IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Remote Control Deck (3rd), Where do YOU keep it?
Fygg Nuuton
post Dec 5 2009, 10:08 AM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,989

Where do all you riggers out there keep your wonderful toys? Do you sling it on your back, stuff it in your cyberleg, keep it in your vehicle and use a cheaper one in a network when away from the van or van analog? What's the optimal thing to do?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ol' Scratch
post Dec 5 2009, 10:37 AM
Post #2

Immortal Elf

Group: Validating
Member No.: 1,890

Cyberlimbs. That's all they're good for anyway; free storage. I used to keep a nice jammer in there, too.

+Quote Post
Mercer
post Dec 5 2009, 12:27 PM
Post #3

Running Target

Member No.: 2,600

I always wanted to put a stealth grapple gun in a cyberarm and instead of using a hook just use the hand. Or play a rigger with a detachable cyberhand drone.

+Quote Post
Kagetenshi
post Dec 5 2009, 02:25 PM
Post #4

Manus Celer Dei

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 3,802

RCDs aren't so hideously expensive, and the part that is (encryption) I'm already buying in bulk for the drones, so I tend to leave one installed in my Riggermobile and have a spare that I can keep in a bag for on-the-go use.

~J

+Quote Post
PBI
post Dec 5 2009, 07:26 PM
Post #5

Moving Target

Member No.: 16,955

I hardwired mine to my vehicle and didn't have a backup. Made for some awesome RP (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
Stahlseele
post Dec 5 2009, 09:40 PM
Post #6

The ShadowComedian

Member No.: 13,525

QUOTE (Dr. Funkenstein @ Dec 5 2009, 11:37 AM) *
Cyberlimbs. That's all they're good for anyway; free storage. I used to keep a nice jammer in there, too.

IN SR3, basically this.
Also, ask your GM for a house-rule that allows the same to be done with Cyber-Decks.

+Quote Post
Ol' Scratch
post Dec 5 2009, 09:46 PM
Post #7

Immortal Elf

I don't remember that requiring a house rule. I'm pretty sure there was a Capacity value placed on them, though it was pretty high. Around the same as a Jammer (which were much bigger in SR3 than SR4) if I'm not mistaking.

+Quote Post
Stahlseele
post Dec 5 2009, 10:16 PM
Post #8

The ShadowComedian

There were Cranial Cyberdecks which
a) cost fucking too much money
and
b) cost fucking too much essence
i never saw anything that allowed them to be built into cyber-limbs.
also, how much essence would that cost? 0,1 for the additional DNI?

+Quote Post
Sixgun_Sage
post Dec 5 2009, 10:24 PM
Post #9

Moving Target

Member No.: 17,783

Batman style Utility belt, seriously, the deck was distributed between several armored pouches with wiring run through sleeves from pouch to pouch.

+Quote Post
Ol' Scratch
post Dec 5 2009, 11:07 PM
Post #10

Immortal Elf

i never saw anything that allowed them to be built into cyber-limbs.
also, how much essence would that cost? 0,1 for the additional DNI?

I'm almost positive that I remember such a rule. I believe it was mentioned in a list of other items that were roughly the same Capacity size. I'd have to search high and low for my old SR3 books to find a page reference for you, though, and I'm just not that determined to do so. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

And yeah, I think that was the accepted method. Though I seem to remember just getting a datajack and using a router with it.

+Quote Post
Stahlseele
post Dec 6 2009, 12:02 AM
Post #11

The ShadowComedian

Well, if you built something into a limb which was usually not meant to be there, you needed to install an DNI to make use of it, because the connection of brain to limb operation was not suffecient for that . . but still, the cranial decks took up 2 to 4 points of essence, so the 0,1 essence would be one heck of a save anyway . . and of course, if you made the limb modular, you could take it off, pop in another limb and do some repairs/upgrades on your deck yourself . . the cranial meant a hatch opens in your head when you need a new CPU . . and you need cyber-surgery done . .
As for not being determined enough to look up that little bit of rules information for poor little old me?
SHAME ON YOU! http://www.digital-tree.com/images/catscorn.jpg
Nah, i can understand you, i am lazy as fuck myself ^^

+Quote Post
Link
post Dec 6 2009, 05:44 AM
Post #12

Moving Target

Member No.: 3,180

Cyberarm Cyberdecks are in Cybertechnology p34-35. Knew the book, checked the page ref. Quasi-lazy, so I won't elaborate.

+Quote Post
Ol' Scratch
post Dec 6 2009, 08:43 AM
Post #13

Immortal Elf

QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Dec 5 2009, 06:02 PM) *
Well, if you built something into a limb which was usually not meant to be there, you needed to install an DNI to make use of it, because the connection of brain to limb operation was not suffecient for that . . but still, the cranial decks took up 2 to 4 points of essence, so the 0,1 essence would be one heck of a save anyway . .

DNI Interfaces are for equipment that's not already designed to be cybernetically controlled. Read the second line of the Game Effects for DNI for clarification. Since cyberdecks are most definitely DNI enabled already, it's completely pointless. All you really need is a Router to connect it to a Datajack (which you should already have as a Decker); the Router is simply replacing the need for an optical cable.

The ECU list is on page 36 of Man & Machine, right there on the same table with Remote Control Decks (which, incidently, are apparently larger than a cyberdeck). It has an ECU of 5, or 4 if it's a stock model. I know there's another list somewhere, too, that includes Jammers and other such items but I'll be damned if I can find it again. I do recall it being rather obscure though and may have been in some text about converting ECU to CF and vice-versa.

+Quote Post
Stahlseele
post Dec 6 2009, 11:03 AM
Post #14

The ShadowComedian

Thank you ^^

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:46 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.