Reply to this topicStart new topic
> peaceman's voice, Chong or jamaican?
limejello10512
post Sep 25 2009, 08:12 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,007

Any GM who doesn't give peaceman a funny voice is a retard.....Does anyone have any idea what peaceman sounds like? how should I play him? I originaly thought it might be funny to have him sound like chong but given his attire it occured to me that he might be Jamaican (course more like he's just be a poser)...anybody know?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TranKirsaKali
post Sep 25 2009, 08:18 PM
Post #2

Target

Member No.: 9,362

I have always heard him played as a Jamacian. No matter where I was playing missions,

+Quote Post
SaintHax
post Sep 25 2009, 08:47 PM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 6,602

I picture him more Chong as his text is written "Peace, man" instead of "Peace, mon"-- he's also listed as African American in stead of Jamaican. I actually picture him sounding like Jim Breuer's character from "Half Baked". Could be his description of liking puffed soy, and Jim's delivery of "... and Fun'ions! YEah!".

+Quote Post
Black Jack Rackh...
post Sep 25 2009, 09:00 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 8,202

Not an expert in the difference between Jamacian and Chong accents but SaintHax hit the nail on the head with the Jim Breuer example. That's actually who I thought of when I wrote him.

Mark

PS I should add, that, as far as I am concerned, as long as you play him as COMPLETELY baked every moment of the day, I consider that good enough.

+Quote Post
Caine Hazen
post Sep 25 2009, 10:27 PM
Post #5

MechRigger Delux

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 1,657

I'll always hear the voice Aaron did when we ran that adventure... it was true slowdown stoner.

+Quote Post
Cadmus
post Sep 26 2009, 06:16 AM
Post #6

Moving Target

Member No.: 8,304

I picture him dead,

as in the first chance I get that dosn't cost me money, I'm puting a burst of narco capsule rounds into him just becouse and then cuting off his head and sticking it in a cooler of dry ice, and then in the next modual when he calls me up i'm showing up to the meet with his own head, and if he dosn't amuse me i'm going to have two heads,

Thats how his voices sounds to me, (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

::giggles like a made man from the darkness::

+Quote Post
limejello10512
post Sep 26 2009, 12:11 PM
Post #7

Moving Target

Member No.: 10,007

"I picture him dead,

as in the first chance I get that dosn't cost me money, I'm puting a burst of narco capsule rounds into him just becouse and then cuting off his head and sticking it in a cooler of dry ice, and then in the next modual when he calls me up i'm showing up to the meet with his own head, and if he dosn't amuse me i'm going to have two heads,

Thats how his voices sounds to me, "

heh heh heh heh heh ......well there is a reason I wanted to play him as kind of a jack ass.

btw mark chong was a character in a movie called. If you've ever seen That 70's show...the aging hippe is chong.

+Quote Post
Black Jack Rackh...
post Sep 26 2009, 12:22 PM
Post #8

Moving Target

Member No.: 8,202

Ah TOMMY Chong. I thought perhaps it was a nationality I was unfamiliar with.

@Cadmus

I believe my work here is done.

Mark

+Quote Post
Wasabi
post Sep 27 2009, 07:12 PM
Post #9

Running Target

Member No.: 6,651

QUOTE (Black Jack Rackham @ Sep 26 2009, 08:22 AM) *
@Cadmus

I believe my work here is done.

LOL~!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th May 2024 - 05:35 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.