IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> PC addicted to tempo (SPOILERS), Help! One of my PCs is addicted!
The Jake
post Oct 24 2009, 12:11 AM
Post #1

Shooting Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 872

DON'T READ THIS THREAD IF YOU ARE PLAYING GHOST CARTELS!!!

[ Spoiler ]

- J.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tymeaus Jalynsfe...
post Oct 24 2009, 12:51 AM
Post #2

Prime Runner Ascendant

Member No.: 17,022

QUOTE (The Jake @ Oct 23 2009, 06:11 PM) *
DON'T READ THIS THREAD IF YOU ARE PLAYING GHOST CARTELS!!!

[ Spoiler ]

- J.

Not knowing what Tempo is, WHat are the Downsides other than the Addiction itself?

Keep the Faith

+Quote Post
The Jake
post Oct 24 2009, 12:58 AM
Post #3

Shooting Target

Have you played or are you intending on playing in Ghost Cartels?

Don't want to spoil it if you intend on doing either.

- J.

+Quote Post
Tymeaus Jalynsfe...
post Oct 24 2009, 01:47 AM
Post #4

Prime Runner Ascendant

QUOTE (The Jake @ Oct 23 2009, 06:58 PM) *
Have you played or are you intending on playing in Ghost Cartels?

Don't want to spoil it if you intend on doing either.

- J.

Not sure... the GM has made some noises about Ghost Cartels, but we are currently pretty deeply enmeshed in Emergence for the forseeable future...

Keep the Faith

+Quote Post
Backgammon
post Oct 24 2009, 02:38 AM
Post #5

Ain Soph Aur

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 600

[ Spoiler ]

+Quote Post
The Jake
post Oct 24 2009, 04:27 AM
Post #6

Shooting Target

Backgammon -
[ Spoiler ]

Tymeus, sorry mate - I won't spoil it for you. I'd recommend you avoid the thread as it WILL spoil the game for you - if you ever decide to play it.

- J.

+Quote Post
Degausser
post Oct 24 2009, 05:04 AM
Post #7

Moving Target

Member No.: 11,698

Without SPOILING ANYTHING, The addiction that comes from ghost cartels doesn't give the player BP, so kicking the habit is not as hard as kicking a habit from the BPs at character creation (at least, I would rule that). I would rule that, if the person makes it through the campaign without killing themselves from an overdose, that they would suffer the withrawl symptoms from their level of addiction for a while, then be over it. The duration of the withdrawl should be inconvenient, but not debilitating.

Off the top of my head:
Mild:2 weeks
Moderate: 3 Weeks
Severe: 4 weeks
Burnout: 6 weeks.

If ever introduced to Tempo again, they would get the addiction again but . . . well it would fall into the category of spoilers so I'll say no more.

[ Spoiler ]

+Quote Post
The Jake
post Oct 24 2009, 06:12 AM
Post #8

Shooting Target

Degausser/Backgammon -

You two are correct. See p. 59
[ Spoiler ]

Thanks for the clarification guys.

Does anyone know what happens to KondOrchid after the events of GC? I have it on good authority that RAM is acquired by Aztechnology but it is hinted that they are also acquired by Aztechnology (see Glasswalker's comments, p. 44).

Does that sound right?

- J.

+Quote Post
Backgammon
post Oct 24 2009, 08:34 PM
Post #9

Ain Soph Aur

I don't believe there's any further material on KonOrchid's fate. I would assume various parts of its operations get bought up by other corps here and there. Why are you asking? Something specific in mind?

+Quote Post
The Jake
post Oct 24 2009, 10:04 PM
Post #10

Shooting Target

QUOTE (Backgammon @ Oct 24 2009, 09:34 PM) *
I don't believe there's any further material on KonOrchid's fate. I would assume various parts of its operations get bought up by other corps here and there. Why are you asking? Something specific in mind?

My PCs are looking to build up their arms dealing business. They're in the middle of growing out their small arms dealing operation across North America, with a contact in an A rated medical company and they've already mentioned they'd like to grow it to AA status to claim exterritorality if they can. It's all speculation and wishful thinking at this point but if they even have a whiff of being able to buy off sections of it, I'm sure they would try.

- J.

+Quote Post
Tymeaus Jalynsfe...
post Oct 25 2009, 12:06 AM
Post #11

Prime Runner Ascendant

QUOTE (The Jake @ Oct 24 2009, 03:04 PM) *
My PCs are looking to build up their arms dealing business. They're in the middle of growing out their small arms dealing operation across North America, with a contact in an A rated medical company and they've already mentioned they'd like to grow it to AA status to claim exterritorality if they can. It's all speculation and wishful thinking at this point but if they even have a whiff of being able to buy off sections of it, I'm sure they would try.

- J.

That is pretty ambitious... tell them Good Luck, and let us know how it works out for 'em...

Keep the Faith

+Quote Post
Backgammon
post Oct 25 2009, 03:12 PM
Post #12

Ain Soph Aur

How the hell can a handful of criminal guys make an A corp, much less a AA? Assuming they could, why the fuck are they shadowrunning? Their multi-million salaries not enough?

+Quote Post
The Jake
post Oct 27 2009, 11:22 PM
Post #13

Shooting Target

QUOTE (Backgammon @ Oct 25 2009, 03:12 PM) *
How the hell can a handful of criminal guys make an A corp, much less a AA? Assuming they could, why the fuck are they shadowrunning? Their multi-million salaries not enough?

Yeah, well, so far they haven't. Its all a pipe dream atm. They think they can do it. So I let them dream.

To put it in perspective, their company has a single base of operations in Seattle and starting to set up shop in New Orleans and trying to figure out how they can ship in stuff from New Orleans (cross international borders). That's it. They're leveraging off an A-rated medical company who is also doing dodgy deals and willing to throw them cash under the table to help make it happen and use their shipping routes/channels where they can.

And you are dead on correct however. Even if they somehow achieve that, running would become largely redundant. If it ever gets to a point they are making that much money off their arms sales (atm I'm liberally applying Blackjack's Law of Money so its kinda moot), it would either change the tone of the campaign dramatically or I would pretty much end it there.

- J.

+Quote Post
nylanfs
post Oct 27 2009, 11:32 PM
Post #14

Moving Target

Member No.: 16,576

You know what would be fun, if they get to that level. Say that you would like to take a break from the high-powered group for a while and have everyone make new runners, then have the new runners make some runs on the up and coming corp for their rivals. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Hopefully you can do it suble enough that they don't realise what they are doing at first and then start switching back between the groups and make them play against them selves. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
Ascalaphus
post Nov 2 2009, 12:00 PM
Post #15

Runner

Member No.: 17,814

Well, there are some NPC former shadowrunners in several AAA corps, even as shareholders.. I'd say that for powerful runners, getting a chuck of a Mega could be doable. Blackmail the right person, edit some last testament and will disposition of shares, or profit from "Dunkelzahn 2"... (Of course, people will be pissed off. Survival isn't assured.)

+Quote Post
The Jake
post Nov 3 2009, 02:39 AM
Post #16

Shooting Target

I have more than a few plot hooks in mind for these characters and their arms dealing business. I have no shortage of ideas there. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) Just because they have an arms dealing business NOW doesn't mean they will be able to hold onto it forever. They're also very conscious of that the more of the business they control, the more of a target is painted on their heads.

- J.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 11:44 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.