IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Looking for a Detailed History of the Desert Wars., Or at least as much information as is available...
Headshot_Joe
post Nov 6 2009, 06:45 AM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,832

I recently wrote a short story about my character from the current 4th edition campaign I'm participating in, and liked how it turned out so well that I've decided to make it the basis of my NaNoWriMo project (I haven't yet posted it on here, mostly because I'm not sure exactly where to do so, and don't want to embarrass myself by posting it in the wrong place.).

Currently, in the research phase of my project, I have become hindered by my own lack of material regarding the Desert Wars.

I suppose my problem really stems from the fact that I've only been playing the game for slightly more than a year, and so far only possess material for the edition of the game I am playing (4th). I'm sure that there must be some source book from a previous version of the game(s) that holds this information I seek, however I am not aware to it's name(s) or nature(s).

If anyone can point me in the right direction, it would be much appreciated...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ancient History
post Nov 6 2009, 12:36 PM
Post #2

Great Dragon

Member No.: 2,935

Target: Wastelands has a whole section on it.

+Quote Post
Headshot_Joe
post Nov 6 2009, 05:26 PM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 17,832

QUOTE (Ancient History @ Nov 6 2009, 04:36 AM) *
Target: Wastelands has a whole section on it.

Thanks, that has quite a bit of useful information, at least from what I saw in the last five minutes of looking at it.

Still, I want as much information as possible, so if anyone knows of another source(s) I'd really like to hear.

+Quote Post
Warlordtheft
post Nov 6 2009, 05:32 PM
Post #4

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 11,360

THough not desert wars specific, I do recall fields of fire having some useful information regarding military operations.

I also recall there is mention of it in Feral cities (when taling about egypt). Shadows of Europe or Asia might have some bit of information as well.

+Quote Post
hobgoblin
post Nov 6 2009, 05:56 PM
Post #5

panda!

Member No.: 2,242

sota:63 had some stuff about mercenary operations and gear, tho most of the man portable stuff shows up in arsenal as well.

+Quote Post
Method
post Nov 6 2009, 08:38 PM
Post #6

Street Doc

Group: Admin
Member No.: 6,114

There have been a number of threads regarding desert wars in years past. If you do a search for "desert" you might be able to find a few bitz. The problem tho is that the DW are one of those things that are frequently referenced in the cannon but not really described in detail, except for the blurb in T:WL noted above.

Good luck tho. It will be interesting to read the final product.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 12:01 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.