Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Dragon con SR4 Game, Best of the Best 2
Cadmus
post Aug 17 2009, 06:49 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,304

Well since this wasn't posted on dragon con site, I pmed the GM for this game and got info on the rules for it since other wise I had no idea what the rules where for this game.,

Namly The best of the best 2 states prime runners, Since Prime runners tend to have diffrent BP levels ect then starting chars,

From what I got the rules seem to be 1,000 BP/Karma to build your char,

Don't know if there are any avalbility limits on gear or cash but I thought the above info would be helpful (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Coldhand Jake
post Aug 18 2009, 12:42 AM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 16,304

(Best of the Best is a series I came up with, to fill a gap at Dragon*Con 2008. Basically, it was an excuse to kill off an ex-GMPC/NPC from my home campaign who had gotten way too powerful and cocky. It was a hit, and I've been asked to run another. So, I'm getting off my butt and hitchhiking back to Atlanta to do it again...I hope.)

So, how about a high-power level game with some interesting twists for players who are interested in seeing what happens to runners who REALLY screw up. Which is, the corp takes the gloves off, hires the very best, arms them to the teeth, and sends them after the screw up. Those "very best" are your characters.

Last year, Mitsuhama's "consultants" took out a uber-hacker who was bordering on cyberzombie status (Essence 0.15), and had his own private army. Ghostwalker basically went hands off, and let the party do what they had to, assaulting the Dragon Slayers gang in Detroit, running into more chrome and Greek-aspected spirits than most want to in their whole lives. The ending was the stuff of Greek tragedies. I nearly cried.

This year, things have gotten worse. It seems a dragon has gone toxic, and the Great Wyrms want it put down like a rabid dog. 10 million nuyen -each- and all the gear you can carry home to the team who puts down the wyrm they call Corpse Eater. Of course, with such a strong center point, Corpse Eater attracts toxics like moths to a flame, so he certainly won't be alone.

1000 points, each spendable as BP or Karma. Availability and legality is not an issue. Bring the nastiest runner from your personal portfolio, or whip up a new legend that's just so good, no one knows their name...yet.

(The Best of the Best series DOES NOT represent typical Shadowrun. You are a AVOWED corporate tool, with backing and a somewhat clear connection to your employers for once. So, alot of the secrecy and double-crossing is out of the way, allowing for a job where you're not getting screwed over...unless you count being sent to kill a toxic cult led by a -dragon-...)

+Quote Post
Coldhand Jake
post Aug 28 2009, 12:53 AM
Post #3

Moving Target

Unfortunately, looks like BOTB2 isn't happening, I won't be making it to Dragon*Con unless something miraculous happens around my Sept 1st birthday, and someone near Jasper, AL decides to head to Con and give me help.

Sorry folks.

+Quote Post
kanislatrans
post Aug 31 2009, 01:26 AM
Post #4

Moving Target

From: The corner of Detonation Boulevard and Fascination Street
Member No.: 14,464

QUOTE (Coldhand Jake @ Aug 27 2009, 08:53 PM) *
Unfortunately, looks like BOTB2 isn't happening, I won't be making it to Dragon*Con unless something miraculous happens around my Sept 1st birthday, and someone near Jasper, AL decides to head to Con and give me help.

Sorry folks.

Here's hoping for a birthday miracle,Jake. I was hoping to catch a peek at your game as it was listed as sold out when i began scheduling the wife and my con wish list...

+Quote Post
Whizbang
post Aug 31 2009, 05:35 PM
Post #5

Running Target

Member No.: 6,645

Too bad that's the wrong side of Alabama for me. :/

+Quote Post
Coldhand Jake
post Jul 22 2011, 02:48 PM
Post #6

Moving Target

Good news, I'm DMing at Dragon*Con 2011 again! And I have a mind to drag out the Best of the Best stuff... maybe this year, Corpseeater, the toxic Norse great dragon...

+Quote Post
pbangarth
post Jul 29 2011, 04:04 AM
Post #7

Old Man of the North

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 5,463

And there we are with all those 800 point characters on your test thread, ready to go. 200 more points! Wish I were going to Dragoncon.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 05:57 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.