> Whatever Happened to Captain Chaos?
Dr.Rockso
post Jun 11 2010, 09:11 PM
Post #226

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,849

QUOTE (hermit @ Jun 11 2010, 04:05 PM) *
(or, in Harles' and Aina's case, lesading an abusive relationship and taking turns in being junkies).

Don't IEs have immunity to toxins/pathogens? Or is that just vampires?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
outlawpoet
post Jun 11 2010, 09:16 PM
Post #227

Target

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 11,377

QUOTE (Martin_DeVries_Institute @ Jun 11 2010, 04:57 PM) *
The stuff I just read from AH's site suggests that Lofwyr stole Leonardo away from Renraku and he's now working at an Antarctic research station for SK, helping them reach beyond the SOTA. Comments in shadowtalk from various IEs suggests this 6thWorld Leonardo may be the elf they refer to as Brightlight. Earthdawn contained an elf named Leonarus, who was also obsessed with light (just like Leonardo).

In a novel, Lofwyr seems to imply that Leonardo is not Leonardo Da Vinci but may have known him, and has been implying that he posed as him to others, which Lofwyr, predictably, finds insipid, and suggests that Leonardo is insane for doing so.

Leonardo appeared to believe at the the time that the Horrors were coming faster than others thought. He believed Harlequin would fail, and that this time the Horrors would be able to penetrate kairns and dragon lairs. He was organizing some kind of super-kairn, and an organization of elves and humans to run it. He referred to this as his Great Work, and it involved him selling some of the secrets to AI, magic, and some other assorted trinkets for money, and double-crossing the buyers (He is supposed to have hacked all the AAAs simultaneously. although he seems not to have anticipated the rise of Deus).

He's also portrayed as ridiculously magically powerful, he seriously considers himself capable of taking on the entire Council of Princes or the Court from the two Tirs, and Lofwyr acknowledges he might have been capable of doing so or even posing a threat to the dragon himself, but of course it's Lofwyr, so he's already shut him down with a draconic toxin of some kind.

The whole episode is fascinating, even if it come in a book I think is rather sub-par overall. If it's still canon, Leonardo is either in SK's clutches or has been sold back to one of the corporations he hacked and betrayed. I consider it strong evidence Leonardo is Brightlight, which would mean that he's an IE, and one of the few beings Harlequin considers more powerful and in-the-know than himself.

+Quote Post
hobgoblin
post Jun 11 2010, 09:22 PM
Post #228

panda!

Member No.: 2,242

i do wonder if AH will be tinkering with those pages now that he is no longer associated with CGL.

+Quote Post
hermit
post Jun 11 2010, 10:11 PM
Post #229

The King In Yellow

Member No.: 7,121

Don't IEs have immunity to toxins/pathogens? Or is that just vampires?

That's just Vampires. IE are imune to age. nothing else. Aina is very able to knock herself out on a variety of drugs.

+Quote Post
Martin_DeVries_I...
post Jun 11 2010, 10:18 PM
Post #230

Moving Target

Member No.: 18,684

QUOTE (outlawpoet @ Jun 11 2010, 02:16 PM) *
The whole episode is fascinating, even if it come in a book I think is rather sub-par overall. If it's still canon, Leonardo is either in SK's clutches or has been sold back to one of the corporations he hacked and betrayed. I consider it strong evidence Leonardo is Brightlight, which would mean that he's an IE, and one of the few beings Harlequin considers more powerful and in-the-know than himself.

Wow. Seems I missed a lot of canon near the end of FASAs run. Stupid high school, taking my time away from Shadowrun...

+Quote Post
Tachi
post Jun 11 2010, 11:42 PM
Post #231

Moving Target

Group: Validating
Member No.: 16,449

QUOTE (Draco18s @ Jun 11 2010, 07:27 AM) *
Curiously, your post about the Sword of Damocles isn't underlined (I checked).

I was drinking, not drunk, at least, not at that point.

+Quote Post
Abstruse
post Jun 12 2010, 12:31 AM
Post #232

Running Target

Member No.: 4,488

QUOTE (Dr.Rockso @ Jun 11 2010, 02:29 PM) *
If I recall correctly Leo had a hand in the creation of either Morgan or Deus

Both, kinda. Leonardo joined Renraku about the time Morgan was "born" and I believe he may have been working on the advanced semi-autonomous knowbot to run the Archology that eventually became Deus after they started stripping Morgan for code. He claims to be THE Leonardo, but everyone pokes fun at him for it. He was left da Vinci's portfolios by Dunkelzahn in his will, a tweaking of his nose from beyond the grave most likely.

Also, AH did almost all that work long before he was associated professionally with CGL. The reason they haven't been updated recently is that he's been working for them professionally. Either the whole situation's going to leave a sour taste and he's going to lay off Shadowrun for a while, or we'll start producing more fan material.

+Quote Post
hobgoblin
post Jun 12 2010, 12:38 AM
Post #233

panda!

hmm, the da vinci portfolios. Do that include the supposed lost one?

+Quote Post
Abstruse
post Jun 12 2010, 01:00 AM
Post #234

Running Target

Member No.: 4,488

QUOTE (hobgoblin @ Jun 11 2010, 06:38 PM) *
hmm, the da vinci portfolios. Do that include the supposed lost one?

From what I recall, it was specifically the lost one. Or the complete portfolios, I can't remember.

+Quote Post
hobgoblin
post Jun 12 2010, 01:08 AM
Post #235

panda!

just checked, seems it was the lost ones.

+Quote Post
MJBurrage
post Jun 12 2010, 02:09 AM
Post #236

Moving Target

Member No.: 11,507

According to Ehran—in the 1990 printing of "Humans and the Cycle of Magic" by Tom Dowd and/or Jordan Weisman—Leonardo da Vinci never quite grasped some of the implications of his work with respect to the existence or cycles of magic. So not an immortal elf.

According to Harlequin’s Back, Immortal Elves are Immune to Age, Disease, Pathogens, & Poisons.

+Quote Post
Kumo
post Jun 12 2010, 02:56 PM
Post #237

Moving Target

Member No.: 17,594

Sorry for going back on topic, but:
hermit:
What happened to the adult Otaku from Psychotrope, while we're at this topic?

AH:
Well, most of them - Bloodyguts, Dark Father, etc. - were killed during System Failure.

(sorry, but somehow I can use only Quickreply option. No idea why.)

I know about Bloodyguts - he was flatlined by Deus, as warninig for Mirage. But didn't Dark Father showed up in short fiction in Runner's Companion, making deal with Hannibelle?

BTW - Hitomi Shiawase (a.k.a. Lady Death), another otaku from Psychotrope. She's the empress of Japanese Empire State now, am I right?

+Quote Post
Ancient History
post Jun 12 2010, 03:04 PM
Post #238

Great Dragon

Member No.: 2,935

QUOTE (Kumo @ Jun 12 2010, 02:56 PM) *
But didn't Dark Father showed up in short fiction in Runner's Companion, making deal with Hannibelle?

No, that was his son. Funny story, that was the opening to a planned piece of short fiction called "Ghoul Chow" that I never finished.

BTW - Hitomi Shiawase (a.k.a. Lady Death), another otaku from Psychotrope. She's the empress of Japanese Empire State now, am I right?

Yep.

+Quote Post
Kumo
post Jun 12 2010, 04:45 PM
Post #239

Moving Target

Member No.: 17,594

No, that was his son. Funny story, that was the opening to a planned piece of short fiction called "Ghoul Chow" that I never finished.

Thanks! I needed this info for my fanfic.

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  « < 8 9 10
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th May 2024 - 01:58 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.