Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Question about Salt Lake City in 4e. And other questions considering the LDS
'Sconnie
post Jun 12 2009, 06:19 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,152

I'm sort of a newbie to SR4, I played SR3 in college a bit, and a buddy of mine sold me his SR4 books and a few of his SR3 books which I bought them out of nostalgia, and for the backstory.

Anybody got a clue what the situation is between the Salt Lake City Reserve and the Pueblo Corporate Council? Any indication of tension between the two ever since the PCC took over the Ute Nation after its collapse?

Speaking of the SLC Reserve, why did the Mormons back Daniel Howling Coyote during the Ghost Dance War? Did they feel that they could gain some sort of independence from the US if his war was succesful, or did it have something to do with Mormon doctrine?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kronk2
post Jun 12 2009, 06:26 PM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 9,245

My understanding is that they have a pretty sweet deal with the locals, whereby they can be as capitalist as they like and the "little brown brothers" make a bit of money on the side too.

+Quote Post
DWC
post Jun 12 2009, 06:27 PM
Post #3

Shooting Target

Member No.: 13,526

Part of it would be a chance to get away from the blatantly unconstitutional religious discrimination that the Mormons have suffered at the hands of the US Government. The other part might stem from the Book of Mormon stating that the Native Americans are actually descendants of the House of Joseph, making them one of the Lost Tribes of Israel.

+Quote Post
'Sconnie
post Jun 12 2009, 06:29 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

QUOTE (Kronk2 @ Jun 12 2009, 07:26 PM) *
My understanding is that they have a pretty sweet deal with the locals, whereby they can be as capitalist as they like and the "little brown brothers" make a bit of money on the side too.

Yeah, I seem to recall reading that the SLC reserve does a sweet business with corporate secure facilities due to the fact that most of the reserve is located in a big Mana ebb. Free magical security.

+Quote Post
'Sconnie
post Jun 12 2009, 06:31 PM
Post #5

Moving Target

QUOTE (DWC @ Jun 12 2009, 07:27 PM) *
Part of it would be a chance to get away from the blatantly unconstitutional religious discrimination that the Mormons have suffered at the hands of the US Government. The other part might stem from the Book of Mormon stating that the Native Americans are actually descendants of the House of Joseph, making them one of the Lost Tribes of Israel.

I take it then, that Mormons in the UCAS and the CAS are still not exactly well liked due to their support of Howling Coyote?

+Quote Post
paws2sky
post Jun 12 2009, 06:48 PM
Post #6

Running Target

Member No.: 14,229

QUOTE ('Sconnie @ Jun 12 2009, 02:31 PM) *
I take it then, that Mormons in the UCAS and the CAS are still not exactly well liked due to their support of Howling Coyote?

Probably a good bet the UCAS and CAS hardliners don't like them. Though, with the PCC taking over the Ute, and generally warm ties between PCC and CAS, that attitude my be softening slightly, at least in CAS territory.

-paws

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 10:51 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.