Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Nashville, Music town CAS
Snow_Fox
post Dec 1 2009, 01:29 AM
Post #1

Prime Runner

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,221

Has anyone done a run in Nashville? In RL it is hte home of ocuntry music and there's a lot of money in all that. As the USA falls apart this could easily become the music capital of the CAS. Atlanta might be the media capital but Nashville, spared from any serious uphevals would probably grab up all the other types of music. "Hey the indians blew up our recording studio, where can we record?" "I got us in for two days at Nashville!"

So has anyone tried a run there or the music industry?

Anyone from that area posting here able to tell some of the other stuff to be found in that area?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TeaTime
post Dec 1 2009, 02:45 AM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 15,819

There is this little Gem. Don't believe it has been collected, so would be worth a run by any major players, including a self-motivated team (and of course, the text says only one person gets their wish.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/grinbig.gif) )

To any person who possesses a ticket stub to Maria Mercurial’s only foray into country music, performed at My Brother’s Place in the Nashville sprawl: present yourself to the Draco Foundation at any time, and the Foundation will grant you one wish. I believe the saying is, be careful what you wish for—you may well get it.

- Portfolio of a Dragon: Dunkelzahn's Secrets

+Quote Post
Snow_Fox
post Dec 3 2009, 02:56 AM
Post #3

Prime Runner

Member No.: 1,221

OOO, good catch. I'd forgotten that. But it looks like no one else here has an interest in Nashville or has any suggestions about what might be there.

+Quote Post
MADness
post Nov 7 2011, 10:32 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 18,522

Sorry to res what must be a truly dead topic, but I have great interest in the shadows of Nashvegas. My little brother is interested in pencil and paper RPGs, and I just moved back home from the region. Maybe some people who have an interest in running the Mid-State "sprawl" could post some ideas?

+Quote Post
kzt
post Nov 7 2011, 11:17 PM
Post #5

Great Dragon

Member No.: 9,234

QUOTE (Snow_Fox @ Nov 30 2009, 06:29 PM) *
Has anyone done a run in Nashville? In RL it is hte home of ocuntry music and there's a lot of money in all that. As the USA falls apart this could easily become the music capital of the CAS. Atlanta might be the media capital but Nashville, spared from any serious uphevals would probably grab up all the other types of music. "Hey the indians blew up our recording studio, where can we record?" "I got us in for two days at Nashville!"

So has anyone tried a run there or the music industry?

Anyone from that area posting here able to tell some of the other stuff to be found in that area?

Biggest industry in Nashville is hospitals. I'm not sure if publishing is second or 3rd, as Nashville is apparently the bible publishing capital of the world. But music is either 2nd or 3rd.

+Quote Post
ravensmuse
post Nov 7 2011, 11:28 PM
Post #6

Running Target

Member No.: 14,507

I could...really see Nashville becoming the music capital of the CAS. That makes strange sense.

+Quote Post
MADness
post Nov 7 2011, 11:49 PM
Post #7

Moving Target

It's not just country music. Also, I think I recall seeing (though I have no idea where) that Nashville actually became the media center of the CAS; so runs there would include a lot of sabotage and PR campaigns. Also, it (currently) is a major pipeline location, providing multiple transit options; so smuggling would be a major industry (probably three or four under Denver, maybe top three in CAS). And bootleg drug production in the hill towns to the east would probably be a major thing too.

There are several major universities and collages in the region. And I can just imagine the kind of craziness that would occur in small towns like Carthage.

+Quote Post
Wakshaani
post Nov 8 2011, 03:22 AM
Post #8

Shooting Target

Member No.: 4,629

Well hello!

I'm not far from NashVegas, and, believe me, there's quite a lot in the Athens of the South (Actual nickname!) for runs. Aside from country music, Nashville is well known as the Simsense (And BTL) capital of the CAS and, indeed, beats the UCAS pretty badly in the production as well. TN as a whole is a smuggler's Mecca, but the state is chock full of stuff from Memphis to Nashville to Knoxville and beyond. You have the Trail of Tears, Mississippi mounds, Appalachian witches, coal, oil, Reelfoot Lake, the Parthenon... the list goes on and on.

We call it the 'Vol Sprawl', and I could go on about it for *days*.

+Quote Post
MADness
post Nov 8 2011, 10:44 PM
Post #9

Moving Target

I seriously think that we should start collecting our info and stuff here. I had this whole thing for the Hwy 70 corridor east of Nashville, with a bunch of stuff centered around smugglers in Carthage. This also included a bunch of hillbillies who had undergone creepy SURGE (think the swamp people in Fallout3).

+Quote Post
Wakshaani
post Nov 9 2011, 12:44 AM
Post #10

Shooting Target

Oh heck, the hard part is in cutting the stuff out, not adding it in. Memphis and the pyramid, why the Church of Elvis is in Nashville instead of Memphis, the New Madrid fault, Oak Ridge (Home of the only nuclear bombs ever dropped in war!), the Bell Witch, Lookout Mountain, the Clarksville Train Disaster (I lived through that one), Kudzu ...

WEALTH of stuff.

+Quote Post
Daylen
post Nov 9 2011, 12:47 AM
Post #11

Running Target

Member No.: 17,952

Am I the only one wondering just what is showing up in the BBQ pits of Nashville in 2070?

+Quote Post
Wakshaani
post Nov 9 2011, 03:08 AM
Post #12

Shooting Target

Pulled Pork, of course.

Mind you, this line of talk invites a barbeque flamewar, and if you've never seen one, you'd best hunker down. It usually pits Memphis vs Texas vs the Carolinas vs Kansas City.

And it gets ugly.

And it gets there FAST.

