Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Custom Technomancer Stuff
CodeBreaker
post Aug 15 2009, 12:22 AM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,249

Been writing up some custom stuff for my Technomancer. Wondering what people think of it in general. Anything that doesn't make sense? Anything that needs to be included?

Resonant Minds
Technomancer Group

Purpose: Furthering the understanding of Technomancers, the Resonance Realms and the Emergence in general. The group also acts in the interest of all of Seattle Emerged and occasionally makes runs against any Corporations who try and exploit them.

Members: 28 (13 Technomancers, 2 Digital Intelligences, 13 Others)

Strictures: Privacy, Attendance, Deed, Material Link (Sourcecode of any Emerged), Dues.

Resources/Dues: Middle. 350 Nuyen/Month. Resonant Minds currently pays upkeep on several private Nodes and has access to a Resonance Well (Rating 5) that is safeguarded behind a secure network. They also have control of multiple BotNets that they use to host their Datasearch Agents. Any extra money is pooled together for "deniable assets" when they are needed; On such an occasion one of the groups members takes the virtual role of a Mr. Johnson.

Description and Customs: Resonant Minds is a Seattle based Technomancer Group that was founded a few years after the Crash by a select few Emerged individuals who met when they were trying to come to an understanding about what was happening. Coming to the conclusion that they could achieve more by cooperating and pooling their knowledge about their abilities, they began actively looking for others like them who could help them. When the public became aware of Technomancers, and the prejudice and witch-hunts started, the group decided that their best course of action was to temporarily split up and go their own ways. In the last few months the founding members have decided to bring the group back together, and although a few members have moved out of the Seattle area (and more than a few are no longer alive) they have managed to bring the core community back together. They have also decided for the first time to open their doors to a select few "Mundanes" who are in the position to provide the group with information.

Resonant Minds has group meetings on the first Friday of every month which are mandatory attendance for all members, and everyone is expected to pitch in help equally. That help can come in the form of information, resources or supporting the other members. Occasionally the Council (See Organisation) might request a member to perform some duty, from as mundane as getting the itinerary of a Wage-Slave to performing a Datasteal on a Zero-Zone Site.

Organisation: Resonant Minds is organised in an almost completely democratic way, with most decisions being put to vote. However when events conspire that a decision must be made immediately, or it must be made in secret, the group has a semi-elected six person council composed of the original three founders (The Trinity) and three other elected members. All members are considered equal during a normal democratic vote, and the elected council can be challenged at any time on counts of incompetence.

Resonant Intellects

Technomancer Stream

Fading: Logic + Resonance
Sprites: Machine, Paladin, Tutor, Crack, Sleuth

Resonant Intellects believe that behind the Resonance lies an abstract AI that they call the Resonant AI. This AI is so far reaching that it can influence every electronic device, even those that are isolated from the Matrix proper. When a Resonant Intellect communes with the Resonance Realms they believe that they are touching different facets of the Resonant AI's mind, and that submerging brings them closer on some innate level so that they can channel more of its power. They believe that it was this Resonant AI that created all Emerged beings, Technomancers, Digital Intelligences and even the newly discovered Technocritters.

Resonant Intellects believe that their Sprites are creations of the Resonant AI and that each one has a particular “sacredness� about them, and that putting them at risk is paramount to putting one of the Resonant AI's children at risk. Most think that their Sprites have an intelligence equal, or even sometimes greater, than that of any metatype and tend to treat them with respect and care for them like they would any other friend. They also have a tendency to grow attached to a particular Sprite, and many consider their personal Sprite a better friend than any in the Meat World.

Resonant AI
Paragon

Resonant AI is all encompassing, it can touch any Node, anywhere. It is also the ultimate archiver, as all information passes through its domain and is stored away. Followers of the Resonant AI tend to find they can access Nodes easier than those who follow other Paragons, however they also tend to be more arrogant about their abilities because of this.

Advantages: +2 Dice to all Exploit Tests, +1 Dice to any selected Sprite type (Player must choose one).
Disadvantages: Any time a follower of the Resonant AI is challenged to a test of their Hacking abilities they must succeed on a Willpower + Logic (3) test or be forced to accept that challenge.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BlueMax
post Aug 15 2009, 12:32 AM
Post #2

Running Target

Member No.: 15,708

+2 to all Exploit...

no books on hand. that either duplicates or exceeds Black Hat. Right?

