Reply to this topicStart new topic
> More High Tech Predictions
[jackal]
post Sep 22 2009, 06:53 PM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,321

The Telegraph has an interesting article about future biotech 20 years from now.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tanegar
post Sep 23 2009, 06:16 AM
Post #2

Runner

Member No.: 9,731

Although everything Kurzweil describes would be incredibly awesome, I am skeptical that a) any of it will arrive that soon and b) that it will be widely available as opposed to the exclusive domain of the rich.

+Quote Post
Starmage21
post Sep 28 2009, 04:21 AM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 11,448

QUOTE (Tanegar @ Sep 23 2009, 01:16 AM) *
Although everything Kurzweil describes would be incredibly awesome, I am skeptical that a) any of it will arrive that soon and b) that it will be widely available as opposed to the exclusive domain of the rich.

NO procedure which lengthens the duration of our natural lives will EVER be the domain of the rich. Its too much of a freaking gold mine to any corporate entity dealing in banking, or insurance.

Consider shadowrun's Leonization. It costs 400,000 Nuyen. If you had a decent credit rating to begin with, any bank would be happy to loan you that money because now youre fit to work for another 30 years to pay it off.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 06:43 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.