Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Runner's Companion - Karma Build system
Shia
post Aug 18 2009, 07:22 AM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,516

So we have been using the SR4 BP system we build on 450 points. Ive had people ask about using the Karma build system in Runner's Companion. They suggest 750 pts as basline.

However we see that for attributes they say new rating x3. After makign some test chars this seems really low as in easy to get alot higher starting Attributes. Remember this is for charecter generation. Any input would be welcome as I dont see any Errata for RC.

thanks
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Andinel
post Aug 18 2009, 07:37 AM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 16,609

I think there should be some errata coming for RC, since they updated the karma costs for attributes to 5 x new rating in SR4A. It just hasn't been released yet. I seem to remember AH posting something about them intending to use the 5 x NR karma costs for the karmagen system in RC, though.

+Quote Post
SeriousPaul
post Aug 19 2009, 02:23 AM
Post #3

Duplicate account of "Paul"

Member No.: 17,519

Does anyone know why Bethyaga didn't get any acknowledgment, that I know of-please feel free to let me know if I missed it-for designing the Karma creation system?

+Quote Post
Ancient History
post Aug 19 2009, 02:43 AM
Post #4

Great Dragon

Member No.: 2,935

As far as I'm aware Bethyaga didn't have ought to do with designing the KarmaGen system in Runner's Companion, Paul.

+Quote Post
SeriousPaul
post Aug 19 2009, 02:46 AM
Post #5

QUOTE (Ancient History @ Aug 18 2009, 09:43 PM) *
As far as I'm aware Bethyaga didn't have ought to do with designing the KarmaGen system in Runner's Companion, Paul.

Isn't it inspired or based on BeCK's, or am I mistaken? (In which case my apologies.) BeCK's, of course, is Bethyaga’s Complete Karma System

QUOTE ("Ancient History")
Because I wrote the KarmaGen in RC and I didn't read or reference BeCKs in any way.

Easy Bobby, I wasn't trying to accuse you of anything. It just seemed a little off to me. My apologies if I offended you over this.

+Quote Post
Ancient History
post Aug 19 2009, 02:48 AM
Post #6

Great Dragon

It is not. That isn't to diss BeCKs in any way, but the concept of Karma-based character generation (and the counterpart, BP-based advancement, which did not make it into RC) is not original to BeCKs as far as I am aware, and BeCKs was not the basis of the KarmaGen system in RC.

Otherwise I would totally have gotten Bethyaga credit, if not some sort of actual payment.

+Quote Post
SeriousPaul
post Aug 19 2009, 02:51 AM
Post #7

QUOTE (Ancient History @ Aug 18 2009, 09:48 PM) *
It is not. That isn't to diss BeCKs in any way, but the concept of Karma-based character generation (and the counterpart, BP-based advancement, which did not make it into RC) is not original to BeCKs as far as I am aware, and BeCKs was not the basis of the KarmaGen system in RC.

Otherwise I would totally have gotten Bethyaga credit, if not some sort of actual payment.

That makes sense. I was unaware that Bethyaga wasn't the first to suggest the idea. Again sorry if I offended you over this matter.

+Quote Post
Ancient History
post Aug 19 2009, 02:54 AM
Post #8

Great Dragon

's all cool.

Re: original question

At (New Attribute Rating x 5) Karmagen, I would suggest about 825 Karma as approximate to 450 BP, assuming all the usual limitations are the same.

+Quote Post
toturi
post Aug 19 2009, 04:22 AM
Post #9

Canon Companion

Member No.: 4,187

QUOTE (Ancient History @ Aug 19 2009, 10:54 AM) *
's all cool.

Re: original question

At (New Attribute Rating x 5) Karmagen, I would suggest about 825 Karma as approximate to 450 BP, assuming all the usual limitations are the same.

Would that be with or without free Race?

+Quote Post
Ancient History
post Aug 19 2009, 05:19 AM
Post #10

Great Dragon

<scritch, scritch> I was counting without. Why, you think it should be 800? Dinnae forget with BP-gen you get free skillpoints.

+Quote Post
toturi
post Aug 19 2009, 06:13 AM
Post #11

Canon Companion

Member No.: 4,187

QUOTE (Ancient History @ Aug 19 2009, 01:19 PM) *
<scritch, scritch> I was counting without. Why, you think it should be 800? Dinnae forget with BP-gen you get free skillpoints.

You get free Knowledge skill points (unless someone added free skill points into SR4A). You might not be know your Bob Dylan from Michael Jackson, but at least you are still functional if you do not buy any Knowledge skills with karmagen.

So with no free race and Rating x 5, 825 karma approximates 450 BPs.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 05:15 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.