Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bound Spirit Service Question
Findar
post Jun 25 2009, 03:10 AM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,056

SR4 Street magic says "If the spirit is asked to use a single power, it will continue to do so for as long as it is able to or until the conjurer asks it to cease." Is there a time limit on this type of service for a bound spirit? I can not find such a reference in the books. So a character Invokes a great form guardian spirit and orders the spirit to "Endow me with your elemental attack power until I ask you to stop." How long does that service last? Until the character dies if she never asks the spirit to stop?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jaid
post Jun 25 2009, 04:24 AM
Post #2

Great Dragon

Member No.: 7,813

iirc, there is a suggestion (possibly not in the books, might have been made here on dumpshock by one of the devs or freelancers or some random person) that you should count it as 1 service every sunrise/sunset.

+Quote Post
Ancient History
post Jun 25 2009, 04:25 AM
Post #3

Great Dragon

Member No.: 2,935

Until the spirit is disrupted or banished, until the summoner is killed, or until the magician orders another service.

+Quote Post
Neraph
post Jun 25 2009, 04:27 AM
Post #4

Great Dragon

Member No.: 16,387

QUOTE (Findar @ Jun 24 2009, 10:10 PM) *
SR4 Street magic says "If the spirit is asked to use a single power, it will continue to do so for as long as it is able to or until the conjurer asks it to cease." Is there a time limit on this type of service for a bound spirit? I can not find such a reference in the books. So a character Invokes a great form guardian spirit and orders the spirit to "Endow me with your elemental attack power until I ask you to stop." How long does that service last? Until the character dies if she never asks the spirit to stop?

I think it's in the FAQ where it suggests that 1 sunrise/sunset counts as 1 service. So up to 12 hours (longer near the poles).

+Quote Post
kzt
post Jun 25 2009, 04:48 AM
Post #5

Great Dragon

Member No.: 9,234

QUOTE (Ancient History @ Jun 24 2009, 09:25 PM) *
Until the spirit is disrupted or banished, until the summoner is killed, or until the magician orders another service.

Isn't that what long-term binding is used for?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 08:25 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.