Reply to this topicStart new topic
> PDF Price Drop!
Adam
post Dec 24 2009, 11:57 PM
Post #1

Prime Runner

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 51

Super-quick, as I still have gifts to wrap!

Core book PDF -- 15 bucks!

Street Magic, Arsenal, Unwired, etc -- 12 bucks!

Not a sale, this is a price drop.

http://www.shadowrun4.com/wordpress/2009/1...-rulebook-pdfs/

[Also applies for other Catalyst core books, such as Total Warfare for BattleTech and CthulhuTech core book ... and of course, Eclipse Phase has been $15 since the day we introduced it!]

Happy Holidays!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
etherial
post Dec 25 2009, 12:41 AM
Post #2

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,891

QUOTE (Adam @ Dec 24 2009, 06:57 PM) *

Not a sale, this is a price drop.

It's my philosophy that a .pdf book is an enhancement to a paper product, not a full-priced alternative. Whether that's your philosophy or not, I appreciate the pricing. I'm definitely eying the $15 corebook.

+Quote Post
Bull
post Dec 25 2009, 01:36 AM
Post #3

Grumpy Old Ork Decker

Group: Admin
Member No.: 50

I'm very happy to see this myself, since I'm of a similar opinion to etherial. I like PDF's as supplemental material, but I wouldn't buy nor use just them. I understand the marketing and philosophy behind the old pricing, but the new prices make me smile a lot. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Plus, this sort of news is definitely making a lot of folks sit up and take notice. CGL is fast becoming something of a pioneer in the Gaming PDF market, with stuff like this and the Creative COmons License material that Eclipse Phase (and apparently Leviathan) are using. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Also, Stickying this. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Bull

+Quote Post
Adam
post Dec 25 2009, 03:52 AM
Post #4

Prime Runner

And ... here's Vice!

PDF: http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product_info...iliate_id=77000
PDF: http://www.battlecorps.com/catalog/product...roducts_id=2382
Print Pre-Order: http://www.battlecorps.com/catalog/product...roducts_id=2383
PDF + Print Pre-Order: http://www.battlecorps.com/catalog/product...roducts_id=2384

+Quote Post
forgarn
post Jan 4 2010, 03:45 PM
Post #5

Moving Target

Member No.: 17,988

I for one, buy and use the PDF's exclusively. I am a "virtual" type person and since I can do searches in the PDF's it is much faster than trying to find info by paging through paper. Just me though. Besides, if I need a hard copy I just print it at work.

PDF's are the bomb for me.

+Quote Post
Thanee
post Jan 7 2010, 09:27 PM
Post #6

jacked in

Member No.: 463

QUOTE (Adam @ Dec 25 2009, 12:57 AM) *

Awesome! That's definitely in the range, where I start to consider buying them (already have all the books, of course). (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Maybe you should look into the cost of the book+PDF bundles, though, as they are now more expensive than the two seperate items together. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/grinbig.gif)

And a question... if you buy the PDFs for the core rulebooks (Street Magic, Arsenal, etc.) will you be able to upgrade them to the new anniversary/enhanced versions of the books, that are starting to come out soon? Or would you have to buy the PDF again, then?

Bye
Thanee

+Quote Post
Replica
post Jan 13 2010, 02:00 PM
Post #7

Target

Member No.: 17,509

Hello,

this would interest me, too.

+Quote Post
Thanee
post Jan 14 2010, 11:01 AM
Post #8

jacked in

I also sent a mail to catalyst asking the same thing (and a few others), so if I eventually (hopefully) get a reply there, I will post the result here, if it hasn't been answered by then.

Bye
Thanee

+Quote Post
Adam
post Jan 16 2010, 12:02 AM
Post #9

Prime Runner

The answer to that is not 100% finalized yet.

+Quote Post
Thanee
post Jan 16 2010, 11:59 PM
Post #10

jacked in

I see. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Bye
Thanee

+Quote Post
Tachi
post Jan 21 2010, 03:12 AM
Post #11

Moving Target

Group: Validating
Member No.: 16,449

Adam,

While I have no illusilons about, ahem, your generosity... I like this. Nevertheless, bob-and-weave... We've been with you for quite a while, I could stay with you, for a lot... But, the armerican people (ahem, as much as I may Like to move to the liberals view), do not move to the Liberal drum. While many people could run the Gambit, I and others undestand, what is going on with the economy, and you must know who we are... You must understand, that your bottom line is where you stand. I have no negative issue with that. What is good for you, is good for the economy. And, If you cannot compete on a level field...
... I wish you the best... I wish CGL the greatest success... but I will not hold my breath for you... Bob and weave... may the ugliest, coldest, and hardest sumbitch survive... Good luck gentlemen... and I really mean that... I like your feel, and where you come from... See you in hell...

Bob and weave... just make sure you bob when you're supposed to bob and weave when you're supposed to weave... Anything else is bound to hurt.

+Quote Post
Adam
post Jan 21 2010, 03:28 AM
Post #12

Prime Runner

Should the first word of that post been underlined?

+Quote Post
Tachi
post Jan 21 2010, 04:30 AM
Post #13

Moving Target

Group: Validating
Member No.: 16,449

QUOTE (Adam @ Jan 20 2010, 09:28 PM) *
Should the first word of that post been underlined?

You've been paying attention... despite my 5 month absence you remembered and I forgot, nice catch... and In my drunken state (151 is your friend)... and the fact that I did say I'd give warning, way back when, nevertheless... I have no illusions about your corporate bottom line... and while I may root for you... all I have to say... is... I hope that you are still here after the shit hits the fan... Bob and weave... ask for our help if you need it. We exist for our own amusement... and you're bottom line. After all... If you guys collapse... we get bored, and move on, strangely, with a void no other company can fill... you're us... with corporate support... and while I'd hate to relate your financial success with our, ahem, contentment.....................................................................
.....We are the definition of a symbiotic relationship... We are your success... Just as you are our soul... If you bob... We weave... then we pie the corner for a kill shot... CGL is the basis for our outlook on life... It doesn't mean we'll let you skip over reality... It just means that for every decisions you make... there are 1000 variations you missed, and which we account for... Without you... we're bored and tend to hit walls... without us... you do the same. This is not an insult... inside the meme we have chosen for ourselves... we are interdependant... multiple divisions of a single unit... Were it not for you, we would have moved on to other things... Were it not for us... you would have done the same...

You exist because we exist... and vice versa... Gouge the free-market for what it can take... It will... by defination... adjust...

[/heartless, coldblooded, unapologetic, capitalist rant]

Now... excuse me while I run 150 people out of my college-town bar... I have school tomorrow and we close early on Wednesdays so I can receive a 2300 liquor delivery...

+Quote Post
Thanee
post Feb 24 2010, 01:11 PM
Post #14

jacked in

QUOTE (Thanee @ Jan 14 2010, 12:01 PM) *
I also sent a mail to catalyst asking the same thing (and a few others), so if I eventually (hopefully) get a reply there, I will post the result here, if it hasn't been answered by then.

Finally got an answer yesterday... unfortunately, they still do not know yet. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Bye
Thanee

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:00 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.