IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Quick Lore Inquiry, Elven supremacists...?
FlashbackJon
post May 24 2009, 10:45 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,962

Exactly what the topic says: are there any canon elven supremacist groups/factions? One of the guys in my group is working on his background but is new to SR. I had previously suggested the governments of the Tirs, but it's clear that he looking in the "human-hating" category, rather than simply regarding non-elves condescendingly.

Thanks in advance!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Chibu
post May 24 2009, 10:49 PM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,102

The Ancients is an all Elven Gang. I'm pretty sure they hate all other races.

+Quote Post
Warlordtheft
post May 25 2009, 02:19 AM
Post #3

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 11,360

Hey there are dwarf racists too-but the Tirs do have a high percentage of Even supremecists.

+Quote Post
wylie
post May 25 2009, 03:15 AM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 16,567

there are several other gangs besides the Anicents, like the Spikes

if the player is looking for 'human hating' groups, orks and trolls are the main ones

if not interested in gangs or the Ork Underground, Cascade Orks Tribe could work
can't locate right now the latest Seattle sourcebook, but it listed many of the gangs in Seattle and what races mostly made them up

both Tirs have the elven superior outlook

+Quote Post
Chibu
post May 25 2009, 01:29 PM
Post #5

Moving Target

Yes, lots of groups hate humans, OP asked about Elven Supremacists though. Most likely looking for something along the lines of Humanis for Elves.

But, since there really isn't anything like that that I can recall, your player should feel free to make up a group. They might not me mentioned in the books, but it makes sense that there would be groups of Elven Supremacists. Though, the reason they're not mentiond might be becuase it's implied that Elves all hate everyone else anyway (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nyahnyah.gif)

+Quote Post
the_dunner
post May 25 2009, 03:55 PM
Post #6

Shooting Target

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 6,522

Anybody else think Elven Supremacist is redundant?

+Quote Post
Critias
post May 25 2009, 04:45 PM
Post #7

Freelance Elf

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 6,714

The Brat'mael, or "Black Sun," splinter group of Rinelle ke'Tesrae is pretty strongly in the Elven supremacist camp.

+Quote Post
limejello10512
post May 25 2009, 08:51 PM
Post #8

Moving Target

Member No.: 10,007

I think the biggest elf supremicist group is probably...... tir na n'og.

yep....I learned the derogatory word for catholic (fish eater...a refernce to the making fish miracle) just so I could play up elven hatred.

+Quote Post
SincereAgape
post May 25 2009, 10:02 PM
Post #9

Moving Target

Member No.: 16,610

Elven Supremacists used to be their own character class in SR I and early SR II (Not literally) based of popular Shadowrun fiction. Since the fall of the Tir in the state that used to be known as Oregon, it hasn't been as common of a theme. But what everyone else suggested.

1. Ancients of any other pro elven gang.
2. The Brat'mael, or "Black Sun."

If anything it would be great to see another kind of supremacist type character be made once in awhile. Perhaps a member of the Polio or one of the exotic races IE Cyclops or Minitaour.

+Quote Post
FlashbackJon
post May 25 2009, 10:06 PM
Post #10

Moving Target

Member No.: 13,962

I recommended the Ancients to him, since it seems to fit best with his flavor (and I had totally drawn a blank on them). I'll look into Brat'mael though.

He's actually just crafting his background - he's an elven poser, which is something I've been dying to see played. So, I'm sure you can see where this is going. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Thanks for the suggestions!

+Quote Post
Chibu
post May 26 2009, 12:10 AM
Post #11

Moving Target

QUOTE (FlashbackJon @ May 25 2009, 05:06 PM) *
I recommended the Ancients to him, since it seems to fit best with his flavor (and I had totally drawn a blank on them). I'll look into Brat'mael though.

He's actually just crafting his background - he's an elven poser, which is something I've been dying to see played. So, I'm sure you can see where this is going. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Thanks for the suggestions!

ROFL that's awesome. I'm gonna find something for you then....

Oh right. Act 2 of the original Harlequin story arc. The run was called 'Hates', part of a big ritual for Harlequin to get Metaphorical revenge on Ehran the Scribe for some past slight or another. Anyway, the characters get hired to kill the main members of the Association Para-Nobilis (APN), an elf poser group, and cut off their (fake) left ear tips. It's a hilarious run that almost definitely ends up in a big firefight. Feel free to use such a thing against your player, that is to say, feel free to try to get him do do a run like that. It'd be awesome! XD

Anyway, I just wanted to throw that out there as another type of group your player could be in.

+Quote Post
Wailer
post May 26 2009, 01:17 AM
Post #12

Target

Member No.: 5,523

Oh right. Act 2 of the original Harlequin story arc. The run was called 'Hates', part of a big ritual for Harlequin to get Metaphorical revenge on Ehran the Scribe for some past slight or another. Anyway, the characters get hired to kill the main members of the Association Para-Nobilis (APN), an elf poser group, and cut off their (fake) left ear tips. It's a hilarious run that almost definitely ends up in a big firefight. Feel free to use such a thing against your player, that is to say, feel free to try to get him do do a run like that. It'd be awesome! XD

It's been years and years but ... If that's the group that's holed up in that old fire station or whatever? Than 'Big Firefight' is an understatement (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dead.gif)

+Quote Post
Chibu
post May 26 2009, 01:43 AM
Post #13

Moving Target

QUOTE (Wailer @ May 25 2009, 08:17 PM) *
It's been years and years but ... If that's the group that's holed up in that old fire station or whatever? Than 'Big Firefight' is an understatement (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dead.gif)

lol, yeah that's the one. When we ran it, we snuck in pretty well while most of them were asleep. So, it was only a big firefight. But yeah, we're talking about the kind in movies where you got that one guy that jumps over the sofa. And then you gotta shoot at him for ten fucking minutes, too. =D

+Quote Post
Wailer
post May 26 2009, 02:48 AM
Post #14

Target

Member No.: 5,523

lol, yeah that's the one. When we ran it, we snuck in pretty well while most of them were asleep. So, it was only a big firefight. But yeah, we're talking about the kind in movies where you got that one guy that jumps over the sofa. And then you gotta shoot at him for ten fucking minutes, too. =D

Oh definately. I remember that with my group, it -started- with a lot of them asleep ... but then it just built and built until it was like that one elevator fight-scene from Old-Boy. Mwahahah.

+Quote Post
Snow_Fox
post May 29 2009, 12:31 AM
Post #15

Prime Runner

Member No.: 1,221

QUOTE (the_dunner @ May 25 2009, 11:55 AM) *
Anybody else think Elven Supremacist is redundant?

That's where I was going with this line of thought.

I'd guess the majority of elf supremists would be in TT. Probably being the cheif reason that fey fantasyland went into the crapper faster than the lunch of a laxative loaded ork.

+Quote Post
Kingboy
post May 29 2009, 01:52 PM
Post #16

Moving Target

Member No.: 15,907

QUOTE (Wailer @ May 25 2009, 09:17 PM) *

Especially when the group brings along a specialized cybered up sniper with a 14D rifle. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Sadly one of the few times in that campaign my character got to do what he was built for...

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 12:59 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.