Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Earthdawn timeline, IE backstory
Senchae
post Jan 30 2004, 02:21 AM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,638

Ok. For those of you who don't like SR/ED crossovers, just skip this thread. Really. Ok, now, if there are any ED experts about, maybe you could help me...

Aina and Aithne Oakforest grew up together in the Wyrm Wood (though he's also from Sereatha... contradictory? Or did he move to the WW when very young?). She wanders off to learn magic, goes too far too fast, attracts the Horror's attention. Scourge starts at 1000, she goes into a kaer andYsgrathe eats everyone in there except her.

Meanwhile the Wyrm Wood becomes the Blood Wood around 1265, and so AO had gotten married not too long before that, because his child, I believe, was still young. Both wife and child die in the Ritual.

Scourge officially ends in 1418, and the Blood Wood opens its borders a little around 1450ish. At some point after that, Aina returns to the Blood Wood, Aithne has his kid with the human, Aina takes it, it dies, and then later on has a kid with Aithne (Lily), and then Ysgrathe does his thing again. Do we know the timing for any of this? (Would that I read German...) Soon after the Scourge? Way later?

Meanwhile, Caimbeul was ambassador to Blood Wood around 1510ish, though when this started and ended is totally unknown as far as I can tell- I'm just assuming that the Blood Wood sourcebook takes place soon after Mists of Betrayal, which is 1506 IIRC. Were Aina and Caimbreul ever in the Blood Wood together?

Why am I curious about all this crap? Because some of the PCs in our game are looooooong distant descendants of a few of the IEs, and so the GMs are coming up with more of the backstory for them, to help define how they interact with each other and WHY. So I think we're wondering when the personal histories or Aina, Aithne, and Caimbeul overlap.

Also, I have end-of-fourth-age questions: Do we know when the Blood Wood explosively dePatterned? I assume it was before Thera explosively sank, and that that was after the IE's and Dragons had their conflict? (I don't even know that it was a fight per se, just that there was a conflict and Aina was the only IE on the Dragons' side.) So I'm guessing 4th Age ended around 3500 with Thera's sinking, the Blood Wood dePatterned somewhere between 2000 and 3400, and the elven/dragon conflict was one of the last big things to happen in the Age before Thera's fall. Does that sound right?

Thanks in advance to anyone who has any ideas, and nyeh in advance to anyone who posts just to tell me that havnig IEs running around in a campaign is stupid. :D
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kanada Ten
post Jan 30 2004, 02:32 AM
Post #2

Beetle Eater

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 2,826

...just that there was a conflict and Aina was the only IE on the Dragons' side.

Did any dragons side with the Elves?

+Quote Post
Ancient History
post Jan 30 2004, 02:35 AM
Post #3

Great Dragon

Member No.: 2,935

This 'un might help.

[/edit] I'd be more helpful, but 90% of the answers you seek either happen in the unknown period between ED and SR, or are in Caroline Spector's Please-God-Let-Them-Be-Published-THank-You-Your-Holiness-For-Listening ED novels.

+Quote Post
lorg
post Jan 30 2004, 10:20 AM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 625

lostearthdawn.com

They (scars and little treasure) should be out this summer and winter respectivly.

+Quote Post
Senchae
post Jan 30 2004, 07:26 PM
Post #5

Moving Target

QUOTE (Ancient History)
This 'un might help.

[/edit] I'd be more helpful, but 90% of the answers you seek either happen in the unknown period between ED and SR, or are in Caroline Spector's Please-God-Let-Them-Be-Published-THank-You-Your-Holiness-For-Listening ED novels.

The other GM and I are already using a lot out of the Alaimase conspiracy, so yes it's quite helpful, and yet, not so much so for these specific questions. As you point out. And some of it we're not using (Sean Laverty was born in the 5th world, in our game, for instance...) But anyway. I guess I was just hoping to either get one of those few who had read the Please-God novels, and to see if anyone knew the actual timing of the End of the World events. :)

But thanks for the convenient link to the Conspiracy, I keep having to search for it.

+Quote Post
northern lights
post Jan 30 2004, 10:08 PM
Post #6

Moving Target

Member No.: 5,929

this thread sheds a bit of light on the release schedule being set back abit.

gods know that i can't wait tho

+Quote Post
northern lights
post Jan 30 2004, 10:10 PM
Post #7

Moving Target

Member No.: 5,929

http://invision.dumpshock.com/index.php?showtopic=2176

this thread sheds a bit of light on the release schedule being set back abit.

gods know that i can't wait tho

+Quote Post
Senchae
post Feb 4 2004, 12:17 AM
Post #8

Moving Target

One quick question- what canon source mentions that the Blood Wood dePatterns? Was it WWE? It isn't explicitly mentioned in Aunty H's crossovers page.

Anybody know?

+Quote Post
Ancient History
post Feb 4 2004, 01:12 AM
Post #9

Great Dragon

Member No.: 2,935

Nothing does, sonny. It's one of my assumptions.

+Quote Post
Senchae
post Feb 4 2004, 06:13 PM
Post #10

Moving Target

QUOTE (Ancient History)
Nothing does, sonny.  It's one of my assumptions.

Oh. Oh dear. How amusing. Well then, thank you. We're using more of your conspiracy theory than I had realized. :D

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th July 2024 - 12:14 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.