IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Chin You Ghost Cartels Yama King, Is armor value correct?
ScandRun
post Jul 10 2009, 10:26 AM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,736

Hi guys;

I am having a look at ghost cartels, as I am going to continue my groups run through of this campign tonight. The players are probably to get stuck in the Kowloon massacare and probably at least brifley face Chin-You.

My question is seeing that Chin-You is a force 9 shadow spirit shouldn't he have a AV of 18 ( forcex2 armor for spirits), in my version of ghostcartels he has an armor value of 14. What is the correct armor value for Chin You?

I am kind of new at this, so any help appreciated.

// VJ
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The Jake
post Jul 10 2009, 10:57 AM
Post #2

Shooting Target

Member No.: 872

Regrettably.. yes.

Ghost Cartels is replete with these sorts of mistakes. Its easiest to just fix them yourself where you see the obvious mistakes and move on.

There are a number of NPCs with even worse mistakes.

- J.

+Quote Post
InfinityzeN
post Jul 10 2009, 02:36 PM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 16,707

The big nasty Street Sam is even worse.

+Quote Post
toturi
post Jul 11 2009, 01:07 AM
Post #4

Canon Companion

Member No.: 4,187

You could do 2 things -

1) Accept that the Yama King is published as an exception to the rule

2) Maintain that the Yama King should follow the rule and have its armor value increased

Personally I would think that it would depend on the experience of your runners in making this decision.

+Quote Post
The Jake
post Jul 11 2009, 03:02 AM
Post #5

Shooting Target

QUOTE (InfinityzeN @ Jul 10 2009, 02:36 PM) *
The big nasty Street Sam is even worse.

He's one of them. Like I said, there's a few.

- J.

+Quote Post
ScandRun
post Jul 11 2009, 08:15 AM
Post #6

Target

Member No.: 16,736

Thanks guys for the input.

This is what happened. I choose to go with the higher armor value for Chin-You, a insane troll sammie charged Chin-You standing up for two IP, while the rest of the team made a running escape for the waiting helicopter.

I am kind of glad I used the 18/18 armor option due to the fact that the ork gunslinger sammie in the group shot an exex round form an areps alpha (7p) with full auto + (9p) and using edege managed to score 11 hits, for a total of 26 p, I managed to react the damage down to 23, without edge I would have taken 12 P, form this burst alone, hence the armor value of 18 was not totally unreasonable, even though the burst of the ork sammie was kind of lucky. I also might have missed using some perks of Chin-You maybe I should have full defended, but I felt that the mighty Yama King would not feel the need to defend himself against puny mortals (IMG:style_emoticons/default/grinbig.gif) .

The troll sammie player was happy sacrificing the his character for the team, making an epic portriait standing battling the yama king on a the roof of a kowloon walled city building while the rest of the team swooped out on the chopper..

+Quote Post
Mäx
post Jul 11 2009, 10:03 AM
Post #7

Prime Runner

Member No.: 15,628

QUOTE (ScandRun @ Jul 11 2009, 11:15 AM) *
I am kind of glad I used the 18/18 armor option due to the fact that the ork gunslinger sammie in the group shot an exex round form an areps alpha (7p) with full auto + (9p) and using edege managed to score 11 hits, for a total of 26 p, I managed to react the damage down to 23, without edge I would have taken 12 P, form this burst alone, hence the armor value of 18 was not totally unreasonable, even though the burst of the ork sammie was kind of lucky.

Actually with out edge use from the sammie Chin You wouldn't have taken any damage, as thats 18 points of hardened armor and the damage bonus from burst doesn't help when comparing damage to armor value. So that alpha with ex-ex(7P -2AP) versus 18 hardened armor needs minimum of 10 hits to do any damage at all. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cyber.gif)

+Quote Post
knasser
post Jul 11 2009, 10:16 AM
Post #8

Shadow Cartographer

Member No.: 8,636

QUOTE (ScandRun @ Jul 11 2009, 09:15 AM) *
Thanks guys for the input.

This is what happened. I choose to go with the higher armor value for Chin-You, a insane troll sammie charged Chin-You standing up for two IP, while the rest of the team made a running escape for the waiting helicopter.

I am kind of glad I used the 18/18 armor option due to the fact that the ork gunslinger sammie in the group shot an exex round form an areps alpha (7p) with full auto + (9p) and using edege managed to score 11 hits, for a total of 26 p, I managed to react the damage down to 23, without edge I would have taken 12 P, form this burst alone, hence the armor value of 18 was not totally unreasonable, even though the burst of the ork sammie was kind of lucky. I also might have missed using some perks of Chin-You maybe I should have full defended, but I felt that the mighty Yama King would not feel the need to defend himself against puny mortals (IMG:style_emoticons/default/grinbig.gif) .

The troll sammie player was happy sacrificing the his character for the team, making an epic portriait standing battling the yama king on a the roof of a kowloon walled city building while the rest of the team swooped out on the chopper..

I love player heroics like that. Awesome.

K.

+Quote Post
The Jake
post Jul 11 2009, 11:45 AM
Post #9

Shooting Target

I hope the other player got lots of karma for his new character. I've never yet had a player willing to sacrifice his character for the group.

- J.

+Quote Post
Prime Mover
post Jul 11 2009, 03:36 PM
Post #10

Shooting Target

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 9,313

This was climatic scene for our group as well. With the spirit dangleing from one side of chopper and team member from the other. Most of the team in varying degrees of injury inside. The teams rigger uses his last edge and makes an amazing roll to finish off Chin just one action before the chopper would have been knocked out of the sky.

+Quote Post
gtjormungand
post Jul 11 2009, 03:37 PM
Post #11

Target

Member No.: 16,182

QUOTE (ScandRun @ Jul 11 2009, 03:15 AM) *

Don't forget that the bonus damage from any sort of burst firing (including full auto) is not included in the DV comparison to armor. The spirit would have been fine.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 02:52 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.