IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Counterspelling with Multiple Mages, Dev answer appreciated!
Andinel
post Aug 27 2009, 04:04 AM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,609

I can't seem to find the rule anywhere that multiple magicians counterspelling for the same person add their dice together on Spell Resistance tests. Can anyone point me to where I can find anything about cooperative counterspelling? If I can get a dev's answer, this would settle my problem very easily.
Thanks!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
kzt
post Aug 27 2009, 04:08 AM
Post #2

Great Dragon

Member No.: 9,234

It's a teamwork test. Can't look it up right now, but that's what it is.

+Quote Post
knasser
post Aug 27 2009, 06:43 AM
Post #3

Shadow Cartographer

Member No.: 8,636

QUOTE (kzt @ Aug 27 2009, 05:08 AM) *
It's a teamwork test. Can't look it up right now, but that's what it is.

You are correct. SR4A, pg.185 states to handle co-operative Spell Defence (what we are probably discussing here) as a teamwork test.

Fun Fact: In one of the adventures I have lined up, the PCs will encounter Fenrir wolves. Very large and vicious wolves that have counterspelling. One wolf alone might be susceptible to magic. A pack of them? A little less so. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

K.

+Quote Post
Andinel
post Aug 27 2009, 06:44 AM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 16,609

Ah, found it! Thanks.

+Quote Post
McAllister
post Aug 27 2009, 06:50 AM
Post #5

Moving Target

Member No.: 17,282

Teamwork is very inefficient, but if you start with a pack of 5, the alpha has 5 counterspelling (I have no idea what the number would be for those, I lack RW, so I'm guessing) and the rest have 4 counterspelling, thats around 4 hits on any given wolf's resistance test. If you put everything you've got into one stunball, maybe, but it'll be tricky.

+Quote Post
knasser
post Aug 27 2009, 07:05 AM
Post #6

Shadow Cartographer

Member No.: 8,636

QUOTE (McAllister @ Aug 27 2009, 07:50 AM) *
Teamwork is very inefficient, but if you start with a pack of 5, the alpha has 5 counterspelling (I have no idea what the number would be for those, I lack RW, so I'm guessing) and the rest have 4 counterspelling, thats around 4 hits on any given wolf's resistance test. If you put everything you've got into one stunball, maybe, but it'll be tricky.

A typical Fenrir wolf has only Counterspelling 3, so it's not very impressive, but I have no problem with giving the Alpha a higher rating. So with a pack of 5, they'll likely end up with an effective Counterspelling of 8 dice.

Yep, it can be beaten. But that's how I like things, not impossible, but enough that people need to seek out better ways of doing things.

K.

+Quote Post
Warlordtheft
post Aug 27 2009, 01:16 PM
Post #7

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 11,360

Just a little GM friendly advice-to make your life easy, for each wolf cunter spelling do the trade of 4 dice= 1 success for those contributing to the teamwork test. That way you aren't rolling all those dice just to figure out how many dice you need to roll.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:16 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.