> Matrix stats of drones, Probably a dumb question
XON2000
post Oct 7 2009, 05:12 PM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,727

Hi.

I'm having trouble figuring out what to use for a drone's matrix stats. I understand that the Pilot rating stands in for System, but what about Response, Signal, and Firewall?

Thanks.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DWC
post Oct 7 2009, 05:16 PM
Post #2

Shooting Target

Member No.: 13,526

For a civilian drone, the Firewall, Response, and Signal will be 3, for a security one, it'll be 4, and for a military one, they will be 5. The difference between military and security is kind of tough to define, so I'd suggest taking it on a case by case basis rather than try to apply a sweeping rule for categorizing.

+Quote Post
XON2000
post Oct 7 2009, 05:20 PM
Post #3

Target

Thank you very much! Out of curiosity, can you tell me where to find that rule?

+Quote Post
Ryu
post Oct 7 2009, 08:05 PM
Post #4

Awakened Asset

Member No.: 7,309

Pg. 222 of The Precious.

+Quote Post
Garou
post Oct 7 2009, 08:11 PM
Post #5

Moving Target

Member No.: 15,955

I'd say Restricted Drones generally are Security, and drones with Forbiden parts or upgrades are Military - Only

+Quote Post
DWC
post Oct 7 2009, 08:26 PM
Post #6

Shooting Target

Member No.: 13,526

QUOTE (Garou @ Oct 7 2009, 04:11 PM) *
I'd say Restricted Drones generally are Security, and drones with Forbiden parts or upgrades are Military - Only

Good rule of thumb. Think I'm stealing this in the future.

+Quote Post
XON2000
post Oct 7 2009, 09:48 PM
Post #7

Target

QUOTE (Ryu @ Oct 7 2009, 01:05 PM) *
Pg. 222 of The Precious.

Thanks!

+Quote Post
Jaid
post Oct 8 2009, 04:05 AM
Post #8

Great Dragon

Member No.: 7,813

QUOTE (Garou @ Oct 7 2009, 03:11 PM) *

sadly not quite that straightforward. consider the crashcart autodoc, for example, which is clearly not a security drone, but is restricted. or the doberman, which clearly *is* a security drone, but is not restricted. the ferret is described as a perimiter drone, but is neither restricted nor forbidden. the modified GMC chariot is clearly not a military drone, but is forbidden availability. the akiyama and otomo are quite clearly a bit beyond security drones, but are only restricted. the GTS tower has a weapon mount, but is not restricted or forbidden, and is presumably either security or military. the tomino is restricted, and is a bit beyond security-grade. the neptune is not even restricted, but is listed as a surveillance drone for nuclear subs who can't afford to go into shallow water for fear of being detected, and being used as a security drone.

those are probably the main issues you will have with using your "R means security, F means military" theory. in general, your best bet is to just look at the specific drone and work it out.

+Quote Post
Garou
post Oct 8 2009, 06:51 PM
Post #9

Moving Target

Member No.: 15,955

QUOTE (Jaid @ Oct 8 2009, 04:05 AM) *
sadly not quite that straightforward. consider the crashcart autodoc, for example, which is clearly not a security drone, but is restricted. or the doberman, which clearly *is* a security drone, but is not restricted. the ferret is described as a perimiter drone, but is neither restricted nor forbidden. the modified GMC chariot is clearly not a military drone, but is forbidden availability. the akiyama and otomo are quite clearly a bit beyond security drones, but are only restricted. the GTS tower has a weapon mount, but is not restricted or forbidden, and is presumably either security or military. the tomino is restricted, and is a bit beyond security-grade. the neptune is not even restricted, but is listed as a surveillance drone for nuclear subs who can't afford to go into shallow water for fear of being detected, and being used as a security drone.

those are probably the main issues you will have with using your "R means security, F means military" theory. in general, your best bet is to just look at the specific drone and work it out.

Well, thatīs why i said drones e/o parts. I meant to include weapons. too. The dobberman nude surely is no security drone, but when you install a rifle on itīs body, it quickly becames much much more than a walker drone. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) The LMG surely is restricted. It would make sense to beef up the defenses on a drone like that, so it would get the military/security device rating.

That would work out for almost everything i guess.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 12:15 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.