IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

149 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> And now a running list of things I am not allowed to do in Shadowrun, And now a running list to lift all of our spirits.
'Sconnie
post Aug 23 2009, 11:03 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,152

OK, we've seen the list of things Mr. Welch is not allowed to do at his table:

http://wiki.rpg.net/index.php/750_things_M...ger_do_in_a_RPG

Back on the old Wizards Board we kept adding things on to that list, mostly D&D and D20 Modern related.

I was thinking we should do a Shoadowrun verson of this list.

I'll start:

1. There is no great dragon named Trogdor.
2. My PC is not "Proud to be a bunraku from Renraku"
3. I am not allowed to ever learn the spell Orgy ever again.
4. My Bastet is not "In ur node, steeling yur paydataz"
5. I am not allowed to use the Trogdor song to describe any of the great dragons.
6. There are no Kender in Shadowrun.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Totentanz
post Aug 23 2009, 11:46 PM
Post #2

Target

Member No.: 17,457

7. Despite the similarities between Cyber Punk and Fallout, I am not allowed to design and build a Fat Man, much less the MIRV.

+Quote Post
remmus
post Aug 23 2009, 11:47 PM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 17,145

8. I´m no longer allowed to drop tanks or similar heavy vehicles from high places as a viable weapon.

9. I´m no longer allowed to act paranoid whenever crossing a bridge over a river assuming a deckt out troll is waiting under it to ambush.

+Quote Post
tsuyoshikentsu
post Aug 24 2009, 12:50 AM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 15,997

10. I am no longer allowed to inform people of my lack of desire to incinerate the earth through a deliberate act of arson.
11. I am no longer allowed to ask Mr. Johnson if his first name is Richard.

+Quote Post
BookWyrm
post Aug 24 2009, 01:25 AM
Post #5

Running Target

Member No.: 2,607

12. Not every Johnson is a Dragon in disguise. I will refrain from scrutinizing him, looking for where he puts his wings and tail.

13. Just because I am *that* good-looking, doesn't mean I can turn Dante's Inferno into my own private orgy.

14. It doesn't matter who has the biggest gun, despite being the only one who does.

15. I will be respectful to my teammates, no matter what meta-type they are or religeous background.
15a. Not all Trolls eat goats. Whole.
15b. Dwarves do NOT sing "Hi-Ho!" at the start of ANY mission.
15c. Elves do NOT make cookies. Nor do they work for a Johnson named "Santa."
15d. Orks do NOT know some guy named 'Saruman' nor 'Sauron', despite their being a policlub with his name in it.

16. I will stop bugging my Technomancer teammate/contact about making a Transformer for me.
16a. I will stop bugging my Mechanic contact about the same thing, and refrain from calling him "Ratchet".

17. I will stop chanting "Beam me up Mr. Scott!" into my commlink when things go badly.
17a. I will stop chanting into my commlink "Checkov, fire a photon torpedo to my location NOW!" when things go badly.
17b. I will stop calling our Elven mage "Spock." One Vulcan Neck-Pinch is more than enough.
17c. I will stop calling my Technomancer teammate/contact "Mr. Scott." She doesn't have a scottish burr to her voice, HATES science fiction and only just put my working SIN back together after the last time.
17d. I will refrain from making ANY and ALL 'horny' jokes around the Troll. I still have nightmares about him crushing the beer keg one-handed that last time.

That's all I could come up with. Enjoy. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post
Draco18s
post Aug 24 2009, 01:27 AM
Post #6

Immortal Elf

Member No.: 16,392

12. I am not allowed to create a PC named Rodrigo and describe him using the words "hot," "Latin," or "passion" in the same sentence.

13. I am not allowed to create any shapeshifter character who has deviant sexual fetishes. Said characters are especially not allowed to use the phrase "doggy style" in any context. This holds doubly true for fox shifters.

14. No longer allowed to accept assassinations against the group or any group member.

15. Not allowed to ritual-execute a bum and doctor the video footage in order to get paid for an assassination against the group or any group member.

16. No character is to ally with Deus, any further attempts will be met with annihilation by space laser.

(I do have to say, the lists's #63, "I cannot buy 10,000 marbles even if I say please." shouldn't apply if you buy a gun called The Room Cleaner that fires 10mm steel marbles...I have a character who purchased that, and some 1000 marbles (I ran out of money))

+Quote Post
Matsci
post Aug 24 2009, 01:53 AM
Post #7

Moving Target

Member No.: 15,626

17. I cannot use a bulldozer and a cliff to crush an entire Mitsuhama strike team

18. I cannot steal the most expensive plane in Arsenal.

19. I cannot mount arms on said plane

20. Even if I could put arms on the plane, I cannot get a bow big enough for a plane to fire.

+Quote Post
AngelisStorm
post Aug 24 2009, 02:07 AM
Post #8

Moving Target

From: Edge of the Redmond Barrens, Borderline NAN. Runnin' the border for literal milk runs.
Member No.: 11,565

#21. I am not allowed to take "Jimmy," the THOR operator*, as a loyalty 6 contact.

#22. I am not allowed to take the Aztechnology Bloodmage consortium (aka. magical THOR) as a loyalty 6 group contact.

*"and he can't be my childhood best friend, brother, half brother, or sister's really cool fiance, and I cannot call him "Captain Awsome."

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/frown.gif)

+Quote Post
Fezig
post Aug 24 2009, 02:49 AM
Post #9

Moving Target

Member No.: 11,168

23. I am no longer allowed to make any and all vans my character purchases black with a red stripe.

24. Even with said van, it does not give me the ability to crash through walls better when not in the van.

25. Nor does it allow me to "pity the fool" for any greater effect.

26. Nor can the runner name of said character be one letter preceded by a title, use Baracus anywhere in it, or be a two letter abbreviation of any shape or form.

