Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Geomancy and Reagent
ghostapathy
post Nov 20 2009, 09:18 PM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,651

I was curious, can Geomancy have any effect on reagent for enchanting. For example, can I increase the mana in a certain area so that the mana in the reagents in that area are more potent or increase the likelyhood of finding natural refined or radical reagent.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jaid
post Nov 20 2009, 11:16 PM
Post #2

Great Dragon

Member No.: 7,813

the answer i would say is probably yes (to an extent) but it likely requires time and resources (specifically, a sufficiently large region of wilderness) that put it beyond the scope of regular shadowrun.

but if you're asking whether or not MCT could own a large region of wilderness that they make subtle changes to (while leaving it uncultivated wilderness) to increase their harvest of materials, i would say yes. certainly, whether or not it is possible, there will be research on it. perhaps even the creation of aspected reagents/telesma/etc would be possible, though you would (imo) have to be extremely careful in your efforts... remembering that the region must be uncultivated/wilderness for reagents/telesma to appear at all.

+Quote Post
Ancient History
post Nov 20 2009, 11:25 PM
Post #3

Great Dragon

Member No.: 2,935

At one point during writing we were going to have the rating of a given manaline/power site/domain is a positive dice pool modifier on your Gathering Test to find reagents in the area, including natural and exotic reagents, but I can't find that anymore. Sorry.

+Quote Post
Ascalaphus
post Nov 21 2009, 03:21 AM
Post #4

Runner

Member No.: 17,814

I'd say Wuxing would be the real experts in business like this though. It's an interesting concept, maybe it can be turned into a run somehow - puts all those "break in to ruin their feng shui" jobs into perspective.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 06:22 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.