IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> SR4A, partial cyberlimb armor and the PDF, Can someone point me into the right direction
apple
post Aug 25 2009, 10:14 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,827

Hi

The SR4A-changes document from the official webpage says:
Cyberlimb Armor has been clarifi ed, it is intended to be cumulative with all types of armor (Armor on half-limbs only counts at half-Rating.

I have downloaded the SR4A-PDF several month ago and I cannot find this rule in the book itself. Can someone point me to the right page? Or was it not included in the last minute? If yes, is it working as inteded or will there be an errata concerning half limb cyberarmor.

SYL
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
X-Kalibur
post Aug 25 2009, 10:24 PM
Post #2

Runner

Member No.: 8,626

Try this document here http://shadowrun4.com/resources/sr4a/sr4a_changes.pdf

+Quote Post
apple
post Aug 25 2009, 10:34 PM
Post #3

Moving Target

I have this document. I am just searching for the actual rule in the SR4A rule book pdf and I canĀ“t find the the "half rating" rule except in the change document. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post
X-Kalibur
post Aug 25 2009, 10:39 PM
Post #4

Runner

Member No.: 8,626

Sadly, I do not have the SR4A material to point at for you. Given the location in the changes doc, I would check the equipment section under armor and also under cyberware.

+Quote Post
apple
post Aug 25 2009, 10:44 PM
Post #5

Moving Target

I already checked both sections

SYL

+Quote Post
Prime Mover
post Aug 25 2009, 10:52 PM
Post #6

Shooting Target

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 9,313

PG 344 Left side. Header: Cyberlimb Enhancements.

Synthetic Cyber Skull still missing...at least we still have it listed in Aug for reference.

Edit: As for the half armor thing, its a by product of capacity mechanic.

+Quote Post
apple
post Aug 25 2009, 10:55 PM
Post #7

Moving Target

My PDF
Cyberlimb Enhancements
Cyberlimb enhancements use up the Capacity of the cyberlimb they enhance. There are four different types of enhancements available: Body, Agility, Strength, or Armor enhancements. Physical Attribute enhancements come in ratings equal to the Attribute bonus they provide. Armor enhancements installed on cyberlimbs are both Ballistic and Impact, and it is cumulative with all forms of worn armor.

Still missing the Half-Rating Rule from the SR4A-Changes Document.

SYL

+Quote Post
Prime Mover
post Aug 25 2009, 11:00 PM
Post #8

Shooting Target

Looks like hands and feet only have capacity 4 and armor is rating x2. This limits what can put on to 2 points, not sure if that helps but maybe there was a change in between.

+Quote Post
apple
post Aug 25 2009, 11:07 PM
Post #9

Moving Target

I am very well aware of the different capacity rating ... but I am only searching for the rule mentioned in the Changes-Document, nothing more. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

SYL

+Quote Post
Prime Mover
post Aug 25 2009, 11:18 PM
Post #10

Shooting Target

Looked back at aug and SR4A not seeing any rules involving half armor. Not really seeing mention of "half limbs" either just hands and feet. Rule seems overkill when you consider the capacity being a limiter.

+Quote Post
McAllister
post Aug 25 2009, 11:59 PM
Post #11

Moving Target

Member No.: 17,282

SR4A supercedes the changes document. Let's assume they thought about it, and decided, as Prime Mover mentioned, that the rule was overkill.

Another "I heard about it but I can't find it" rule: where does it list the possibility of adept taking a power point instead of metamagic at initiation? I coulda swore I heard about that being mentioned, but I can't seem to find it.

+Quote Post
Prime Mover
post Aug 26 2009, 12:09 AM
Post #12

Shooting Target

Another "I heard about it but I can't find it" rule: where does it list the possibility of adept taking a power point instead of metamagic at initiation? I coulda swore I heard about that being mentioned, but I can't seem to find it.

Street Magic Errata document
First page left column halfway down Pg 31 Tweaking the rules. Add Adept Initiation. Groups may consider allowing adepts to gain 1 Power Point instead of a metamagic at initiation.

Edit: Took me forever to find that a while back, remember now. Let one of my players use it and it worked out very well for us.
Edit 2: Oops new version of errata for SM, the optional rule is on second column of first page of new version of errata. (Still hoping for Augmentation errata.)

+Quote Post
DarkKindness
post Aug 26 2009, 12:48 AM
Post #13

Moving Target

Member No.: 17,522

QUOTE (Prime Mover @ Aug 25 2009, 05:18 PM) *
Looked back at aug and SR4A not seeing any rules involving half armor. Not really seeing mention of "half limbs" either just hands and feet. Rule seems overkill when you consider the capacity being a limiter.

As has been mentioned, SR4A opted not to go with the half armor rule. Half limbs, on the other hand, can be found on the first of the three tables on p.343 of SR4A - there are prices listed for full limbs, lower leg/arm (half a limb), and hands/feet.

+Quote Post
crizh
post Aug 26 2009, 02:19 AM
Post #14

Runner

Member No.: 15,722

In the name of the wee man!

For the n'th time, the original SR4A pdf did not include this rule.

Some weeks later it appeared out of thin air in the changes document.

Whether or not it actually appears in the revised pdf that subsequently replaced the original has never been confirmed by anyone.

I've only asked about five times already.

+Quote Post
Ustio
post Aug 26 2009, 08:07 AM
Post #15

Target

Member No.: 13,827

QUOTE ( SR4A p. 344)
Cyberlimb enhancements use up the Capacity of the cyberlimb they
enhance. There are four different types of enhancements available:
Body, Agility, Strength, or Armor enhancements. Physical Attribute
enhancements come in ratings equal to the Attribute bonus they provide.
Armor enhancements installed on cyberlimbs are both Ballistic
and Impact, and it is cumulative with all forms of worn armor.

Only bit of text referrign to armour and cyberlimbs i can find in the revised SR4a.

+Quote Post
crizh
post Aug 26 2009, 07:38 PM
Post #16

Runner

Member No.: 15,722

QUOTE (Ustio @ Aug 26 2009, 09:07 AM) *
Only bit of text referrign to armour and cyberlimbs i can find in the revised SR4a.

Cheers mate.

It would seem that the text in the changes doc is in error. I would not be surprised if it was a proof-reading error based on a play-testing draft...

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 04:00 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.