Reply to this topicStart new topic
> TM drugs, see the matrix
Radical-B
post Oct 23 2009, 03:09 PM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,261

I know there's drugs that let you astral project, but are there any drugs that can let you "see" the matrix like TM's?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Prime Mover
post Oct 23 2009, 03:15 PM
Post #2

Shooting Target

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 9,313

None that I recall seeing. But theres been a few mentions of drugs that suppress TM abilities.

Edit: Technically you could get an AR or simsense feed from the TM to "tag" along in the matrix. I do know that it is specifically stated that doesn't work when the TM is in a resonance realm,no tagging along for that.

+Quote Post
AndyZ
post Oct 26 2009, 10:37 PM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 17,444

Would make an interesting storyline if you made one up.

+Quote Post
WyldKnight
post Oct 26 2009, 10:42 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 17,140

But would it be a drug or some sort of hardware/software combination? Maybe both? The tech feeds the information while the drug modifies your brain to understand it?

+Quote Post
EvilP
post Oct 26 2009, 11:21 PM
Post #5

Target

Member No.: 10,024

Awakened drugs can grant magical effects to mundanes, but how do you create a resonance drug? I don't think it would be a chemical.

Perhaps there is a BTL hot sim cooked up by a technomancer sitting at a Tokyo core router that can temporarily let a person see and feel the matrix like a technomancer while the sim runs? Hacking your brain so to speak.

+Quote Post
Ayeohx
post Oct 27 2009, 03:37 AM
Post #6

Moving Target

Member No.: 9,402

Nanites baby! Instead of a drug use an injection of nanites that creates temporary pathways in the subjects brain to emulate a TM's capabilities. Seriously though, corporations are still trying to figure out what makes a TM tick; creating drugs and nanites would probably require that to happen first. Course that's a whole 'nother run.

Now, if you wanted to use the nanite injection idea to create a very low level commlink in someone's head I don't see why not. It wouldn't be too far fetched give the tech so far in SR.

+Quote Post
Udoshi
post Oct 27 2009, 03:45 AM
Post #7

Runner

Member No.: 17,566

A TM with the Simrig complex for from unwired could probably export what he's seeing for his teammates to ride along, so to speak.

+Quote Post
Xahn Borealis
post Oct 27 2009, 05:14 PM
Post #8

Shooting Target

Member No.: 17,007

I can see some corp trying to copypaste a TM's genes and make it into a genetic infusion like in Augmentation. I can definitely see some idiot trying this and ending up with AIPS or something.

+Quote Post
Prime Mover
post Oct 27 2009, 06:05 PM
Post #9

Shooting Target

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 9,313

IRC There is a mention of a corp (several corps) attempting to create TM hitcher jack of some kind.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 04:44 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.