+Quote Post
the_real_elwood
post Aug 24 2009, 03:47 AM
Post #10

Moving Target

Member No.: 16,349

27. No, I am not allowed to nuke it from orbit. Even if it is the only way to be sure.

+Quote Post
'Sconnie
post Aug 24 2009, 04:11 AM
Post #11

Moving Target

Member No.: 17,152

28. No PCs based on any character from The Big Lebowski, this goes quintuple for Walter Sobchak

29. Renraku's official company song was not written by Devo.

+Quote Post
Draco18s
post Aug 24 2009, 04:13 AM
Post #12

Immortal Elf

30. Painting the getaway van red, does not in fact, make it go fasta.

31. Not allowed to spend all 400 BP on 1 point knowledge skills

32. Not allowed to spend all 400 BP on 1 point skills

+Quote Post
Method
post Aug 24 2009, 04:20 AM
Post #13

Street Doc

Group: Admin
Member No.: 6,114

33. I cannot have a Cure Disease spell anchored on my junk no matter how much I pay the magician.
34. I cannot have a lightsaber no matter how much I beg the GM.
35. I am no longer allowed to hire homeless people to act as sherpas to carry my assault canon and ammo.
36. I am not allowed to play a possession mage for the sole purpose of digging up Chuck Norris' corpse and making a prepared vessel out of it (also applies to Bruce Lee and Ernest Borgnine).
37. My retirement plan cannot involve sealing my head in a cryogenic capsule and launching into space so that my character can live forever in Eclipse Phase.

+Quote Post
McAllister
post Aug 24 2009, 04:47 AM
Post #14

Moving Target

Member No.: 17,282

38. I can no longer aspect my own Astral Hazing to get permanent rating 4 background count in my favor... well, maybe I can, but I most certainly may not.

39. I am not allowed to put a gun in my gun, not even if I want to shoot while I shoot. Which I do.

+Quote Post
Draco18s
post Aug 24 2009, 06:31 AM
Post #15

Immortal Elf

QUOTE (McAllister @ Aug 24 2009, 12:47 AM) *
39. I am not allowed to put a gun in my gun, not even if I want to shoot while I shoot. Which I do.

40. Nor am I allowed to but an under barrel shotgun on my SMG, no matter how pimped out it looked in Army of Two

+Quote Post
MorkaisChosen
post Aug 24 2009, 11:11 AM
Post #16

Target

Member No.: 17,533

41. My Adept cannot "see the code."

42. No, I cannot use my incredible social dice pool to persuade the guard drone to destroy the floor it's standing on.

43. I will not ask my Troll teammates whether they cut off their enormous purple hair.

+Quote Post
StealthSigma
post Aug 24 2009, 12:18 PM
Post #17

Runner

Member No.: 17,389

44. Contrary to popular belief, MGL does not stand for Machine Gun Launcher. Even if the Machine Gun Launcher existed I will never be allowed to have a Machine Gun Launcher.
44a. Even if a Machine Gun Launcher existed, I cannot add it as an under-barrel weapon to my sniper rifle.

+Quote Post
Blade
post Aug 24 2009, 12:34 PM
Post #18

Runner

Member No.: 9,466

45. I cannot add cyberfeet with skimmerdisks to a centipede, and even if I did, the modifiers wouldn't stack and let it go past the speed of light.

+Quote Post
MorkaisChosen
post Aug 24 2009, 01:03 PM
Post #19

Target

46. My Adept-in-a-suit may not be named Smith; nor may he be named Hugo or Elrond.

+Quote Post
ravensmuse
post Aug 24 2009, 01:33 PM
Post #20

Running Target

Member No.: 14,507

47. I am no longer allowed to think pushing Grandma's into streets is "funny".
48. High explosives are not a "subtle way of taking out the target".

+Quote Post
remmus
post Aug 24 2009, 01:44 PM
Post #21

Moving Target

49. if my character resmbles to much on any character in any metal gear game to the degree the GM can spot it without thinking, then my character instantly explodes like his whole torso was made of C4

50. I can not make a troll whose tactic is to walk around with restrained dwarfs strapped with explosives and throw them like improvised grenades...even if it´s damn funny

+Quote Post
tarbrush
post Aug 24 2009, 02:08 PM
Post #22

Moving Target

Member No.: 9,883

51. Plan B is not "Twice as much explosives as plan A".
52. Plan C is not "Kill it with fire".
53. Plan D is not "Use twice as much fire as Plan C".

+Quote Post
remmus
post Aug 24 2009, 02:22 PM
Post #23

Moving Target

54. if the group agrees that plan B is to kill everyone, I may not sugest that we make it the main plan

+Quote Post
Kerenshara
post Aug 24 2009, 02:56 PM
Post #24

Shooting Target

Member No.: 17,166

55. In a 1st Ed game, I am no longer allowed to learn any form of the Barrier spell. Ever.

56. I may not create a troll with a metagenic flaw of thick red-orange fur all over his body, give him Size 58 combat boots made to look like white ChucksTM and call him Gossamer.

57. I may not have the "Old ElPasso" logo engraved into my Panther assault canon.

58. I may not have the "Osterizer" logo engraved into my Ares HVARTM or my Minigun.

+Quote Post
MorkaisChosen
post Aug 24 2009, 03:41 PM
Post #25

Target

59. A Troper is not an appropriate form of contact.
59a. Not even in a Matrix-focused game.

+Quote Post

149 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:23 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.