+Quote Post
Tymeaus Jalynsfe...
post Nov 9 2011, 03:39 AM
Post #13

Prime Runner Ascendant

Member No.: 17,022

QUOTE (Wakshaani @ Nov 8 2011, 08:08 PM) *
Pulled Pork, of course.

Mind you, this line of talk invites a barbeque flamewar, and if you've never seen one, you'd best hunker down. It usually pits Memphis vs Texas vs the Carolinas vs Kansas City.

And it gets ugly.

And it gets there FAST.

Pulled Long Pork is more likely. It is Tennessee after all... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
Wakshaani
post Nov 9 2011, 03:57 AM
Post #14

Shooting Target

You're thinking South Carolina. We're civilized on THIS side of the mountains. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post
Tymeaus Jalynsfe...
post Nov 9 2011, 03:03 PM
Post #15

Prime Runner Ascendant

QUOTE (Wakshaani @ Nov 8 2011, 08:57 PM) *
You're thinking South Carolina. We're civilized on THIS side of the mountains. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Heh... My Mistake... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
Daylen
post Nov 9 2011, 04:05 PM
Post #16

Running Target

Member No.: 17,952

QUOTE (Wakshaani @ Nov 9 2011, 03:08 AM) *
Pulled Pork, of course.

And it gets ugly.

And it gets there FAST.

Maybe for city slickers. I was thinking along the lines of wild game BBQ. Anyone care for some BBQ bandit, Basilisk, cockatrice, and firedrake?

+Quote Post
Tech_Rat
post Nov 9 2011, 04:37 PM
Post #17

Moving Target

Member No.: 17,910

Yeah. The best bbq in Tennessee is still no match for the worst bbq in Texas.

Just my (correct) 2¥

+Quote Post
Wakshaani
post Nov 9 2011, 05:19 PM
Post #18

Shooting Target

QUOTE (Daylen @ Nov 9 2011, 05:05 PM) *
Maybe for city slickers. I was thinking along the lines of wild game BBQ. Anyone care for some BBQ bandit, Basilisk, cockatrice, and firedrake?

Oh, don't get me wrong, we'll kill and cook *anything*, but BBQ is kinda sacred.

That's like going to a Texan and wondering if they'd make some goose chilli.

+Quote Post
Tech_Rat
post Nov 9 2011, 05:24 PM
Post #19

Moving Target

QUOTE (Wakshaani @ Nov 9 2011, 12:19 PM) *
That's like going to a Texan and wondering if they'd make some goose chilli.

Yeah. That ain't happenin'.

+Quote Post
Tymeaus Jalynsfe...
post Nov 9 2011, 07:04 PM
Post #20

Prime Runner Ascendant

QUOTE (Tech_Rat @ Nov 9 2011, 09:37 AM) *
Yeah. The best bbq in Tennessee is still no match for the worst bbq in Texas.

Just my (correct) 2¥

Amen to that... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
Wakshaani
post Nov 9 2011, 08:15 PM
Post #21

Shooting Target

"In our lead story today, the Confederation of American States broke up over the issue of Barbeque. As armies gathered in defense of Memphis, cries of "Pork, not beef!" could be heard, while in Texas, militias formed around the banners of local cookoff winners. Mississippi is expected to be a battleground state between these two great powers, while Lousiana released a statement in Creole which no one quite understood."

I think that we can all agree that White Barbeque is an abomination, however. (Mayonese as a base? Seriously? DEATH to the blasphemers!)

+Quote Post
Warlordtheft
post Nov 9 2011, 08:16 PM
Post #22

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 11,360

IIRC it also picked up greater importance music wise when the bugs took over Chicago. The corps moved their operations from Chicago to Nashville or LA.

+Quote Post
Wakshaani
post Nov 9 2011, 08:24 PM
Post #23

Shooting Target

Oh, and for the record?

Don't eat possum, people. Not even on a dare.

It's only mildly, MILDLY edible in a stew, but it's desperation food at BEST.

Never trust any meat that's more liquid than solid and that makes it's own blue gravy.

+Quote Post
Tech_Rat
post Nov 9 2011, 09:07 PM
Post #24

Moving Target

QUOTE (Wakshaani @ Nov 9 2011, 02:15 PM) *
"In our lead story today, the Confederation of American States broke up over the issue of Barbeque. As armies gathered in defense of Memphis, cries of "Pork, not beef!" could be heard, while in Texas, militias formed around the banners of local cookoff winners. Mississippi is expected to be a battleground state between these two great powers, while Lousiana released a statement in Creole which no one quite understood."

I think that we can all agree that White Barbeque is an abomination, however. (Mayonese as a base? Seriously? DEATH to the blasphemers!)

I agree with that last bit... Mayo is not a good base for any of my bbq's. It's just... I dunno... A couple of ingredients in my BBQ and chili involve brown sugar, cinnamon, and habanero peppers..

QUOTE (Wakshaani @ Nov 9 2011, 02:24 PM) *
Oh, and for the record?

Don't eat possum, people. Not even on a dare.

It's only mildly, MILDLY edible in a stew, but it's desperation food at BEST.

Never trust any meat that's more liquid than solid and that makes it's own blue gravy.

I... I made this mistake once... I'd rather eat squirrel...

+Quote Post
Wakshaani
post Nov 9 2011, 09:12 PM
Post #25

Shooting Target

Yeah, my uncle was a professional hunter and bass fisherman. If it walked, wiggling, flew, or swam, we ate it at some point. Rattlesnake's pretty good for example (Though twenty years later I found out that it's illegal to kill rattlers in this state), catfish can be amazing depending on where it comes from, deer is famously gamey but, with the right treatment, is yum. Squirrel and rabbit have their moments, but, possum?

Just ... just no.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 08:37 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.