IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> GM's Toolbox-Contacts, Contacts for the rest of us.
Degausser
post Oct 19 2009, 06:35 AM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,698

While looking through the contacts in the BBB (and Even the ones in contacts and Adventures), I found that there are only a handful. While the bulk of them do a good job detailing MOST contacts people would want, well, there is always room for more. Stat up any contacts you want here, especially if you think the book doesn't do a good job of providing alternatives.

Drug Dealer:
Uses: Buying illegal drugs, Street Info, Underground info
Places to meet: Streets of a Z zone, crack houses, Gang Turf
Similar contacts: Standard Ganger, Street Snitch
Okay, so you want drugs, who do you go to? Well, if it's any kind of illegal, you can hit up the drug dealer. He's got his fingers in as many pies as he can, and what drugs he can't get for you, he can find someone who will. His fees might be a bit high, but he always comes through with the stuff, and hey, the first hit is always free.
Most Dealers belong to a gang, or are at least cozy with one so that they don't mind him pushing his product in their territory. But it's not just brainbenders he's throwin' out, you hear a lot of info when you have your ear to the ground, and most druggies who say it are too buzzed to member who they leaked the information to.
The absolute best way to get on a drug dealer's good side is to be a druggie yourself. Failing that, being good in with the gang they work for is a good way. Lastly, you can simply pay them for their time and info, most dealers don't care how they get your money, all they want is the cash and the promise that you will come back for more.

B A R S C I L W EDG ESS Init IP
2 2 4 2 4 3 2 4 2 5.5 7 1

Active Skils: Pistols 3, Social Group 3, Perception 2, Medicine 1, First Aid 1
Knowledge Skills: Street Drugs: 5, Gang Turf 4, Underworld Politics 2, Local Area Knowledge (Home City) 3
Cyberware: Datajack, ChipJack, Headware Comlink (Rating 3, fitted for BTL/Hotsim)
Stuff: Rancor Sting, Colt America on Hidden Gunarm Slide, Armor 4/3

Ancients Smuggler
Uses: Smuggling Info, Illegal goods, Smuggling Jobs
Places to meet: Local Ancients hangout, Online
Similar Contacts: Go-Ganger, Professional Smuggling crew
The Ancients are a group of elves dedicated to making themselves the next big syndicate, and some say they are already there. However, it is tough for them to shed their go-ganging roots, and they still attract a lot of elves with more bike parts than brains. Some though, are wholey dedicated to making more money and proving their worth to the underground community. These smugglers are branching out as much as they can, selling what they steal, and hoping to get to play with the big boys. Now if only they could keep their foot-soldiers in line.

3 4 4 2 3 3 2 3 2 5.2 7 1

Active Skills: Pilot-Wheeled Vehicle (Motorcycle) 4(+2), Automotive Mechanic: 2, Automatics 3, Perception 2
Knowledge Skills: Smuggling routs: 4, Gang Turf: 3, Underground Politics: 3, Import/Export Laws: 2, Police tactics: 3
Cyberware: Smuggling Compartment, Datajack, Control Rig
Stuff: Styer TMP (and ammo), Comlink (rating 3), Suped up racing bike (Contrail) Riding armor (4/7)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Degausser
post Oct 19 2009, 07:17 PM
Post #2

Moving Target

Gun Runner
Uses: Smuggling, Underworld Info, Illegal firepower
Places to meet: Docks, local watering hole, Warehouses
Similar Contacts: Drug smuggler, dirty military quartermaster
Let's face it, 'runners need guns. Some runners need lots of guns, and this is where the gun runner comes into play. They can get guns from point A to point B, procure guns for anyone, or even (occasionally) smuggle other, 'non-firearm' related goods (such as shadowrunners).
Most Gun Runners run a fixed route, from where they can get their hands on guns, to where they can sell them. Some resort to piracy, but most simply buy from an illegal manufacturer or have a deal where they can get guns for cheap from places with low firearm taxes, or countries that support a company's ability to make guns cheaply.

