IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> One vehicle stunt per chase turn?, What else can I do?
Veggiesama
post Sep 1 2009, 10:28 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,688

I just noticed that drivers can only perform 1 stunt per chase turn. Since my character has 4 IPs, and I have to spend one on making a Vehicle Test, I assumed that I could spend the remaining 3 on stacking up Maneuver bonuses. Unfortunately, I was wrong.

So... I have 3 extra IPs. My vehicle doesn't have mounted weapons (yet). What can I do besides shoot a gun out the window and/or twiddle my thumbs?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Summerstorm
post Sep 1 2009, 11:10 PM
Post #2

Running Target

Member No.: 17,225

Use your IP's to dodge incoming stuff. If you are chased, chance is they are shooting at you too... and you really don't want to get hit by a LAW, or do you? Also you could use the actions to hack stuff on the way *g* like traffic lights... or their vehicle.

Or play virtual speedchess with the technomancer while the others shoot stuff

+Quote Post
Telion
post Sep 2 2009, 01:46 AM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 8,547

Tune the radio,
Play your new dvd,
Wipe the windows,
Adjust your mirrors,
Blinkers and/or hazard lights.
reprogram the horn to play la cucaracha,
put your hand out the window and give the tail the finger,
Hum and scream loudly so the car sounds louder, thereby moving faster (your an orc right).

+Quote Post
IceKatze
post Sep 2 2009, 02:32 AM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 16,788

hi hi

Search your nav softs for a plate glass window factory and an outdoor fruit market.

+Quote Post
Malachi
post Sep 2 2009, 05:21 PM
Post #5

Running Target

Member No.: 12,350

QUOTE (IceKatze @ Sep 1 2009, 08:32 PM) *
hi hi

Search your nav softs for a plate glass window factory and an outdoor fruit market.

Or a Mime Convention.

Download the soundtrack from Gone in 60 Seconds (the 1970's version) and start playing it through your AR Surround Music.

+Quote Post
Kerrang
post Sep 2 2009, 06:39 PM
Post #6

Moving Target

Member No.: 17,088

Throw golf clubs at the mail truck chasing you!

Or, more seriously...
Launch a drone and command it to attack your pursuer(s).
Hack the Grid Guide on passing vehicles and have them join in on the fun.
Call Lone Star and tell them you are being chased by a homicidal maniac (provided you have a SIN, and no incriminating evidence in your vehicle.
Call your Go-Ganger contacts and tell them you are being chased by rival gang members.

Basically, the number of IPs you have will in no way increase the performance of your vehicle, but there are a wide variety of other thing you can do to effect the chase with those IPs.

+Quote Post
Veggiesama
post Sep 2 2009, 07:11 PM
Post #7

Moving Target

QUOTE (Summerstorm @ Sep 1 2009, 06:10 PM) *
Use your IP's to dodge incoming stuff.

I have some questions about this, since we had some issues last time we messed with full defense in vehicle combat...

1. If someone targets the driver (and not the vehicle) with an attack, can the driver take a Full Defense (rolling around in his seat, ducking under the steering wheel, etc.)? I'm assuming manual/AR mode, not VR.
2. Does evasive driving (SR4A p170) extend to my passengers or myself in any way, especially if an individual passenger is targeted by an attack? What about an AOE attack, like a rocket?

+Quote Post
Malachi
post Sep 2 2009, 07:14 PM
Post #8

Running Target

Member No.: 12,350

QUOTE (Veggiesama @ Sep 2 2009, 01:11 PM) *
I have some questions about this, since we had some issues last time we messed with full defense in vehicle combat...

1. If someone targets the driver (and not the vehicle) with an attack, can the driver take a Full Defense (rolling around in his seat, ducking under the steering wheel, etc.)? I'm assuming manual/AR mode, not VR.

Up to the GM. I believe there is a -4 penalty for dodging attacks while in a vehicle. Going on Full Defense means actively not controlling the vehicle anymore, and may cause the vehicle to crash.

2. Does evasive driving (SR4A p170) extend to my passengers or myself in any way, especially if an individual passenger is targeted by an attack? What about an AOE attack, like a rocket?

Up to the individual GM, but I would say so.

