IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Running a new campaign. Looking for info.
Denicalis
post May 20 2009, 05:10 AM
Post #1

Hot Hazing Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,410

Mostly I'm looking to pick up miniatures and some decent table maps/locations/tiles whatever to use with the game. What are my options?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SincereAgape
post May 20 2009, 12:19 PM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 16,610

Our group mostly uses Star Wars or D&D type Miniatures to represent out characters. They are fairly inexpensive, already come painted and assembled. Warhammer 40 K miniatures work as well.

Battlecorps and the other site CGL uses to sell their PDF products have a few SR miniatures, mostly from 2nd and 3rd edition. If you're looking for authentic Shadowrun sets, those sites along with ebay are good places to start.

+Quote Post
Denicalis
post May 20 2009, 05:51 PM
Post #3

Hot Hazing Target

And any good ideas for where to pick up tiles or mats?

+Quote Post
Malachi
post May 20 2009, 07:13 PM
Post #4

Running Target

Member No.: 12,350

When I do use a map for my SR game, I just picked up one from my FLGS. It's made of vinyl and has 1 inch squares all over it. I use colored, dry erase markers on it. We use Warhammer 40k minis, but that's just because the guys I play with have them.

Holy drek, we live in the same city! Ok, I got my vinyl mapboard from Mind Games on Broad street but that closed up awhile ago and is now Phoenix Books... you can try there but I think that place is just comics now. Tramps downtown in the Scarth Street Mall has the widest selection of RPG stuff, including minis and possibly mats. However, I prefer to shop at Comic Reader's (just around the corner on Rose I think...) so take a peek in there as well.

+Quote Post
Denicalis
post May 21 2009, 02:24 AM
Post #5

Hot Hazing Target

QUOTE (Malachi @ May 20 2009, 03:13 PM) *
When I do use a map for my SR game, I just picked up one from my FLGS. It's made of vinyl and has 1 inch squares all over it. I use colored, dry erase markers on it. We use Warhammer 40k minis, but that's just because the guys I play with have them.

Holy drek, we live in the same city! Ok, I got my vinyl mapboard from Mind Games on Broad street but that closed up awhile ago and is now Phoenix Books... you can try there but I think that place is just comics now. Tramps downtown in the Scarth Street Mall has the widest selection of RPG stuff, including minis and possibly mats. However, I prefer to shop at Comic Reader's (just around the corner on Rose I think...) so take a peek in there as well.

Man, that's nuts. I miss the hell out of Mind Games, for the record. That was my old haunt back in the day. I don't much care for Tramps, and I'm in Readers pretty often. Dana is my boy since back in high school. Phoenix is just books these days, by the by. Good for classic 80's stuff if you want, nice Silver Age too.

Anyway, I'm thinking I'll use a mix of the mapboard and some World Works stuff to spice it up. Maybe pick up a few of those minis from the CGL sites. Whiz.

Always nice to meet someone close to home, mate.

+Quote Post
Professeur
post May 21 2009, 02:39 AM
Post #6

Target

Member No.: 15,458

When you're in Montreal, you can pick up your stuff at the Valet d'Coeur, on Saint-Denis St, near Mont Royal Ave. They don't have a lot of SR material, but they have plenty of mini's and battle mats.

+Quote Post
Malachi
post May 21 2009, 02:43 AM
Post #7

Running Target

Member No.: 12,350

QUOTE (Denicalis @ May 20 2009, 08:24 PM) *
Man, that's nuts. I miss the hell out of Mind Games, for the record. That was my old haunt back in the day. I don't much care for Tramps, and I'm in Readers pretty often. Dana is my boy since back in high school. Phoenix is just books these days, by the by. Good for classic 80's stuff if you want, nice Silver Age too.

Anyway, I'm thinking I'll use a mix of the mapboard and some World Works stuff to spice it up. Maybe pick up a few of those minis from the CGL sites. Whiz.

Always nice to meet someone close to home, mate.

I used to run a weekly SR game out of the top floor of Mind Games back in the day... must be about 10 years ago now. The owner gave me 10% off everything I bought while I ran the game there. Nice guy. Too bad he didn't have more business savvy or the place would still be open.

+Quote Post
Denicalis
post May 21 2009, 02:45 AM
Post #8

Hot Hazing Target

QUOTE (Malachi @ May 20 2009, 10:43 PM) *
I used to run a weekly SR game out of the top floor of Mind Games back in the day... must be about 10 years ago now. The owner gave me 10% off everything I bought while I ran the game there. Nice guy. Too bad he didn't have more business savvy or the place would still be open.

I'd have been fairly young back then. 16 or so. And yeah, it certainly is a pity they wound up folding. It was a great resource while it lasted. I used to play with my neighbour back in the day, and I'm finally rolling back into it with a few friends of mine. They've roped me into D&D 4th, and have become intrigued by my stories of gritty film noir game play, so I've been told I have to DM a game or two.

+Quote Post
aftershock
post May 21 2009, 10:34 PM
Post #9

Target

Member No.: 17,165

I think ebay is your best bet if you want origanal SR figs you might also try finding a copy of D.M.Z which came out in the early to mid 90's it was a Sr mass combat system and had some cool color maps in it they also did an extra called sprawl maps ( I think ) which was just various locations in 25 mm scale both out of print for a while so good luck

+Quote Post
Denicalis
post May 21 2009, 10:58 PM
Post #10

Hot Hazing Target

QUOTE (aftershock @ May 21 2009, 06:34 PM) *
I think ebay is your best bet if you want origanal SR figs you might also try finding a copy of D.M.Z which came out in the early to mid 90's it was a Sr mass combat system and had some cool color maps in it they also did an extra called sprawl maps ( I think ) which was just various locations in 25 mm scale both out of print for a while so good luck

Thanks Aftershock. The figures are my prime concern, since I've figured out a good way to do maps. Going to use world works urban mayhem stuff combined with a gaming mat from chessex.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:41 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.