IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> MCT pull out of Tsimshian, details would be nice!
Weaver95
post Nov 13 2009, 05:48 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,687

So ok, according to the SR4 rulebook, MCT (which in third ed was essentially the ENTIRE economy of that nation) pulled out of Tsimshian. It is implied, although never stated, that the country essentially imploded right on schedule. So...I know that Salish jumped in to make them a protectorate, but c'mon - NOBODY could keep a lid on that place after the ruling tribe(s) had oppressed their people and essentially turned their nation into a toxic byproduct of MCT resource hunting corporations.

What I lack are 'official' details. Would the Salish press the STC for sanctions against MCT? What about the former leaders of Tsimshian - did they escape? If so, where? would there be a hunt for the war criminals? And how would the Salish even being to reclaim the land after what MCT did to it? I could see a lot of people being extremely pissed off at MCT after what they did to Tsimshhian. Maybe to the point of hiring shadowrunners to go out and either kill or capture former/current MCT executives. Probably just kill them, since I doubt they'd be able to put them on trial.

Any thoughts on the matter?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Warlordtheft
post Nov 13 2009, 06:01 PM
Post #2

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 11,360

As I recall, it wasn't that MCT pulled out that caused the Salish to invade. It was the use of chemical weapons, and a couple of border skirmishes. MCT pulled out to help rebuild Japan (and that they pretty much got what they wanted), and the Tsimshian government collapsed. The Salish just flew in to pick up the pieces (with Haida support I think).

Don't have the book here, but that is what I recall.

+Quote Post
Weaver95
post Nov 13 2009, 06:32 PM
Post #3

Moving Target

QUOTE (Warlordtheft @ Nov 13 2009, 01:01 PM) *
As I recall, it wasn't that MCT pulled out that caused the Salish to invade. It was the use of chemical weapons, and a couple of border skirmishes. MCT pulled out to help rebuild Japan (and that they pretty much got what they wanted), and the Tsimshian government collapsed. The Salish just flew in to pick up the pieces (with Haida support I think).

Don't have the book here, but that is what I recall.

Do you remember where this was mentioned? I'm thinking of including part of this story in my next campaign arc and further details (no matter how lightweight) would be immensely helpful.

+Quote Post
The Jake
post Nov 15 2009, 11:53 PM
Post #4

Shooting Target

Member No.: 872

QUOTE (Weaver95 @ Nov 13 2009, 05:48 PM) *
So ok, according to the SR4 rulebook, MCT (which in third ed was essentially the ENTIRE economy of that nation) pulled out of Tsimshian. It is implied, although never stated, that the country essentially imploded right on schedule. So...I know that Salish jumped in to make them a protectorate, but c'mon - NOBODY could keep a lid on that place after the ruling tribe(s) had oppressed their people and essentially turned their nation into a toxic byproduct of MCT resource hunting corporations.

What I lack are 'official' details. Would the Salish press the STC for sanctions against MCT? What about the former leaders of Tsimshian - did they escape? If so, where? would there be a hunt for the war criminals? And how would the Salish even being to reclaim the land after what MCT did to it? I could see a lot of people being extremely pissed off at MCT after what they did to Tsimshhian. Maybe to the point of hiring shadowrunners to go out and either kill or capture former/current MCT executives. Probably just kill them, since I doubt they'd be able to put them on trial.

Any thoughts on the matter?

Was covered in Shadows of North America IIRC....

- J.

+Quote Post
Nath
post Nov 16 2009, 12:16 PM
Post #5

Shooting Target

Member No.: 3,723

I don't have my books around, but as far as I remember, the conflict was covered in Shadows of North America, SOTA: 2063, SOTA: 2064, Shadows of Asia (only one sentence in MCT profile) and System Failure.

+Quote Post
Weaver95
post Nov 16 2009, 03:17 PM
Post #6

Moving Target

thanks guys, i'll check it out.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 06:27 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.