Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Do i have this right?
LordArcana
post May 17 2009, 01:53 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,155

I am just wondering if i have this scenario correct. Its completely hypothetical so Jay if you are reading this, don't get any ideas.

Our bounty hunter has tracked down the location of the runaway girl and found she is staying at her scumbag of a boyfriends apartment. The bountyhunter enters the building noticing its three floors and follows the stairs to the top floor where he finds only 1 door to the scumbags place. Unknown to the bounty hunter an IR sensor has been tripped allerting the scumbag to his presence. Suddenly the Bounty hunter hears scuttling in the apartment and after a moment or three can hear that someone has moved towards the door. He remembers that the sun was rising against the west wall of the building and this door faces the west. Looking at the bottom of the door he sees a shadow similar to a pair of legs moving towards the door. The bounty hunter waits until the shadows appear close enough to be peeking out the spy hole and then...

Fires his Ares Viper Slivergun at the door thinking that the flachette ammo will shred the door to pieces "hopefully" leaving the person on the other sides wounded but not to the point of near death.

Attack with the Slivergun is 13DP (Pistols 4, Agility 7, Smartlink 2)
- Firing blind -6 for a final adjustment mod to attack 7DP

The scumbag has not had a chance to see what is going on so can not react to the attack to defend

The shot goes off Slivergun attack 3 hits

This brings the damage of the slivergun to 11DV. The door has an armor 2, structure 3 so the damage value is 7DV (2 door armor +2 for flachette *assuming you can only go as high as double the doors armor)

Is that correct? Since the scumbag and the girl were just making out he is nearly naked answering the door and has no armor on. Resisting with only Body 3 +4 door modifiedarmor

Resist Damage Resist 1 hit means the scumbag just took 6 boxes of damage?

The scumbag is knocked down and bleeding horribly as little slivers of metal have shredded his door and most of his chest.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Prime Mover
post May 17 2009, 02:32 PM
Post #2

Shooting Target

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 9,313

Shooting through barriers BBB pg 157. If damage exceeds modified armor, target must resist it all. Any remaining armor after AP that is below your modified damage value adds to targets resist.

I could be wrong here but if the 11DV is higher then doors armor rating all 11 get through and target gets 4 (modified door with F ammo) armor to resist with?

+Quote Post
Stahlseele
post May 17 2009, 03:08 PM
Post #3

The ShadowComedian

Member No.: 13,525

Also, since Errata, Flechette have +5 AP and not +2 AP.
But yes, against unarmored fleshy Targets, Burst Fire Flechette is pretty much Red Mist.

+Quote Post
hobgoblin
post May 17 2009, 04:48 PM
Post #4

panda!

Member No.: 2,242

oops, was sleeping in class. SR4 no longer do direct damage modification...

the damage would get thru, and the target would roll body+armor to shake of the damage.

he should on average take 9 damage after resistance...

btw, im not sure if smartlink applies in this case...

+Quote Post
Stahlseele
post May 17 2009, 05:10 PM
Post #5

The ShadowComedian

don't see why not.
it helps you aim directly at the center of the door better to get a maximum spread.

+Quote Post
kzt
post May 17 2009, 07:45 PM
Post #6

Great Dragon

Member No.: 9,234

Door offers 2+5=7 defense, leaving a base damage of 1. So damage penetrates the door. He should have bought a better door....

So 11 DV.

They get 7+3=10 dice to defend. So will take on average 8 damage.

But the gun does NO damage to the door if you are shooting through it. (Don't think too hard about this...) You have to define that you are shooting AT the door to damage it. The slivergun has a base DV of 1 per hit and the door has 4 dice to defend. With 13 dice he'll need two or three shots to open it on average.

+Quote Post
Stahlseele
post May 17 2009, 07:57 PM
Post #7

The ShadowComedian

Is this how the Slivergun can take out the Mobmaster?

+Quote Post
PirateChef
post May 17 2009, 08:32 PM
Post #8

Moving Target

Member No.: 9,467

I would think (based on real world scenarios, which have no bearing here) that flechette would be much less useful when firing through any real barrier. I know for a fact that a shotgun firing a slug penetrates wood and metal much better than buckshot.

+Quote Post
LordArcana
post May 17 2009, 09:34 PM
Post #9

Moving Target

Member No.: 16,155

Ok re-reading the rules on pg 157 i see the math mistake for the DV BUT i was told its an unwritten house rule that ammo AP modifiers only work upto the armor of the target, so flachette would only give +2 against an armor 2 target.....+4 vs an armor 4 target blah blah blah

+Quote Post
crash2029
post May 17 2009, 10:06 PM
Post #10

Moving Target

From: The seemingly unknown area of land between Seattle and Idaho.
Member No.: 9,910

QUOTE (PirateChef @ May 17 2009, 04:32 PM) *
I would think (based on real world scenarios, which have no bearing here) that flechette would be much less useful when firing through any real barrier. I know for a fact that a shotgun firing a slug penetrates wood and metal much better than buckshot.

Which is why shotguns are popular for urban combat as shot loads have much less chance of over-penetrating and causing collateral damage.

+Quote Post
Writer
post May 17 2009, 11:04 PM
Post #11

Moving Target

Member No.: 17,061

QUOTE (kzt @ May 17 2009, 03:45 PM) *
But the gun does NO damage to the door if you are shooting through it. (Don't think too hard about this...) You have to define that you are shooting AT the door to damage it. The slivergun has a base DV of 1 per hit and the door has 4 dice to defend. With 13 dice he'll need two or three shots to open it on average.

The rules are for breaching or penetrating. The door IS damaged, but not structurally, within the scope of the rules. There are a few holes in it that should be noted should someone want to RP looking through the holes, but structurally, the door is just as solid against intruders as it was before. Getting through to check on the scumbag or get to the girl, the door would give just as much resistance to the bounty hunter as it would before the little holes. On the other hand, the breaching rules are for creating a meter hole, so as a GM, I would say it would say it would take less damage to create a hole large enough to get an arm through and manually open the door from the inside.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 12:20 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.