Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 4th ed ally spirit, they out it?
Straight Razor
post Nov 22 2009, 01:55 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,761

they put out rules for ally spirits yet?

second question.
I am wanting to have a phyEd with an ally spirit. I know that RAW this is not possible, but i want to hammer it through anyway. Once I have the spirit feeding it karma is normal. It is getting the spirit to start with that i'm not sure how to do in a balanced way.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JoelHalpern
post Nov 22 2009, 03:08 PM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 8,177

Ally spirits are described in Street Magic.
The problem for an adept is that the mechanism that is described requires the ability and skill to bind the spirit. The Adept will have neither one. If you and your GM want to allow this, you will have to come up with a new mechanism.

Yours,
Joel

+Quote Post
Dreadlord
post Nov 22 2009, 03:42 PM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 15,959

You may want to look at the rules for spirit pacts in Street Magic, it may be what you are looking for. They are fairly open-ended as well, so no real mechanism changes are necessary, just create your own pact with your GM.

+Quote Post
Neraph
post Nov 23 2009, 05:50 AM
Post #4

Great Dragon

Member No.: 16,387

Ally Spirits are from a Metamagic Technique in Street Magic, page 53. Basically, they are only available to casters. You could do a Mystic Adept with one point for Spellcasting so you can summon, but then you're limited to a F1/F2 Ally Spirit max.

Spirit Pacts are iffy, since in order to get what you want you'd have to go to a GM specific house rule.

You could do a high Loyalty Contact.

Also, you could check the thread in my signature, as I detail a new method of even mundanes getting "pet" spirits of their own, straight from Running Wild.

+Quote Post
MikeKozar
post Nov 23 2009, 06:19 AM
Post #5

Moving Target

Member No.: 17,426

Could a Mentor Spirit work here? Lots of good Kung-Fu media with ghost masters...although they aren't usually pets.

+Quote Post
Neraph
post Nov 23 2009, 06:32 AM
Post #6

Great Dragon

Member No.: 16,387

I'm not sure what the OP had in mind, but Mentor Spirits cannot actually take part in anything. They give you bonuses. That's pretty much the start and finish of it.

+Quote Post
Ol' Scratch
post Nov 23 2009, 07:14 AM
Post #7

Immortal Elf

Group: Validating
Member No.: 1,890

You're free to use them for flavor. For example, Spider could always be on your shoulder, whispering secrets into your ear whenever you have an epiphany. Hougan often manifest their mentor spirit as one of their loa spirits, but it's no different than any other spirit. That's about as far as they go outside of astral quests and the like, though.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th May 2024 - 08:03 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.