IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Waiting and wondering, Anyone know where the Limited Edition 20th Anniversary edition is due?
Bashfull
post Jul 25 2009, 11:02 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,374

Work, swine flu and redundancies at work (and the missus's work) have distracted my focus for a while. Does anyone know when these rather expensive books are due? Having lost a lot of money in the demise of Guardians of Order a few years ago, I'm a little gun-shy.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kerenshara
post Jul 25 2009, 11:06 PM
Post #2

Shooting Target

Member No.: 17,166

QUOTE (Bashfull @ Jul 25 2009, 06:02 PM) *
Work, swine flu and redundancies at work (and the missus's work) have distracted my focus for a while. Does anyone know when these rather expensive books are due? Having lost a lot of money in the demise of Guardians of Order a few years ago, I'm a little gun-shy.

After the The Con, supposedly. I have mine (both versions) on pre-order, and I am HEARTILLY tired of reading the bleeding PDF as my only option... besides, I miss the original artwork.

+Quote Post
kanislatrans
post Jul 26 2009, 12:23 AM
Post #3

Moving Target

From: The corner of Detonation Boulevard and Fascination Street
Member No.: 14,464

I also am waiting with baited breath.

After consulting with the spirits while on a very strenuous quest to the akashic records meta-plane, I have returned with an answer to the question.

"The books will arrive when the blue ibis crosses the moon and speaks the words of love to the whippoorwill."

Damn spirits are as enigmatic as the developers. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/grinbig.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/grinbig.gif)

I can't wait to get my copies either. Although I am pretty confident that CGL is not going under. They seem to be a stable group.

+Quote Post
Kerenshara
post Jul 26 2009, 01:03 AM
Post #4

Shooting Target

Member No.: 17,166

QUOTE (kanislatrans @ Jul 25 2009, 07:23 PM) *
I can't wait to get my copies either. Although I am pretty confident that CGL is not going under. They seem to be a stable group.

Um... financially stable group.

I'm not going anywhere NEAR the whole "mental stability" thing... right Ancient History?

+Quote Post
kanislatrans
post Jul 26 2009, 04:53 AM
Post #5

Moving Target

From: The corner of Detonation Boulevard and Fascination Street
Member No.: 14,464

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/grinbig.gif) Artistic and creative individuals are rarely "mentally stable". It is that instability which enables them to step out side the norm and create such wonderful works of art,Kerenshara. They are,in general, not bound by such unimportant things as time either. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/grinbig.gif)

I am married to an artist. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/grinbig.gif) (and if she weren't in that special creative "space" right now, she'd throw something at me for posting this) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/grinbig.gif)

On subject, as of about two weeks ago IIRC, someone said that the regular book was half way across the ocean on a boat. so I am guessing we are looking at a Gencon'ish release. We still haven't a clue about the LE as far as I know.

+Quote Post
Vairdic
post Jul 26 2009, 07:08 AM
Post #6

Target

Member No.: 7,055

Magic 8 Ball says "Answer will be soon".

Watch www.CatalystGameLabs.com and www.Shadowrun4.com (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post
Machiavelli
post Jul 26 2009, 07:10 AM
Post #7

Shooting Target

Member No.: 1,749

Cross reference to another page? Nooooo...that would be to simple. We are on dumpshock here, we even ask things that everybody could easily google. Nice try Vairdic.^^

+Quote Post
Bashfull
post Jul 28 2009, 11:21 AM
Post #8

Moving Target

Thanks, folks.

+Quote Post
Cardul
post Jul 28 2009, 11:45 AM
Post #9

Moving Target

Member No.: 9,006

QUOTE (Vairdic @ Jul 26 2009, 02:08 AM) *
Magic 8 Ball says "Answer will be soon".

Watch www.CatalystGameLabs.com and www.Shadowrun4.com (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Funny...my Magic 8 ball says "Answer hazy"...I think mine is defective...

+Quote Post
Critias
post Jul 28 2009, 04:31 PM
Post #10

Freelance Elf

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 6,714

QUOTE (Cardul @ Jul 28 2009, 06:45 AM) *
Funny...my Magic 8 ball says "Answer hazy"...I think mine is defective...

Given game companies and their release schedules, I'd say yours is the Magic 8 Ball that's working right. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/grinbig.gif)

+Quote Post
Bashfull
post Aug 29 2009, 05:28 PM
Post #11

Moving Target

So, where are we now? Is there somewhere I could be looking for updates instead of bothering the good folks of Dumpshock? I want to buy the hardcover Seattle 2072 but I'm anxious about doing so until I get the last big purchase I made.

+Quote Post
Johnny Hammersti...
post Aug 30 2009, 12:42 AM
Post #12

Moving Target

Member No.: 17,514

I don't know if this helps or means anything, but my mother ordered the book for me for my birthday from Amazon. Amazon gives the ship date as something like Sept 19.

edit: scratch that, I'm getting the norm Shadowrun 20th Anniversary book

*returns to N00b corner, sits in chair, faces wall*

+Quote Post
Bashfull
post Aug 31 2009, 04:37 PM
Post #13

Moving Target

Again, I'm impressed by Catalyst. This morning I received a polite apology and a discount voucher for my next purchase, along with notification of shipping. Well done, Catalyst. Good products and a very human face in your interactions with you customers. I'm a happy shopper.

+Quote Post
knasser
post Aug 31 2009, 06:06 PM
Post #14

Shadow Cartographer

Member No.: 8,636

QUOTE (Johnny Hammersticks @ Aug 30 2009, 01:42 AM) *
*returns to N00b corner, sits in chair, faces wall*

I think you'll find most of the corners are taken by old posters who decided it saved time if we just stayed there. You'll have to stand around awkwardly in the middle of the room with everyone else, I'm afraid.

You could get me some of the sausages on the little sticks, while you're up, though?

Khadim.

+Quote Post
Bashfull
post Aug 31 2009, 11:01 PM
Post #15

Moving Target

QUOTE (knasser @ Aug 31 2009, 02:06 PM) *
I think you'll find most of the corners are taken by old posters who decided it saved time if we just stayed there. You'll have to stand around awkwardly in the middle of the room with everyone else, I'm afraid.

You could get me some of the sausages on the little sticks, while you're up, though?

Khadim.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/grinbig.gif)

You're a nutter, Knasser.

+Quote Post
Bull
post Sep 1 2009, 12:18 AM
Post #16

Grumpy Old Ork Decker

Group: Admin
Member No.: 50

I'll take a Mt Dew Livewire, Bashful. They're in the fridge next to the tray of Pigs in a Blanket. Thanks man, you rock (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
Cardul
post Sep 1 2009, 11:32 AM
Post #17

Moving Target

Member No.: 9,006

*boggles at something* OK..so, why is it that, when you change your Battlecorps e-mail address, it does not change your Battleshop e-mail address? I thought those were like linked? I guess that explains why I have never gotten an e-mail saying something shipped...is there like an announcement on who is elligible for the vouchers? so I know if I need to contact the Quartermaster or not?

I mean, I got my copy of SR4A in the mail, but if it is for those who ordered the limited edition before a certain date...

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:16 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.