Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Modular Cyberlimb, Handy?
Prime Mover
post Nov 6 2009, 03:21 PM
Post #1

Shooting Target

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 9,313

Modular cyberlimb plug ins are replacement specialized equipment or tools "clicked" into the UCCP. Now is this a limb with the equipment or tool integrated?
Example: I "click" in my Built in Medkit to my uccp joint on my left arm. Do I no longer have a left hand or do I have a left hand and a med-kit now?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ancient History
post Nov 6 2009, 03:47 PM
Post #2

Great Dragon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,935

Just the Medkit. You're not popping on a Swiss army cyberhand, you're popping on a specialized partial limb that contains a bunch of specialized tools and sensors, some of which may be on tiny electromechanical armatures. Typing is generally out.

+Quote Post
Bignaffer
post Nov 6 2009, 04:32 PM
Post #3

Target

Member No.: 17,395

yes. you have to replace the hand but it could still be really usefull i think. i like the flavor of it.

+Quote Post
Falconer
post Nov 6 2009, 05:11 PM
Post #4

Neophyte Runner

Group: Validating
Member No.: 13,662

Actually I think my favorite use for this system is to have alternate lower arms when dealing w/ cyberware scanners.

While a lot of the specialty tools are pretty neat and in some cases maybe even worthwhile. It also allows you to change your capacity based cyberware on the fly w/o much hassle. Or for example... put a synthetic (non-obvious) lower arm and hand on, to make it less conspicious sticking out of your jacket.

EG: my normal street legal cyberarm... then my jumped up illegal one w/ questionable cyber/mods/augments. (possibly in some shielded compartment for later reattachment). (EG: cybergyro, 'R' arm augmentations, cyberweapons, etc).

+Quote Post
Jhaiisiin
post Nov 7 2009, 05:18 AM
Post #5

Running Target

Member No.: 8,334

Reminds me a bit of the old GI Joe Battle Android Trooper, with being able to switch out hands.

+Quote Post
Neraph
post Nov 7 2009, 05:24 AM
Post #6

Great Dragon

Member No.: 16,387

The arm laser is amazingly useful, actually. It's a laser gun you can start the game with and has 5 or 10 shots (IIRC), deals 5P damage, and is -1/2 AP.

Also, the Raptor Legs are amazing, look KEWL!, and still have enough room to fit some R6 Hydraulic Pumps.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 09:43 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.