IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> GMC Semi-autonomous Repair and Recovery Vehicle, Becasue in the future even the towtrucks are advanced
BRodda
post Jan 4 2010, 08:09 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,811

Just a “standard” automated Repair/Recovery vehicle based on the GAZ P-179 (Pickup Truck) pg 109 Arsenal. This is a automated vehicle that still has room for a driver and passenger, but is capable of operating on its own do to its autopilot and agents. It is intended as a combination roadside assistance and tow truck.

GMC Semi-autonomous Repair and Recovery Vehicle
Total Cost with all software: 48,000 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nuyen.gif)

Truck Stats:
Hand: -1
Accel: 15/30
Speed: 90
Pilot: 3
Body: 14
Armor: 10 (Concealed)
Sensors: 2
Device Rating: 3
Avail: -

Modifications:
Gridlink
Concealed Armor: 10
Mechanical Arm (Full)
Fuzzy Logic
Rigger Adaptation
Searchlight
Anti-Theft
Winch (Enhanced)
Workshop
Repair Agent: Automotive Mechanic Professional skill: 3

When used with out a driver the vehicle can be run like a drone in areas that have a high incident of breakdowns. When a Gridgird “Disabled Vehicle” alert is generated or the driver contacts a repair shop the company can route the nearest repair vehicle to that location. The smart agent can then run a diagnostic of the disabled vehicle and attempt to repair it. (The workshop and arm allows for many common repairs to be done on the spot. If a part is needed the company can dispatch the part via drone from a central warehouse if it is available.) If the smart system can’t find the problem a Rigger Mechanic can jump into the vehicle to perform a more though examination or perform a tricky repair. If there is a crash or the vehicle can not be repaired the tow arm will allow the vehicle to be towed quickly and safely to a repair depot while the passenger rides comfortably in the cab.

For smaller operations or those that operate out of Grid a standard tow truck driver can operate the vehicle in a standard method, but still allow the ease of on-site repair without the expense of having trained mechanic in every vehicle.

The concealed armor allows for the security of both the staff and customer without the fearsome appearance of being an APC.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sixgun_Sage
post Jan 4 2010, 08:13 PM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 17,783

This is pretty impressive, mind if I steal it for my "new releases" corporate catalog?

+Quote Post
BRodda
post Jan 4 2010, 08:18 PM
Post #3

Moving Target

QUOTE (Sixgun_Sage @ Jan 4 2010, 03:13 PM) *
This is pretty impressive, mind if I steal it for my "new releases" corporate catalog?

Go right ahead. I post this stuff so people can use it. Feel free to use the Vending machine stats form my earlier post too if you want to. Just send me a link to it.

I'm just trying to fill in the MASSIVE gap of what common items and vehicles would look like in the setting. And lets face it most GMs handwave towtrucks.

+Quote Post
Sixgun_Sage
post Jan 4 2010, 08:45 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 17,783

QUOTE (BRodda @ Jan 4 2010, 03:18 PM) *
Go right ahead. I post this stuff so people can use it. Feel free to use the Vending machine stats form my earlier post too if you want to. Just send me a link to it.

I'm just trying to fill in the MASSIVE gap of what common items and vehicles would look like in the setting. And lets face it most GMs handwave towtrucks.

I actually am updating stats for an automated vending machine I made for SR3, the defense mechanism was a taser system, if needed it could also fire cans hard enough to do stun damage. Yes it had a gripping arm so it could self-reload!

+Quote Post
BRodda
post Jan 4 2010, 09:01 PM
Post #5

Moving Target

QUOTE (Sixgun_Sage @ Jan 4 2010, 03:45 PM) *
I actually am updating stats for an automated vending machine I made for SR3, the defense mechanism was a taser system, if needed it could also fire cans hard enough to do stun damage. Yes it had a gripping arm so it could self-reload!

I thought about that, but the legal liabilities were a bit more than I thought a corporation would find "Acceptable". Hard as has hell to hack though. Mine did have the 5S tazer though. Just keep things in mind like cost, "cost savings" and liability.
Being a manufacturing engineer helps though =)

+Quote Post
Jaid
post Jan 5 2010, 04:57 AM
Post #6

Great Dragon

Member No.: 7,813

QUOTE (BRodda @ Jan 4 2010, 04:01 PM) *
I thought about that, but the legal liabilities were a bit more than I thought a corporation would find "Acceptable". Hard as has hell to hack though. Mine did have the 5S tazer though. Just keep things in mind like cost, "cost savings" and liability.
Being a manufacturing engineer helps though =)

well, you only have it jolt people who do not have a valid SIN showing. if they have no SIN, they have no legal right to not be tazed (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post
Udoshi
post Jan 5 2010, 05:42 AM
Post #7

Runner

Member No.: 17,566

Given that the other automated truck - the GM hermes, which delivers postal packages, is 45000(okay, plus 7k for some Sandals), and has pilot 2 for driving around, I think you're pretty much in the right price range/effectiveness with this one. Well done.

+Quote Post
ravensoracle
post Jan 5 2010, 01:32 PM
Post #8

Moving Target

Member No.: 16,184

I'd also give it a drone rack to hold a smaller drone that could fit into the places the "arm" on the tow truck just couldn't reach.

+Quote Post
BRodda
post Jan 5 2010, 02:19 PM
Post #9

Moving Target

QUOTE (Jaid @ Jan 4 2010, 11:57 PM) *
well, you only have it jolt people who do not have a valid SIN showing. if they have no SIN, they have no legal right to not be tazed (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

You don't need a valid SIN for a soda, its under 20 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nuyen.gif) so you can just use a PIN. The jolt is for people who try to get free items from the machine.

+Quote Post
BRodda
post Jan 5 2010, 02:20 PM
Post #10

Moving Target

QUOTE (Udoshi @ Jan 5 2010, 12:42 AM) *
Given that the other automated truck - the GM hermes, which delivers postal packages, is 45000(okay, plus 7k for some Sandals), and has pilot 2 for driving around, I think you're pretty much in the right price range/effectiveness with this one. Well done.

Generally I build the drones and vehicles per the rules in Arsenal and then drop the price 10%-20% for mass production. It tends to work out really well.

+Quote Post
BRodda
post Jan 5 2010, 02:25 PM
Post #11

Moving Target

QUOTE (ravensoracle @ Jan 5 2010, 08:32 AM) *
I'd also give it a drone rack to hold a smaller drone that could fit into the places the "arm" on the tow truck just couldn't reach.

I looked into that, but it drives the price up pretty quickly. A full manipulator arm is just as good as a regular human arm and if it is a more complex repair they are just going to take it to the repair shop anyway. I'm figuring that the roadside repairs are going to be things like dead batteries, dead alternators, out of fuel/charge, flat tires and other such things. As a side note this can also be used as a traveling lube shop during off hours. You can arange for the truck to come and perform retinue maintenance on your car while at work or at home.

Hows that for a way to get into a location? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rotate.gif)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:56 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.