B:2 A:3 R:3 S:2 C:3 I:4 L:3 W:3 EDG:2 ESS:5 Init:7(9) IP:1
Active Skills: Armorer: 3(Firearms+2), Pilot-[choose one] 4, Mechanic[Same as pilot]:2, Firearms Group:3, Perception:1, Heavy Weapons: 3, Gunnery:2
Knowledge Skills: Smuggling routs: 3, Jurisdiction Law: 2, Police Tactics 3, Firearm Design: 3, Weapons: 4
Cyberware: Reaction Enhancers x2, Vehicle Control Rig, Datajack, Implanted Comlink (Rating 3)
Stuff: Glasses with Smartlink, Skinlink, just about any common weapon (Smartlinked), Comlink loaded with Rigging programs like ECCM and Command

Ork Underground Shopkeep
Uses: Ork Underground info, general goods, safehouses
Places to meet: Their house, their shop, favorite watering hole
Similar contacts: Shopkeep for any marginalized group.
Rich and luxourious they are not, but the Ork Underground Shopkeep is like a pillar of their community. In places that the corps have deemed "uninvestable" these brave people stand up and squeak by while providing a much-needed service to their community, wheather they run a food shop or a clothing store, or even a general store, most of the local neighborhood relies on these individuals for their goods and services. This makes these guys tight with the community, and in the know for most of the common chat around town. Also, contrary to popular belief, it is very useful to have a contact that will sell you basic things like clothes, food, and a replacement commlink when the 'Star is looking for you.

B:4 A:3 R:3 S:2 C:4 I:3 L:2 W:4 EDG:2 ESS:5.9 Init:6 IP:1
Active Skills: Influence Group 3, Computer Group 2, Perception 3, Pistols 1
Knowledge Skills: Business 4, Ork Underground: 4, Hate Groups 3, Lone Star Procedures: 2, Megacorp Politics: 3
Cyberware: Datajack
Stuff: Rating 3 Commlink (with Rating 3 Agent, accounting programs, and Rating 6 firewall), Colt America, Store's worth of goods.

+Quote Post
cndblank
post Oct 19 2009, 08:31 PM
Post #3

Running Target

Member No.: 7,685

Trunk (Ancients Arms dealer)
Blond and tall even for an elf, she knows you want what she's got. Loves big toys with all the accessories so expect her to be packing some thing heavily modified. Same goes for her bike.

As Ancients Smuggler with Charisma 5, Logic 3, Etiquette (Street): 3 (+2), Negotiation (Dealing): 4 (+2), SMG specialization on the Automatics, and KS Weapons: 4

Does the deal on her bike under an overpass or at a fast food restaurant with a couple of Ancients keeping watch. Provides a PW, you sign in and can check out the goods in AR.

The goods will be in the trunk of some old clunker nearby driven by an underage Ancients wannabe (or a van for larger deals) down by the barrens (also with a couple of Ancients keeping watch).
You make the deal, Trunk will tell you where to meet him (usually some place not out in the open but with plenty of exits). He pops the trunk. You inspect the goods, If they match the AR specs you agreed on then you provide the agreed cred and they are yours.

Regulars can get a purchase delivered but it costs.

Trunk is very good at not getting caught. Last time someone tried to lift a shipment, the whole car blew up (the loss of the weapons was worth it to make a statement).

Ancients Smuggler (By Degausser)
Uses: Smuggling Info, Illegal goods, Smuggling Jobs
Places to meet: Local Ancients hangout, Online
Similar Contacts: Go-Ganger, Professional Smuggling crew
The Ancients are a group of elves dedicated to making themselves the next big syndicate, and some say they are already there. However, it is tough for them to shed their go-ganging roots, and they still attract a lot of elves with more bike parts than brains. Some though, are wholey dedicated to making more money and proving their worth to the underground community. These smugglers are branching out as much as they can, selling what they steal, and hoping to get to play with the big boys. Now if only they could keep their foot-soldiers in line.

3 4 4 2 3 3 2 3 2 5.2 7 1

Active Skills: Pilot-Wheeled Vehicle (Motorcycle) 4(+2), Automotive Mechanic: 2, Automatics 3, Perception 2
Knowledge Skills: Smuggling routs: 4, Gang Turf: 3, Underground Politics: 3, Import/Export Laws: 2, Police tactics: 3
Cyberware: Smuggling Compartment, Datajack, Control Rig
Stuff: Styer TMP (and ammo), Comlink (rating 3), Suped up racing bike (Contrail) Riding armor (4/7)

+Quote Post
Degausser
post Oct 20 2009, 12:33 AM
Post #4

Moving Target

Feel free to drop in with your own contacts!

