IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Awakenings: The 8th World!, Wait, the Elemental turned into a what?
Stahlseele
post Oct 27 2009, 10:30 PM
Post #1

The ShadowComedian

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 13,525

OK, so my short attention span was responsible for me being bored again.
So i thought about important stuff, and up came the Question about the Awakening in the 8th World.

For example:
WHEN in the Battlerun Timeline did it happen?
HOW did it happen?
WHERE did it happen?
Was there Magic all over the inner Sphere, the Strana Metchty and the Clan Worlds, and everywhere else?
How did the people react?
Did the Japs(Kurita and maybe Liao) go all Yomi again and this time created Yomi-Planets/Star-Systems?
What about the Clans and their carefully planned genetic tinkering?
Imagine for example that slender small little Aerospace Fighter Pilot goblinizing into a Troll of all things . .

DISCUSS!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kagetenshi
post Oct 27 2009, 10:45 PM
Post #2

Manus Celer Dei

Member No.: 3,802

I made the mistake of thinking that Battletech might be in Shadowrun's future once as well, but was informed by those more knowledgeable than myself that Battletech history goes back to the Soviet era with no reference to any Awakening or similar events; consequently, there is no "Battlerun" and the Clans don't exist.

~J

+Quote Post
Bull
post Oct 27 2009, 10:50 PM
Post #3

Grumpy Old Ork Decker

Group: Admin
Member No.: 50

QUOTE (Kagetenshi @ Oct 27 2009, 05:45 PM) *
I made the mistake of thinking that Battletech might be in Shadowrun's future once as well, but was informed by those more knowledgeable than myself that Battletech history goes back to the Soviet era with no reference to any Awakening or similar events; consequently, there is no "Battlerun" and the Clans don't exist.

~J

Battlerun does, indeed, exist. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Stahl knows that SR and BT aren't actually linked, but I think he's basically speculating on how the Battlerun universe could have come to be, if the two WERE actually linked. I don't know enough about BT to participate myself, but it's an interesting exercise. And if I can talk Jason into doing Battlerun II, Electric Boogaloo, I have some ideas for him (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Bull

+Quote Post
Stahlseele
post Oct 27 2009, 10:55 PM
Post #4

The ShadowComedian

BLACKMAIL HIM IF YOU HAVE TO!
WE DEMAND BATTLERUN IIC !

And yes, i know all that. Sad as it is to me.
And yes, i am speculating. Bull, get out of my mind, you're scaring me. Also, it's not a clean place in there <.<

+Quote Post
Ravor
post Oct 27 2009, 11:12 PM
Post #5

Cybernetic Blood Mage

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,361

Hmm personally if I were designing such a campaign I'd have each Solar System have it's own Mana Cycle that was rolled randomly upon generation, on some worlds that fancy new Mana Cannon would be a fragging nuke and on others it would barely light your cigar.

+Quote Post
Stahlseele
post Oct 27 2009, 11:35 PM
Post #6

The ShadowComedian

Hrm, but that would not fly with the players i guess.
IN UNIVERSE, it makes a certain kind of sense.
But then, other Problems crop up too . .
What about the Space-Faring folks?
The goblinize in one System, then there's not mana at all in the next and they go back to human?

+Quote Post
Kagetenshi
post Oct 27 2009, 11:43 PM
Post #7

Manus Celer Dei

Member No.: 3,802

QUOTE (Bull @ Oct 27 2009, 06:50 PM) *

See, this is what I get for seizing my life back from these boards. I come back, and all of a sudden I'm missing references (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cyber.gif)

~J

+Quote Post
Stahlseele
post Oct 27 2009, 11:49 PM
Post #8

The ShadowComedian

QUOTE (Kagetenshi @ Oct 28 2009, 12:43 AM) *
See, this is what I get for seizing my life back from these boards. I come back, and all of a sudden I'm missing references (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cyber.gif)

~J

Read it. It's all kinds of fun to read through ^^

Also, it's more or less the next logical step in developement in my eyes too.
Shadowrun gets more Battletech with each reboot, Battletech gets more Shadowrun with each reboot . .

+Quote Post
Tachi
post Oct 28 2009, 12:54 AM
Post #9

Moving Target

Group: Validating
Member No.: 16,449

QUOTE (Bull @ Oct 27 2009, 05:50 PM) *
And if I can talk Jason into doing Battlerun II, Electric Boogaloo, I have some ideas for him (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/rotfl.gif) That gave me a mental image of Harlequin disco dancing a mech across a battlefield Travolta style. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rotfl.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/rotfl.gif) Then I got a mental image of a "Staying Alive" walking scene in a mech. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rotfl.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/rotfl.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rotfl.gif) Then I remembered that movie "Breaking 2: Electric Boogaloo", that I'm guessing is what you're actually alluding to (yeah, I watched it once, what?), and got a mental image of someone break dancing in a mech. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rotfl.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rotfl.gif)

Damnit Bull, I'm not gonna be able to get rid of those images for days, it'll be near impossible to concentrate, and it's all your fault. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wobble.gif)

Warning: Emoticon overload eminent.

Edit: Emoticon overload reached, reducing number of emoticons.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:44 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.