Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Probably a stupid question, Rigging initiative question
8BitNinja
post Dec 1 2009, 04:41 AM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,924

When a rigger is jumped in I understand that the drone acts on the rigger's initiative, but I am unclear on if this is the rigger's meat initiative or his matrix initiative? I assume matrix and I further assume that the rigger gets his extra passes for hot sim is this correct.

As a related question: Can a jumped in rigger split his actions between the drone he is jumped in and other matrix nodes? I imagine this would follow the same rules as hacking multiple nodes at the same time, each pass must be spent in the same node, no active defense in a node other than "active" one.

Thanks in advance for helping a green runner learn the ropes.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jericho Alar
post Dec 1 2009, 04:54 AM
Post #2

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,812

QUOTE (8BitNinja @ Nov 30 2009, 11:41 PM) *
When a rigger is jumped in I understand that the drone acts on the rigger's initiative, but I am unclear on if this is the rigger's meat initiative or his matrix initiative? I assume matrix and I further assume that the rigger gets his extra passes for hot sim is this correct.

yes, as per pp245 of SR4A.

As a related question: Can a jumped in rigger split his actions between the drone he is jumped in and other matrix nodes? I imagine this would follow the same rules as hacking multiple nodes at the same time, each pass must be spent in the same node, no active defense in a node other than "active" one.

Thanks in advance for helping a green runner learn the ropes.

I would assume the answer to this would also be 'yes' but I'm having trouble finding a book reference. I could see this going both ways honestly, check with your GM.

one thing you are specifically prohibited from doing while jumped in is remotely controlling other drones (you can issue commands, you just can't directly control with COMMAND+skill tests.)

Personally, given how much damage you can rack up very quickly while jumped into a drone in combat I'd try to avoid being in combat in two nodes at once where one is a drone I'm jumped into...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 03:29 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.