Chop Shop Mechanic
Uses: Vehicle Repair, Vehicle Mods, Buying/selling Used Vehicles, Street Info
Places to meet: Illegal Garage, Drag Strip, Illegal Street Races
Similar Contacts: Shady Mechanic, Ganger Mechanic
When you need someone to set you up with a sweet ride, or a quiet place to dispose of a hot ride yourself, these guys are the masters of taking apart, rebuilding, and de-licencing anything and everything you could want. Whether they are an independent operator, or part of a group, these guys know who to steal from, how to get the car 'lost,' and how to fix up just about any ride. Just make sure to leave yours at home, lest they take that one too!

B:2 A:3 R:3 S:2 C:3 I:3 L:4 W:2 EDG:2 ESS:4.9 Init:6 IP:1
Active Skills: Pilot-Groundcraft: 3, Mechanic-Automotive:5, Negotiate: 3, Intimidate: 3, Longarms:2
Knowledge Skills: Automotive Engineering: 3, Gang Turf: 3, Gang Identification: 4, Cars Models: 4 (High Performance)+2
Cyberware: Datajack, Skillwires (Rating 5)
Stuff: Glasses with Vision Mag&Smartlink, Defiance T250 (w/Smartlink) Skillsofts (Rating 5) Mechanic-Nautical, Mechanic-Aeronautic,

+Quote Post
Saint Sithney
post Oct 20 2009, 11:27 AM
Post #5

Runner

Member No.: 17,722

Wannabe Shadowrunner
Uses: Patsy, Backup, Safehouse
Places to Meet: Back alley bar, Secluded lot, Barrens Apartment, Broad daylight
Similar Contacts: Ganger, Goon
It's more like you're this guy's contact and not the other way around. The Wannabe is a never-was loner who either didn't have the self-discipline or circumstances to really make it in the shadows. Not even connected enough to qualify as a bottom-feeder. Still, he likes to think he's a badass and plugged in. You think that's a little pathetic, but potentially useful. He fits the part well enough to fool a casual observer and shoot the casual interloper. Meet up with the Wannabe in public to create a red herring. Things got too hot and you don't want to risk potentially leading the fuzz back to your digs? Crash his. Plant his DNA at the scene of the crime to set his chump ass up in your stead. Basically, he's a willing tool, at your disposal. Just don't trust any of his "information" since he's plugged into the collective sum of all the world's disinfo. Hell, he doesn't even know your "real" name.

B:4 A:3(5) R:3(4) S:3(5) C:1 I:2 L:2 W:2 EDG:3 ESS:1 Init:6 IP:2
Active Skills: Firearms: 3, Survival: 2, Blades: 2, Shadowing: 3, Demolition(improvised): 1
Knowledge Skills: Firearms: 4, Chemistry: 3, Military: 2, Desert Wars: 3
Cyberware: Datajack, Wired Reflexes 1, Cybereyes 2(Smart, Therm, L-L, Flare), Muscle replacement 2.
Stuff: Ares Predator IV, Ingram Smartgun X, Ruger 100 (w/ scope), Remington 990, Lined Coat, Fake license 3

+Quote Post
Degausser
post Oct 20 2009, 07:41 PM
Post #6

Moving Target

QUOTE (Saint Sithney @ Oct 20 2009, 07:27 AM) *
Wannabe Shadowrunner
Uses: Patsy, Backup, Safehouse
Places to Meet: Back alley bar, Secluded lot, Barrens Apartment, Broad daylight
Similar Contacts: Ganger, Goon
It's more like you're this guy's contact and not the other way around. The Wannabe is a never-was loner who either didn't have the self-discipline or circumstances to really make it in the shadows. Not even connected enough to qualify as a bottom-feeder. Still, he likes to think he's a badass and plugged in. You think that's a little pathetic, but potentially useful. He fits the part well enough to fool a casual observer and shoot the casual interloper. Meet up with the Wannabe in public to create a red herring. Things got too hot and you don't want to risk potentially leading the fuzz back to your digs? Crash his. Plant his DNA at the scene of the crime to set his chump ass up in your stead. Basically, he's a willing tool, at your disposal. Just don't trust any of his "information" since he's plugged into the collective sum of all the world's disinfo. Hell, he doesn't even know your "real" name.

