Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Nano Paste Disguise, Put it out of a hive and onto a full body prosthetic
Uli
post May 20 2009, 03:59 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,291

One of my players got himself a sturdy obvious prosthetic and wants to...

- cover it up with nano paste
- and produce the nano paste himself with a hive, so he can exude a portion from an external gland to disguise himself quickly.

I like the idea and would allow it for a stiff and Schwarzeneggeresque disguise. But many portions could a hive create and what would be the initial costs for such a nanosystem be?

As a gamemaster and gentlemen I intend of course to peel the disgusie off with shotgun blasts Terminator style from time to time. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cyber.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Zaranthan
post May 20 2009, 05:07 PM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 15,949

I wouldn't allow this. Obvious means OBVIOUS. If you could just cover it with skin and have it look convincing, it'd be prosthetic. Obvious cyberlimbs are the wrong size and shape. You can hide it with clothing, but not nanopaste.

As for the nanohive idea: not quite the right idea. Nanohives are for maintaining nanite systems in your bloodstream. Nanopaste is mainly paste, with just enough nanites to rearrange it according to their programming. You'd need a new piece of nanocyber that combines the functions of a nanohive and a chemical gland. Start with the standard pricing for glands (100x the cost of one dose), and maybe combine the essence and capacity costs.

+Quote Post
Draco18s
post May 20 2009, 05:17 PM
Post #3

Immortal Elf

Member No.: 16,392

QUOTE (Zaranthan @ May 20 2009, 12:07 PM) *
As for the nanohive idea: not quite the right idea. Nanohives are for maintaining nanite systems in your bloodstream.

Our GM came up with a nasty idea once, though. Cyberspurs + Cutter Nanites (applied poison) + Nanohive (cutters).

Would you allow that?

+Quote Post
rathmun
post May 20 2009, 10:42 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 17,158

QUOTE (Draco18s @ May 20 2009, 11:17 AM) *
Our GM came up with a nasty idea once, though. Cyberspurs + Cutter Nanites (applied poison) + Nanohive (cutters).

Would you allow that?

:boggle: Yikes! That's really nasty.

+Quote Post
Jhaiisiin
post May 20 2009, 10:52 PM
Post #5

Running Target

Member No.: 8,334

Hollow out the spurs to give them the injection vector to get the nanites into someone? Set the hive to release only if the spurs are extended and once there's a nice sudden stop impact of a punch? Or do through DNI? Or a touch trigger on the tops of the fingers for when you collide with your target?

Yeah, I can see that being horribly bad for the target. Awesome idea. I'd allow it.

Hell, modify that to have your spurs injecting whatever else you need. Laes, Gamma Scopaline, HMHVV tainted fluids, VITAS-3, Seven-7, Neurostun... the possibilities are endless.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 01:54 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.