+Quote Post
Tymeaus Jalynsfe...
post Sep 3 2009, 01:21 AM
Post #9

Prime Runner Ascendant

Member No.: 17,022

My question would be..... How are they targeting you or your passengers? Polarized windows are your friend... you should never be targeted inside of a vehicle in the 2070's, your opposition should not be able to even see you... You are just asking for a manabolt that way...

+Quote Post
Ravor
post Sep 3 2009, 01:51 AM
Post #10

Cybernetic Blood Mage

Member No.: 8,361

Well to be fair, it isn't really all that hard to figure out where the driver would be, sans some serious bodywork of course. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cyber.gif)

+Quote Post
Tymeaus Jalynsfe...
post Sep 3 2009, 01:54 AM
Post #11

Prime Runner Ascendant

QUOTE (Ravor @ Sep 2 2009, 07:51 PM) *
Well to be fair, it isn't really all that hard to figure out where the driver would be, sans some serious bodywork of course. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cyber.gif)

Sure... but if you cannot see teh Driver, you cannot target the driver... the best you could do is target the driving compartment... at which point it is a Vehicle dodge, not an individual dodge...

+Quote Post
Ravor
post Sep 3 2009, 01:57 AM
Post #12

Cybernetic Blood Mage

Naw, at worst it should be handled using the blindfire rules.

+Quote Post
Tymeaus Jalynsfe...
post Sep 3 2009, 02:23 AM
Post #13

Prime Runner Ascendant

QUOTE (Ravor @ Sep 2 2009, 07:57 PM) *
Naw, at worst it should be handled using the blindfire rules.

I will have to disagree with this...

Though, against a non-moving vehicle, I might allow this... as a non-moving vehicle is in no way capable of "Dodging" or reacting to evade

+Quote Post
Ravor
post Sep 3 2009, 03:49 AM
Post #14

Cybernetic Blood Mage

To each their own, but I fail to see why you'd be ok with people targeting the driver through a normal windshield without calling it an attack against the car but the moment the glass is polarized you wouldn't, it seems to me like both attacks should be resolved in the same fashion, plus or minus whatever mods come into effect since it is the same attack.

+Quote Post
The Jake
post Sep 3 2009, 03:49 AM
Post #15

Shooting Target

Member No.: 872

I hate the fact that the Dodge skill is used in Vehicle Combat, not the Pilot skill.

Stupid stupid stupid.

- J.

+Quote Post
Veggiesama
post Sep 3 2009, 04:49 AM
Post #16

Moving Target

QUOTE (The Jake @ Sep 2 2009, 10:49 PM) *
I hate the fact that the Dodge skill is used in Vehicle Combat, not the Pilot skill.

AFAIK, this is not the case. You add +VehicleSkill when performing a full evasion (or +Defense autosoft).

+Quote Post
Kerrang
post Sep 3 2009, 02:01 PM
Post #17

Moving Target

It only takes one shot to remove the polarized windows from consideration. Next IP you are the target. Also, not every vehicle even has windows, my players like to tool around on motorcycles quite a bit.

Got IR? Polarized windows are going to do nothing to the IR spectrum, so that street sam with cybereyes is going to see you regardless. Which actually brings me to another point...

Polarized glass does not equal fully tinted/mirrored glass. I know that the BBB states that most windows in the game are polarized, thus preventing those behind them from being targeted by spellcasters, however, polarized glass IRL just reduces glare to the person behind the glass. In fact, once again in IRL, you can usually see the person behind polarized glass just fine unless you are just at the correct angle for the reflected light to be directed right back into your eyes (and you are not using polarization yourself.

+Quote Post
Garou
post Sep 3 2009, 05:15 PM
Post #18

Moving Target

Member No.: 15,955

Sure, but maybe they are truly opaque (come on, i' ve read somewhere that they made BRICKS transparent in a few buildings) and the view frow outside can be conveyed by a layer of light emitting material (such as led or liquid crystal or it's 2071 equivalent). I could even be done today, with recent OLED technology...

+Quote Post
Kerrang
post Sep 3 2009, 06:29 PM
Post #19

Moving Target

At that point we are no longer talking about polarized glass. I still play it the way the BBB suggests, but prefer to refer to it as tinted windows at my table. This eliminates the disconnect between the game and reality.

+Quote Post
Cain
post Sep 4 2009, 12:30 AM
Post #20

Grand Master of Run-Fu

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 178

The rules are pretty clear that you can target passengers with only a cover modifier.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:13 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.