Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Alternate Reality Games, Jordan Weisman yet again
Platinum
post Dec 16 2009, 08:19 PM
Post #1

Running Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,115

I was poking around the web looking up old names, and came across Jordan Weisman's name. Turns out he was one of the first to use Alternate Reality Gaming as an artform and marketing medium.

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas of how to use this platform to run something shadowrunish? Does the Puppetmaster have to be involved in everything? I kind of have Shadowrun on the brain a lot lately and would love to run something that integrates the real world and Social media. (I already do geocaching which is a blast)

posted for more info
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alternate_reality_game
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
pbangarth
post Dec 18 2009, 05:49 PM
Post #2

Old Man of the North

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 5,463

I wonder how the futuristic technology (including magic) could be incorporated into a game that is played in the context of our present world. I understand that the internet would provide an environment that could be molded by the puppetmaster(s), but how would the players experience the not-yet-existent technology?

+Quote Post
Platinum
post Dec 18 2009, 07:15 PM
Post #3

Running Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,115

Well, you could weave that into the story but not necessarily give the players those abilities. For example ... have video footage of someone geeking a cybered sammie, or pictures of someone conjuring an elemental or throwing a fireball. Of this this would be found by the players hacking servers to obtain the footage. The awakening is here, they are surpressing the evidence. For instance hacking a hospital's records to find there are already elven and dwarven children.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 10:42 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.