Reply to this topicStart new topic
> move-by-wire reaction bonus
Phelan Patrick
post Aug 17 2009, 11:06 AM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,502

Hi there, just another pretty obvious question here. Just need confirmation.

According to the augmentation p. 41

The move-by-wire system confers a bonus of +2 to
the character’s Reaction attribute, +1 to the character’s
Dodge skill rating, and +1 Initiative Pass per point of rating.

so it translates to +2 reaction for rating 1, +4 for rating 2, and +6 for rating 3

and since the highest augmented max is 9 or lower, does that mean if you plan to get MbW3 it would be pointless to increase your reaction past 3 via other ways like karma(natural)? so if i also put in a suprathyroid gland I only need to get reaction to a natural 2?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mäx
post Aug 17 2009, 11:13 AM
Post #2

Prime Runner

Member No.: 15,628

QUOTE (Phelan Patrick @ Aug 17 2009, 02:06 PM) *
and since the highest augmented max is 9 or lower, does that mean if you plan to get MbW3 it would be pointless to increase your reaction past 3 via other ways like karma(natural)? so if i also put in a suprathyroid gland I only need to get reaction to a natural 2?

Thats right, unless you raise your natural max of reaction.
It's possible to get that up to 9, so then your augmented max would be 13 so at that point you need a natural reaction of 6 to reach the max with those two pieces of augmentation.

+Quote Post
Rasumichin
post Aug 17 2009, 11:17 AM
Post #3

Running Target

Member No.: 15,648

QUOTE (Phelan Patrick @ Aug 17 2009, 12:06 PM) *
Hi there, just another pretty obvious question here. Just need confirmation.

According to the augmentation p. 41

The move-by-wire system confers a bonus of +2 to
the character’s Reaction attribute, +1 to the character’s
Dodge skill rating, and +1 Initiative Pass per point of rating.

so it translates to +2 reaction for rating 1, +4 for rating 2, and +6 for rating 3

Yes, that's right, unless you somehow increase your augmented maximum.
Please note that MBWs are also compatible with Reaction Enhancers as well.
So if you have a lvl 3 MBW, Reaction Enhancers 3 and a Suprathyroid Gland and Genetic Optimization (REA) along with Increased Attribute and Metagenetic Improvement, you could have a Reaction attribute of 3(13).

And yes, unless you're a cyberzombie (who could get even higher than that), this means that a high natural Reaction is more or less redundant.
No other attribute is that easy to pump up with ware.

+Quote Post
Phelan Patrick
post Aug 17 2009, 01:23 PM
Post #4

Target

QUOTE (Rasumichin @ Aug 17 2009, 07:17 PM) *
Yes, that's right, unless you somehow increase your augmented maximum.
Please note that MBWs are also compatible with Reaction Enhancers as well.
So if you have a lvl 3 MBW, Reaction Enhancers 3 and a Suprathyroid Gland and Genetic Optimization (REA) along with Increased Attribute and Metagenetic Improvement, you could have a Reaction attribute of 3(13).

And yes, unless you're a cyberzombie (who could get even higher than that), this means that a high natural Reaction is more or less redundant.
No other attribute is that easy to pump up with ware.

did not know about genetic optimization and metagenic improvement. i can probably find genetic optimization but where can i read metagenic improvement?

+Quote Post
Rasumichin
post Aug 17 2009, 01:25 PM
Post #5

Running Target

Member No.: 15,648

QUOTE (Phelan Patrick @ Aug 17 2009, 01:23 PM) *
did not know about genetic optimization and metagenic improvement. i can probably find genetic optimization but where can i read metagenic improvement?

Genetic Optimization is in the geneware chapter of Augmentation.
Metagenetic Improvement is a positive Quality from Runer's Companion (in the Metagenetic Qualities section describing Qualities for SURGElings).

+Quote Post
Phelan Patrick
post Aug 17 2009, 01:31 PM
Post #6

Target

got it thanks

+Quote Post
crazyconscript
post Aug 17 2009, 01:50 PM
Post #7

Moving Target

Member No.: 16,906

The handy thing about metagenic is that it raises your base attribute along with your max...so you have to spend even less on the actual reaction stat

+Quote Post
InfinityzeN
post Aug 17 2009, 07:54 PM
Post #8

Moving Target

Member No.: 16,707

The metagenic improvement and genetic optimization, along with exceptional attribute, allow for some crazy stats. I build a guy with 10 (15) Agility. His default (yea right, like he wouldn't have the skill) to fire a pistol would be 14 dice.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 12:58 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.