B:4 A:3(5) R:3(4) S:3(5) C:1 I:2 L:2 W:2 EDG:3 ESS:1 Init:6 IP:2
Active Skills: Firearms: 3, Survival: 2, Blades: 2, Shadowing: 3, Demolition(improvised): 1
Knowledge Skills: Firearms: 4, Chemistry: 3, Military: 2, Desert Wars: 3
Cyberware: Datajack, Wired Reflexes 1, Cybereyes 2(Smart, Therm, L-L, Flare), Muscle replacement 2.
Stuff: Ares Predator IV, Ingram Smartgun X, Ruger 100 (w/ scope), Remington 990, Lined Coat, Fake license 3

That's just mean . . . and funny!

+Quote Post
Degausser
post Oct 26 2009, 06:01 AM
Post #7

Moving Target

Professor of Magic
Uses: Magical Theories, Information on the magical community, Talismans
Places to meet: Lecture Hall, College office, College diner
Similar Contacts: Magical Authority from any tradition.
The Professor of Magic has taken his mediocre, some would say laughable, skill in magic and used it to become one of the foremost authorities on the subject. He uses his massive intelect and limited view of the astral to see what other mages take for granted. He has become, in essence, the man who sees all there is to see about the 'normal' faces of magic. And all of it works towards his greater theory of a theory that unites all magical traditions.

B:2 A:3 R:2 S:2 C:4 I:3 L:6W:3 EDG:2 ESS:6 Mag: 1 Init:5 IP:1
Active Skills: Assensing: 6, Instruction: 3, Computer: 2, Data Search: 2, Perception:1
Knowledge Skills: Magical Theory: 6, Magical Academia:4, College Bureaucracy: 3, Current Events:3 (Magic Related+2), Soccer:1 (College Teams+2)
Qualities: Spirit Knack (Astral Perception)
Stuff: Commlink (Rating 3) Firewall (Rating 6), Trodes, AR glasses, Various Programs (Analyse, Browse, command, etc.)

+Quote Post
post Oct 26 2009, 06:09 AM
Post #8

Moving Target

Member No.: 326

QUOTE (Degausser @ Oct 20 2009, 07:41 PM) *
That's just mean . . . and funny!

Worse, I'm pretty sure I know, like, three of this guy. In real life, I mean. It's uncanny.

+Quote Post
Saint Sithney
post Oct 26 2009, 10:03 AM
Post #9

Runner

Member No.: 17,722

Heh, I got the idea from the Netrunner CCG.
Weeflerunner Apprentice - Grants extra turn with limited resources, burn Weeflerunner to prevent any amount of meat damage.

I've been meaning to do a series of contacts based on Tir Tanagire drug runners who've become unemployed with the opening up of their borders. There's plenty of rough work to be had there. New people moving into established markets. I remember what that was like after all the Mexican laborers showed up in New Orleans after the storm and tried to set up conflicting trade structures without regard for how business was done. Still a dirty scene, that.

I'll post them up as I finish them if anyone is interested.

+Quote Post
Neraph
post Oct 26 2009, 05:26 PM
Post #10

Great Dragon

Member No.: 16,387

Meet Yvonne, the Troll Stripper. A character in my group is currently dating her.

[ Spoiler ]

Here's a Holistic Shaman that the group... Aquired.
[ Spoiler ]

And here's Jennifer Colins, the Talislegger:
[ Spoiler ]

+Quote Post
Degausser
post Oct 26 2009, 05:38 PM
Post #11

Moving Target

QUOTE (Neraph @ Oct 26 2009, 12:26 PM) *
Meet Yvonne, the Troll Stripper. A character in my group is currently dating her.

Snip

Two things with Yvone.

1) I believe Dance is under Artisan, not Gymnastics. Well, except for rhythmic gymnastics, and I doubt a troll stripper has the floorspace to be doing that.
2) A datajack means she has a DNI. She doesn't need a trode rig to interact with her commlink. Technically, she doesn't need AR gloves either, but they do provide a tactile sensation that the datajack doesn't, so I can see her having those.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 03:18 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.