BlueMax

+Quote Post
CodeBreaker
post Aug 15 2009, 12:33 AM
Post #3

Moving Target

QUOTE (BlueMax @ Aug 15 2009, 01:32 AM) *
+2 to all Exploit...

no books on hand. that either duplicates or exceeds Black Hat. Right?

BlueMax

It is a duplicate of the Black Hat benefit, yes.

Advantages: +2 dice to Exploit Tests, +1 die for Crack or Fault
Sprites (player must choose one)
Disadvantage: Black Hat technomancers have extreme difficulty
restraining themselves from hacking into a node that is interesting
in any way. The technomancer must succeed in a Willpower +
Charisma (3) Test to avoid hacking such a system when the opportunity
arises.

Is the Black Hat Paragon. If the Disadvantage is not powerful enough, any suggests on increasing it?

+Quote Post
BlueMax
post Aug 15 2009, 12:35 AM
Post #4

Running Target

Member No.: 15,708

Sounds good to me.

I would put up our groups Network/Group, "The Thin Blue Line" but its not my work and I don't want to offend the authors.

BlueMax

+Quote Post
Rasumichin
post Aug 15 2009, 10:09 AM
Post #5

Running Target

Member No.: 15,648

Please note that all existing streams have access to Data Sprites.
I get the impression that they're like a default feature for all TMs (in fact, it means that all followers of published streams are capable of clandestine communication with other Resonance beings), so i'd include them in any homebrewed Stream as well.
YMMV, however.

To add something more constructive, here's a Paragon i came up with after spending too much time on dumpshock :

Flamewar

Flamewar revels in discussion and conflict, he is the embodiment of self-acclaimed expertise on everything. No matter how exotic a topic is, Flamewar will have an opinion on it- and most likely, he will disagree with you.
Flamewar always comes up with an answer and never backs down from his position.

Advantages : +2 to Intimidation rolls on the matrix; +2 to Data Search tests
Disadvantages : Because followers of Flamewar are so obsessed with checking forums for new entries, they automatically receive the Media Junkie Quality at Lvl.1 without receiving BP for it.

+Quote Post
Neraph
post Aug 16 2009, 04:57 AM
Post #6

Great Dragon

Member No.: 16,387

QUOTE (CodeBreaker @ Aug 14 2009, 07:22 PM) *
Disadvantages: Any time a follower of the Resonant AI is challenged to a test of their Hacking abilities they must succeed on a Willpower + Logic (3) test or be forced to accept that challenge.

I CHALLENGE YOU TO MORTAL KOMBAT!!

+Quote Post
LurkerOutThere
post Aug 17 2009, 01:10 AM
Post #7

Runner

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 17,234

Your advantage is too good, your disad too narrow and not really that restrictive, yay people that actually challenge you to hack you have to hack, how's that different from what a techno normally does?

Given your focus on AI's and matrix unity I would require a CHA roll (4) to harm another technomancer or other matrix creature. I would halve the test if they are known disonant.

+Quote Post
CodeBreaker
post Aug 17 2009, 04:08 PM
Post #8

Moving Target

QUOTE (LurkerOutThere @ Aug 17 2009, 02:10 AM) *
Your advantage is too good, your disad too narrow and not really that restrictive, yay people that actually challenge you to hack you have to hack, how's that different from what a techno normally does?

Given your focus on AI's and matrix unity I would require a CHA roll (4) to harm another technomancer or other matrix creature. I would halve the test if they are known disonant.

Ooo, thats a good one. Yeah, I thought the Disadvantage was a bit weak, but I couldn't think of anything better. Think it would still be alright if it was CHA(4) to begin an engagement with another Emerged being (Techno, AI, Technocritter), CHA(2) to begin defensive attacks (responding to one attacking you first)?

And is your suggestion for every time the Technomancer wants to attack, or just the first time in an engagement (One roll for every Emerged Being involved in the Combat)?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th April 2024 - 07:59 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.