider

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 6,333

QUOTE (TBRMInsanity @ May 4 2009, 07:25 AM) *

It's not that it wasn't noticed, it's that nobody quite knows why the group had it done in the first place. What their aims/goals were, what the point really is, etc.

I'm thinking about riding down to see it this summer. Depends on the cash situation, though.

+Quote Post
nezumi
post May 4 2009, 03:10 PM
Post #7

Incertum est quo loco te mors expectet;

Member No.: 5,760

People in that age didn't have the technology to so perfectly carve and move such massive stones. It must have been aliens!

+Quote Post
Draco18s
post May 4 2009, 03:15 PM
Post #8

Immortal Elf

Member No.: 16,392

Interesting find.
Obviously Martin thinks that the (presented) theories are all false, but we are coming up fast on that "needed in the next 30 years" deadline.

+Quote Post
ICPiK
post May 4 2009, 04:00 PM
Post #9

Moving Target

Member No.: 16,909

That is awesome. I would definitely think about visiting the site. Thanks for the awesome post it never ceases to amaze me the post we all have here on DS.

+Quote Post
ravensmuse
post May 4 2009, 04:08 PM
Post #10

Running Target

Member No.: 14,507

It was the 2012 due date that caught my eye and made me think of you guys, honestly (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
crash2029
post May 11 2009, 08:57 PM
Post #11

Moving Target

From: The seemingly unknown area of land between Seattle and Idaho.
Member No.: 9,910

When I saw the topic I thought it was about the full size reproduction of the original at Salisbury Plain that was created here in eastern Washington. We have more than just a giant lava lamp. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
ludomastro
post May 12 2009, 04:56 AM
Post #12

Runner

Member No.: 8,297

Immortal elves!!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 12:49 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.