> time limited runs
wylie
post Jul 25 2009, 11:47 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,567

planning on running a run tomorrow that has a time limit

the runners must access a computer at a certain time to activate a certain program, ala matrix 2

looking for any problems, suggestions, or advice that the experts of dumpshock may know

thank you

PS: if wondering, some of my players lurk around dumpshock like giant cybersharks, so I am being careful on what I post about the run
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kerenshara
post Jul 25 2009, 11:52 PM
Post #2

Shooting Target

Member No.: 17,166

QUOTE (wylie @ Jul 25 2009, 06:47 PM) *
planning on running a run tomorrow that has a time limit

the runners must access a computer at a certain time to activate a certain program, ala matrix 2

looking for any problems, suggestions, or advice that the experts of dumpshock may know

That's a pretty classic scenario in my experience, generally speaking. Exactly what sort of advice or suggestions were you looking for?

+Quote Post
wylie
post Jul 26 2009, 12:06 AM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 16,567

things to watch for:
railroading, player chaffing under the limit, party must be split into 2 or more groups,
wrong PC going with the wrong group

time limit too limiting?
between 6 to 12 hours, game time

maybe what i am looking for are examples of such type runs, whether they went good or bad & why they did

got the items in question sorted
foes stated out
locations
johnson's background

did i miss anything?

+Quote Post
LurkerOutThere
post Jul 26 2009, 01:31 AM
Post #4

Runner

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 17,234

In a time limited run that the Johnson was aware of the circumstances if they know that data they should have a pretty good knowledge of the interworkings of the taget and the team should just get a data deluge from their J. Floor plans and that sort of thing if possible. Let the team be concerned with the actual insertion planing. Then if you want to really amp up the pressure at some point start a timer and use some kind of real time to game time correlation.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:08 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.