Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Technical Help Needed With Contest
Zen Shooter01
post Sep 1 2009, 02:38 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,042

I'm trying to submit my entry to Tisoz's 2009 contest, but when I cut and paste it from a DOC file into a Dumpshock PM, I lose the italics. Does anyone know how to solve that problem?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dashifen
post Sep 1 2009, 02:46 PM
Post #2

Technomancer

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 3,374

You probably can't. Word (and other word processors) handle italics differently from web sites. You could convert it to a PDF, put it online somewhere, and then PM Tisoz a link to that PDF. That would retain the formatting you want, but I'm not sure if it violates the rules of his contest.

+Quote Post
knasser
post Sep 1 2009, 05:07 PM
Post #3

Shadow Cartographer

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,636

QUOTE (Zen Shooter01 @ Sep 1 2009, 03:38 PM) *
I'm trying to submit my entry to Tisoz's 2009 contest, but when I cut and paste it from a DOC file into a Dumpshock PM, I lose the italics. Does anyone know how to solve that problem?

I don't know if this will work, but try it anyway.
CODE
Save your document as HTML. Then open it in something older that only does text, like NotePad. Search and Replace all instances of "<i>" with "<i>[i]" and all instances of "</i>" with "[/i]</i>".

I think that's right. If not, check one of the words that you know is in italics, and then check what the <...> bits either side of it are.

Once you're done, re-open it in Word or in a browser, and copy-paste it. Hopefully it will have the stuff you need in it to make it work on the boards now.

HOWEVER, I don't know if tisoz can copy and paste it from a PM into a forum post and preserve the italics, so you might want to email it to him with your newly added
CODE
[i]
's in it.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 11:42 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.