> Shapeshifters, pain sponge? and other questions
Red-ROM
post Oct 26 2009, 12:55 AM
Post #1

Shooting Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,787

ok, gm'ing for my 1st shapeshifter.
regeneration seems less broken than 3rd, but I had a couple of questions...
if they take the phys ad quality, does that give them a total starting magic of 1 or 2(because they have one already)?

also, if they take empathetic healing, where they absorb damage from another person, can they regenerate said damage?

any other painfull surprises lurking in my future with this character?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ancient History
post Oct 26 2009, 02:18 AM
Post #2

Great Dragon

Member No.: 2,935

QUOTE (Red-ROM @ Oct 26 2009, 12:55 AM) *
ok, gm'ing for my 1st shapeshifter.
regeneration seems less broken than 3rd, but I had a couple of questions...
if they take the phys ad quality, does that give them a total starting magic of 1 or 2(because they have one already)?

Magic 1

also, if they take empathetic healing, where they absorb damage from another person, can they regenerate said damage?

Nope! It's from an adept power, so it's magical damage, which you can't regenerate.

any other painfull surprises lurking in my future with this character?

You might regenerate, but wound modifiers still apply for for whatever damage you haven't regenerated yet. Nasty little GM trick that, can be very important.

+Quote Post
Patrick the Gnom...
post Oct 26 2009, 02:39 AM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 16,863

The big advantage to regeneration is that most wounds between fights get healed, so players end up like the energizer bunny. Most fights in shadowrun are so quick anyway that healing at the end of a combat round *probably* isn't going to affect a fight's outcome that much. If you find, however, that your PCs are taking recklessness to a whole new level with their uber healing abilities, remember, regeneration has weaknesses. Headshots and magic damage can't be regen'd, plus I can think of a few industrial uses of silver that could be a major pain for a shapeshifting shadowrunner.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 08:25 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.