IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Kellan & Lothan art (Work in Progress)
joe12south
post Oct 28 2009, 09:10 PM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,611

Click to view

Don't know if there are any fans of Stephen Kenson's SR novels, but I thought I'd share a work in progress inspired by two of his characters.

I used to play SR back in the day (late 80's) and am contemplating submitting work to the new rights holder.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
pbangarth
post Oct 28 2009, 09:15 PM
Post #2

Old Man of the North

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 5,463

I love the fire extinguisher. Nice touch.

+Quote Post
Paul
post Oct 28 2009, 10:05 PM
Post #3

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 1,514

Excellent work.

+Quote Post
Bull
post Oct 28 2009, 11:01 PM
Post #4

Grumpy Old Ork Decker

Group: Admin
Member No.: 50

Awesome! Nice to see the Duels characters getting some love (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
joe12south
post Oct 28 2009, 11:10 PM
Post #5

Target

Didn't realize there was a connection to Duels, just read the novels. Well, yeah, I guess I had a vague recollection that they were commissioned alongside a new card game.

I'll be sure to post again when this is finished. If anyone is interested, I have a few more pieces I can post.

+Quote Post
Bull
post Oct 29 2009, 12:36 AM
Post #6

Grumpy Old Ork Decker

"Action Figure" game, actually. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

http://pl.shadowrun.wikia.com/wiki/Cyberzombie_%28Duels%29

You can see pics of most of the figures on that page. They were cool, but at a 1:12 scale (About 6" for the human male figures), they were just too damn big to realistically be used as Miniatures game, plus the rules were a bit wonky. They'd have been a great Action Figure toyline if they'd have been a bit more poseable, but sadly the articulation was a bit... schizophrenic from figure to figure. Still better than most of McFarlene's toys, but... Eh.

Bull

+Quote Post
exSaint
post Oct 29 2009, 06:09 PM
Post #7

Target

Member No.: 12,425

Very nice.

+Quote Post
Kagetenshi
post Oct 29 2009, 06:30 PM
Post #8

Manus Celer Dei

Member No.: 3,802

QUOTE (Bull @ Oct 28 2009, 07:36 PM) *
plus the rules were a bit wonky.

Wonky indeed, especially as relates to board size. On the recommended 4'x4' board with default equipment the Ork bouncer and his cattle prod ruled the day, while on an unlimited board the Elf Mage or the riflewoman tore up the place with their insane range and mobility. I never tried to make a truly broken character by trading gear, though…

~J

+Quote Post
flowswithdrek
post Oct 29 2009, 07:08 PM
Post #9

Target

Member No.: 3,837

Nice, i like it.

+Quote Post
BookWyrm
post Oct 29 2009, 07:12 PM
Post #10

Running Target

Member No.: 2,607

It's too bad the 3rd series of the figures never were produced. The Decker one looks great.

+Quote Post
Malachi
post Oct 29 2009, 07:13 PM
Post #11

Running Target

Member No.: 12,350

Actually, I think the Lothan character was based on an existing illo: the troll mage from the SR3 GM Screen. The description of the staff that he carries is spot on.

+Quote Post
Lok1 :)
post Oct 29 2009, 07:56 PM
Post #12

Moving Target

Member No.: 17,321

Cool action figures, not how I imagined the characters at all. Especialy Street Decon, I imagined Lothan being older looking but the artworks good.
PS: Wheres Kellan's necklase? I don't see it in the picture.

+Quote Post
Bull
post Oct 29 2009, 09:01 PM
Post #13

Grumpy Old Ork Decker

QUOTE (Kagetenshi @ Oct 29 2009, 02:30 PM) *
Wonky indeed, especially as relates to board size. On the recommended 4'x4' board with default equipment the Ork bouncer and his cattle prod ruled the day, while on an unlimited board the Elf Mage or the riflewoman tore up the place with their insane range and mobility. I never tried to make a truly broken character by trading gear, though…

~J

Yeah. But that's true in any mini's game, to an extent. I know I always favored smaller boards, or boards with a ton of terrain on them whenever I played my Khorne Chaos armies in Warhammer Fantasy or 40K (Especially 40K), same with my Growler army in Vor. On a large, open field, melee based troops tend to get shot to pieces. But if they have lots of cover and can close quickly..

QUOTE (Malachi @ Oct 29 2009, 03:13 PM) *
Actually, I think the Lothan character was based on an existing illo: the troll mage from the SR3 GM Screen. The description of the staff that he carries is spot on.

Yup, he was. I was just pointing out that most of the characters from the Wizkids books were from the novel line.

Cool action figures, not how I imagined the characters at all. Especialy Street Decon, I imagined Lothan being older looking but the artworks good.
PS: Wheres Kellan's necklase? I don't see it in the picture.

http://pl.shadowrun.wikia.com/wiki/Kellan_Colt

You can see it in her accessories pile. That was one of the interesting things they did with the Duels line was the accessories the figures came with. Neat concept, though some didn't stay on well, or broke easy. :/

And I fudged my link up above a bit. Here's the main Duels page on taht site: http://pl.shadowrun.wikia.com/wiki/Shadowrun_Duels

Series 3, down at the bottom, was never released, though I'd LOVE to get my hands on some of those figures. A couple of the later Wizkids novels featrued some of them (The Scottish Elf and the Decker are Bannickburn and his decker GF from Jason Hardy's novel, Drops of Corruption, for example).

Bull

+Quote Post
Sticks
post Oct 30 2009, 02:29 AM
Post #14

Target

Member No.: 4,923

Cool pic, just finished reading Born To Run, as i fill the gaps in the novel collection, and yeah loved the extinguisher

+Quote Post
joe12south
post Oct 30 2009, 10:10 PM
Post #15

Target

I'll have to include the necklace. Been a few years since I read the books, so I'm fuzzy on a lot of the details. For some reason I always heard Kellsey Grammer's voice for Lothan, so I tried to give some of that attitude to my rendition.

+Quote Post
joe12south
post Oct 30 2009, 10:31 PM
Post #16

Target

Click to view

Here's another SR work in progress. Not inspired by any particular published character.

+Quote Post
Bull
post Oct 30 2009, 10:32 PM
Post #17

Grumpy Old Ork Decker

Wow, fantastic stuff!

+Quote Post
CynthiaCM
post Oct 31 2009, 09:04 AM
Post #18

Target

Member No.: 16,327

Great stuff.

I, too, am a fan of Kenson's novels. For some reason, the first one in particular is my favorite SR novel. I own a bunch of the figs as well.

+Quote Post
Backgammon
post Oct 31 2009, 09:37 PM
Post #19

Ain Soph Aur

Member No.: 600

QUOTE (joe12south @ Oct 30 2009, 06:31 PM) *
Click to view

Here's another SR work in progress. Not inspired by any particular published character.

I've never seen art with the angle like that on the floor come out looking so amazing. Very nice.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 03:15 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.