IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Quick Question on strike teams, Who and what are they?
Degausser
post Oct 26 2009, 08:07 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,698

Okay, I know that almost all (if not all) megacorps have their own version of commandos. Some are more famous than others. Thing is, I'd like a list, just to have for reference (since I can't find a condensed list of all of them.) I was wondering if people could fill in the gaps, and maybe explain a little behind each of the strike teams, or at least give me a theme.

Here are the ones I know so far:

EDIT: Added a few more

Ares: Both Knight Errant (Sort of like Lone Star) and Firewatch teams. Firewatch teams focus on firearms, and are busy looking like Christian Bale
(a.k.a. they are developing the "Equilibrium" martial art.)
Aztechnology: Leopard and Jaguar teams. Very close-knit group, a few members per team. Lots of Aztec-themed stuff, and lots of awakened.
Evo: Acording to the same Hungarian Website that had the Kami No Bush (below), they have a team called the "Hunters."
Horizon: Dawkins group, a social network of people (mostly social adepts) who stop propaganda and put down dangerous 'memes.' Some rumors say that they are as combat-capable and well equipped as Red Sams, but far more willing to talk their way out of stuff. (Enclaves, p.41)
MCT: No idea. They've got to have SOMETHING though. . .
Neo-Net: Again, nothing. I am assuming they have some super-nasty combat hackers, but dunno if they have much in the way of meat-stuff.
Ranraku: You're kidding, right? Red Samurai.
S-K: S-K Prime, an entire division dedicated to black ops 'cleanup.' Anyone have a referance for this?
Shaiwase: According to a couple people (and one Hungarian website) they have the Kami no Bushi (which is Japanese for the "Warriors of the spirits" or "Warriors of the gods," depending on how you want to translate it.) Six man groups, 2 adepts, 2 mages, 2 Street Sams. Like the red samurai, they have a samurai theme. Anyone have a referance for this?
Wuxing: Again, no idea. If I had to wager a guess, I would assume that they use lots of magical recourses, especially if they are of Chinese ancestry, and use either taoism or Buddhism as a tradition (and that's not me being racist or anything. In Corporate Enclaves, it says that Wuxing employs lots of these guys when determining chi lines to set up offices and stuff.)

The Hungarian Website doesn't have referances, so I can't tell if it was something someone made up, or if it's cannon. Here is the link, but you will have to use a webservice to translate it (unless, of course, you speak Hungarian.)

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=e...NUS350%26sa%3DG
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
the_real_elwood
post Oct 26 2009, 09:09 PM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 16,349

Aztechnology has the Jaguar and Leopard guards. I think the Jaguar guards are the more elite of the two. I'm actually not sure if the Jaguar and Leopard guards wear Aztechnology or Aztlan markings, but the two are basically the same thing. There's also a lot of magically active folks in the Jaguar and Leopard guards.

The Firewatch teams were extensively involved in the Chicago debacle. It was a Firewatch team that set off the nuke in the main hive in Chicago, and Firewatch teams were the ones in the city cleaning out the smaller hives before the whole thing went down. Also, it was a Firewatch team that got trapped in the city that set up the Wrigley Dome haven in the Chicago Containment Zone.

+Quote Post
Malachi
post Oct 26 2009, 09:20 PM
Post #3

Running Target

Member No.: 12,350

QUOTE (Degausser @ Oct 26 2009, 02:07 PM) *
Horizon: I am sure they have SOMETHING, but the seem (SEEM) the least militaristic of the megacorps. They may not have anything special.

Corporate Enclaves (p. 41) states that "The closest thing that Horizon has to a black-ops division is The Dawkins Group." From the description, they are not the same kind of "strike team" that other megacorps use, but Horizon doesn't do anything the same way, do they?

S-K: Well, besides having a dragon at the helm, they have to have some sort of elite guard. Dunno who they are though.

About the closest I can think of would be Saeder-Krupp Prime. It's not exactly a "strike team" but a whole division that specializes in going in and "fixing" problem areas for S-K, or in an area where "ol' Golden Snout" has a particular area of interest.

Shaiwase: I dunno, but being that they are the ones that PIONEERED the idea that a mega can have a standing army, I should think that they WOULD have a strike team, just dunno who they are.

Like S-K I don't know if they have "teams" per se, but the closest would be agents of their Marketing Forecast Information Division (MFID). They specialize in corporate espionage, and probably undertake some considerable sabotage and other manipulation to ensure that their "forecasting" continues to become true.

+Quote Post
kzt
post Oct 26 2009, 09:27 PM
Post #4

Great Dragon

Member No.: 9,234

Didn't we just do this?

Yes we did!
http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?showtopic=28240

+Quote Post
Critias
post Oct 26 2009, 09:32 PM
Post #5

Freelance Elf

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 6,714

QUOTE (Degausser @ Oct 26 2009, 04:07 PM) *
Ares: Both Knight Errant (Sort of like Lone Star) and Firewatch teams. Firewatch teams focus on firearms, and are busy looking like Christian Bale
(a.k.a. they are developing the "Equilibrium" martial art.)

Y'know, there's nothing innately Equilibrium-goofy about that martial art. Given their remarkably limited range and the fact they're design for one-handed usage, pistols have been used in close combat pretty much since their introduction. Being good at it doesn't have to be full of silly slo-mo effects and weird kung-fu poses.

+Quote Post
Degausser
post Oct 26 2009, 10:20 PM
Post #6

Moving Target

Member No.: 11,698

QUOTE (Critias @ Oct 26 2009, 04:32 PM) *
Y'know, there's nothing innately Equilibrium-goofy about that martial art. Given their remarkably limited range and the fact they're design for one-handed usage, pistols have been used in close combat pretty much since their introduction. Being good at it doesn't have to be full of silly slo-mo effects and weird kung-fu poses.

Entirely true, and entirely not what I was getting at.

From Arsenal, p. 157
In 2068, Ares Macrotechnology unveiled a completely new
martial arts form based on the popular image of a gunfighter whirling
through a melee with a pistol in each hand, shooting as much
as punching and kicking. The product found its market in eager
young gunslingers raised on a steady diet of trideo action flicks.
Firefight is characterized by distinctive stances that allow proper
shooting techniques to be applied regardless of distance to target. In
essence, the user is trained to make the weapons an extension of her
hands. Firefght is a growing style among Ares Firewatch teams.

EDIT:
Thanks for the info and link KZT, I shall do what I can to update the top of the page.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 08:55 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.