> Playing an anetire game in a UV node, Target: Matrix
Chrysalis
post Jun 4 2009, 09:36 AM
Post #1

Neophyte Runner

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,048

Greets,

I was wondering what would it be like playing an entire game in a UV node? How do skills equate, are they the same? What about hacking skills?

I keep getting headaches when I read Unwired.

-Chrysalis
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Malachi
post Jun 4 2009, 03:56 PM
Post #2

Running Target

Member No.: 12,350

The Brainscan mini-campaign had an adventure that took place almost entirely in a UV node. If you had the real-world skill to perform an action you wanted to do, then you could use it. If you didn't have the real-world skill you could sub in your Computer at half the value. In SR4 this would probably translate into a Computer + (some program) or Hacking + (some program) test with a big penalty (-4 or thereabouts).

It's neat but I wouldn't do it too much. Particularly since UV nodes are supposed to be rare.

+Quote Post
Ryu
post Jun 4 2009, 07:22 PM
Post #3

Awakened Asset

Member No.: 7,309

You can still perform normal matrix actions, unless your GM tells you that is not possible. UV nodes are left pretty open regarding usage. And yeah, that potentially makes TMs into superheroes for UV node runs. (Note that the treatment of sprites and complex forms is not defined if you do not allow normal matrix actions.)

+Quote Post
BlueMax
post Jun 4 2009, 07:32 PM
Post #4

Running Target

Member No.: 15,708

I recently asked about TMs in UV nodes and the response from AH was cryptic.
Previous Thread(not too old)

The flip side of the :Neo: *barf* effect for TMs is withdrawal. Its unclear if TMs can talk to a UV node in the same way they can talk to other nodes, and if they cannot, it could feel like being trapped in a spot without signal. Which I understand is bad stuff for TMs. (as per the missions Tunnel Vision)

I read the section after getting into my house last night and well, I am still uncertain if there is a hard ruling on how TMs will be treated in UV nodes.
Note: I would prefer it be open. UV nodes are kind of a man made metaplane, not magical or resonance.

BlueMax

+Quote Post
Dumori
post Jun 4 2009, 07:36 PM
Post #5

Dumorimasoddaa

Member No.: 15,830

In my eyes TMs in a UV node would be like mages in Meat. With out much drain. They would be able to use there CFs and skills like a Hacker(Decker) plus they would have sprites to help them of corse I would see these being made to conform to the nodes image.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th April 2024 - 04:46 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.