Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Vulnerability, where are the vulnerablity rules
limejello10512
post May 20 2009, 05:37 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,007

I have a player who wants to play a shape shifter....He is vulnerable to silver.........what does that mean? (apearently it's not the same as an allergy) ....would it have killed them to put in an appendix? (is it even in the runners companion?)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Muspellsheimr
post May 20 2009, 05:49 PM
Post #2

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 15,706

It was 'lost' before the book went to printers. As there has yet to be errata, it remains 'lost'.

Damage caused by anything a creature has a Vulnerability to cannot be healed with the Regeneration power.

+Quote Post
limejello10512
post May 20 2009, 05:55 PM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 10,007

ah I see...... SON OF A BITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this is the ayelyd ruins all over again!!!!! I drive my self nuts forhours looking for this before I realize there's a bug!!! bad catalyst! bad!!!!!

+Quote Post
crizh
post May 20 2009, 06:11 PM
Post #4

Runner

Member No.: 15,722

I imagine that it won't be long before it is found.

It should be pointed out that there is a work-around that is semi 'official' which is to treat Vulnerability as a Severe Allergy although it isn't an Allergy and cannot be suppressed with the Alleviate Allergy spell.

+Quote Post
Stahlseele
post May 20 2009, 06:20 PM
Post #5

The ShadowComedian

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 13,525

If you have access to them, read it up in the SR3 books and draw your own conclusions.
vulnerability used like severe allergy is pretty close.

+Quote Post
BishopMcQ
post May 20 2009, 08:16 PM
Post #6

The back-up plan

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 3,910

It's included in Running Wild. (Trust me, I triple checked my draft and every developer looked for it too.)

For the time being, treat it as blocking Regeneration (Don't regen the wounds from a weapon made with it, and don't regen if still in direct contact) and a Severe Allergy for DVs/Dice pool modifiers when exposed.

Unlike Alleviate Allergy, there are no known spells for alleviating a Vulnerability.

AH's post about it can be found HERE.

+Quote Post
Machiavelli
post May 28 2009, 11:48 AM
Post #7

Shooting Target

Member No.: 1,749

Aaaaah...developers....like em...(ignore all my previous posts)...what do I have to do to become one on my own?^^

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:39 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.